Best Tech?

Genv [FP]

Website Moron
I'd have to say Biology.

Impossible. It depends on the game.

Probably pottery, or just pick a worker tech that's an eventual pre-req to virtually everything else.

Bronze working. Most powerful civic + chopping + axes.

Fishing!

I always like to work hard to pop out a great person early so I can use him to lightbulb this one. Isn't that how all the experts do it now?

Getting a monopoly on that is just... so game-breaking.

going to have to say monotheism or divine right. the whole religious branch is just so overpowered :mischief:

seriously though? it's military science/steel for me, at emperor (my norm now..) on down I can lock up the game with grens/cannons

Bah! It's the mighty WHEEL.

Bronze working, as it's probably the only tech that can theoretically lead to victory. Ok, you might need the wheel to hook it up.

Environmentalism. See Mao's muse. It's one of the best techs you can start the game with (with which you can start the game?)

Rifling for example, If you are first to get rifles you can kick some butt...

Alphabet enables both tech trading and espinage.

There's actually no contest. Computers is without doubt the "best" tech since if you build the internet which is unlocked by computers then you can in theory gain every single tech from it.

I'd personally say bronze working though simply because it enables so many things that are critical in the beginning of the game :p.

You can't play Civ IV without Computers...duh!

hmmm ,

guilds or the alphabet

Communism- State Property, leads to infinite city sprawl, demonstrated by Sullla here in an RBCiv variant where each player could choose a starting tech of their choice. Another strong choice would be Fiber Optics, granting the Internet (or does Computers grant that) sorting out your technology needs for the game.

Biology is also a very strong choice, incredible vertical growth.

Democracy- incredibly fast cottage growth thanks to Emancipation, as well as granting unhappiness to the other AIs.

Top Bottom