BEST Female Leaders for Civ VII?

I dislike it for Austria not being lumped in Germany where it belongs :p
I would disagree with Austria being part of Germany. Is it German though, yes.

It's one of those things which to me would depend on the design of the particular civs in question. But it seems like Firaxis sees them separate, because they were in Civ 5 with Germany being portrayed more modern. Not to mention we have yet to get Austrian uniques or cities in their design.

On the very flip side, Maria Theresa was the German female leader in II :p

Which, yes, is old, but then again, the Holy Roman Empire was Germany (II) then a separate civ from Germany (IV) then Germany again (VI), so sometime they return to the earlier design rather than stick with the newer. Maria Theresa having appeared in one role in II and the other in V to me means she could appear in either roles in future iteration.

I think there's a strong "could go both way" on this with Firaxis. And I strongly favor one way and am not a fan of the other, because I'm not a fan of the over-Balkanization of Europe or the tendency to subdivide civilizations into their indicidual polities that we often see.

Last edited:
On the very flip side, Maria Theresa was the German female leader in II :p

Which, yes, is old, but then again, the Holy Roman Empire was Germany (II) then a separate civ from Germany (IV) then Germany again (VI), so sometime they return to the earlier design rather than stick with the newer. Maria Theresa having appeared in one role in II and the other in V to me means she could appear in either roles in future iteration.

I think there's a strong "could go both way" on this with Firaxis. And I strongly favor one way and am not a fan of the other, because I'm not a fan of the over-Balkanization of Europe or the tendency to subdivide civilizations into their indicidual polities that we often see.
And, I have my viewpoints, which may not concur, that doesn't necessarily mean I have a distorted view of history or am an advocate Nationalistic thinking because of it. :)

Let’s see, Mao Zedong was the leader of China in Civ 1, which came out about 15 years after he died, and Wilma Mankiller, the Cherokee chief, died about 13 years ago…

Let’s see, Mao Zedong was the leader of China in Civ 1, which came out about 15 years after he died, and Wilma Mankiller, the Cherokee chief, died about 13 years ago…
Yes, and Indira Gandhi died more recently than her appearance in Civ2. But, as said several times above, the various standards of who appears in Civ games has changed drastically since Civ1 and Civ2, and even Civ3. Plus, Wilma Mankiller is probably NOT the best choice to lead the Cherokee - there are a fair number of far better leaders, as leaders go - they are not a civ starving for choice of leaders, even if not having as much of an abundance of them as some with long recorded histories.

Yes, and Indira Gandhi died more recently than her appearance in Civ2. But, as said several times above, the various standards of who appears in Civ games has changed drastically since Civ1 and Civ2, and even Civ3. Plus, Wilma Mankiller is probably NOT the best choice to lead the Cherokee - there are a fair number of far better leaders, as leaders go - they are not a civ starving for choice of leaders, even if not having as much of an abundance of them as some with long recorded histories.
You’re not very good at getting jokes.

You’re not very good at getting jokes.
You're not very good at using emojis. Plus, I was initially unfamiliar with the subject of the joke.

Top Bottom