Best of the Old (up to early 90s) computer games companies?

Kyriakos

Creator
Some suggestions:

-Delphine (awesome early 90s French indy company, produced games such as Another World and Cruise for a Corpse).
-Psygnosis (Lemmings was likely their biggest success, but they were a main company in Amiga gaming overall).
-Gremlin (Utopia: The Creation of a Nation :D ).
-Bluebyte (German company, a number of hit series such as Battle Isle and Settlers :) ).
-Revolution (UK adventure company, with games like Lure of the Temptress, Beneath a Steel Sky and the Broken Sword series :) ).
-Infogrames (North and South! Shadow of the Comet - Lovecraft themed game. Also Alone in the Dark).

:D

Link to video.

Sir-tech. Whenever I couldn't solve something I called them long-distance and they just told me the solution.

Infocom-masters of the text adventure genre.

No Miroprose ? This is civfanatic after all.
And do consoles count ? I used to a fan of the apcom franchises of the 8 and 16 bit era: Mega Man, Street fighter, Breath of Fire.

Sierra - ID.

And MicroProse.

/thread.

*reads* The makers of the Krynn trilogy. *faints*

*realises MobBoss is back on CFC*
*faints*

From Spectrum times:

-Hewson & Graftgold (publisher and author of Quazatron, Uridium, Ranarama...),
-Ocean (Head Over Heels, Rambo...),
-Palace software (Sacred armor of Antiriad, Barbarian, Cauldron series...)
-Opera Soft (La Abadía del Crimen, Livingstone supongo...) very good games were made in Spain back then.

From Amiga times i particullarly remember Silmarils mostly because the name (and to a lesser extent because Starblade, a space game where you could land at planets) Not a very prominent developer but the name "Silmarils" sounded somehow very evocative and got printed in my childish brain. Many years after i discovered it was taken from Tolkien universe. Man, that guy was a master inventing words.

I'm a softie at heart. Can't get enough of those romance games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms. :D

Good lord, somebody just cost me a lot of hours now that I need to go ahead and try and sort out dosbox well enough to acquire the Krynn games and get in the mood to map. Might as well try and find Deathtrack while I'm at it. Guh, if I put it off long enough I'll forget it. :p

Kingdom Hearts is just the game for you then, Mr. V.

Good lord, somebody just cost me a lot of hours now that I need to go ahead and try and sort out dosbox well enough to acquire the Krynn games and get in the mood to map. Might as well try and find Deathtrack while I'm at it. Guh, if I put it off long enough I'll forget it. :p

Mastery of DOSBox is a most valuable skill.

Robot Odyssey. 'nuf said...though TIE Fighter is worth the effort I put in as well.

Top Bottom