Beta & Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, I know for certain I wrote a reply here earlier... maybe I forgot to actually hit the reply button. :lol:

The Statue of Liberty should be working properly in the current version. Border-culture resets for puppets sounds like a vanilla bug we can't do anything about. I don't know about the protecting CSs thing.

Monarchy is only giving 1 per pop? Hm... it might be a rounding problem, I might only be able to do 1 or 2.

@Erendir
Thank you for pointing out that bugfix, I've included it in the unofficial patch now.

@SSgtDuke
All citystate lands are always friendly to Greece regardless of reputation level. This seems an intentional effect from their unique trait.

@doktorstick
Thanks for pointing out the Republic bug, I've fixed the error now.

The hovering promotions are pretty buggy unfortunately.:( They look fantastic and are really useful, though! Playing with yesterday's build, .02 I think.

@Seek - I thought I was seeing things :) I saw a Barbarian galley that could move through jungles! And I had a promotion that I didn't think I had, and after I promoted him it changed.

All citystate lands are always friendly to Greece regardless of reputation level. This seems an intentional effect from their unique trait.
Aha, I forgot about that trait. Seems strange when they're actually at war with the CS though.

Could you describe a specific instance of a problem you've encountered with the unit flag promotions? If possible, checking for any tuner error messages when the problem appears would also help.

Could you describe a specific instance of a problem you've encountered with the unit flag promotions? If possible, checking for any tuner error messages when the problem appears would also help.

Well I got an example here... I'm not sure how a CS Unit got those Civ promotions (not sure which that is (+50 combat in jungle, heals after kill)), but I could be wrong:
Spoiler flag promotions :

(got no Live Tuner log, sorry)

After quick-testing beta 4.04, I'm afraid I have to say that the new RA System does not work, not the slightest :(
I had two DoF and all the requirements (I'm pretty sure my allies had them too). No additional popup info (in top bar), no additional science. Not sure if I've done anything wrong.

Attachments

• flag_promotion.jpg
    flag_promotion.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 253
  • puppet_culture.jpg
    puppet_culture.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 259
And here I got some additional (really minor) issues I gathered from beta 4.03:

When looking at a puppet, the "+-50% from city" looks a little bit strange, but nothing big ^^
Spoiler :

Some minor readme errors (spelling stuff), but because I could be wrong, I'll wrap it in a big spoiler ^^
Spoiler :
(Those are probably in public release too.)

In the "-- Readme - Combined -- .html" file:
Compatibility
If you have the Spain & Inca DLC installed, remove the “x” in front of the “xBDLC - IS – General.xml” filename of that folder.
It's actually a "no" now in front of the file ;)

Ok, don't know what is up with me, but I actually read some readme files ^^
In the "Readme - Research.html" file:
Compatibility
This mod is replaces and updates the separate Balance – Research mod, which should now be deleted.
Ok english is not my native language, but that first "is" doesn't look good (to me).
I hope I do not make myself look stupid if I were wrong with this, but this error is in several files (like city-dev.)

Combat file:
Refugees and militias flee captured cities.
from/to captured cities? or is this correct?

One more. "Readme - Thals Utilities.rtf":
There can be only one NotificationPanel.xml file, so changes it to it in various mods must be merged.

I'm sorry, but I really do not understand what is meant by that (Thals balance .modinfo file):
... so this combines all my previous balance mods (and mods my own must depend on from other authors) as sub-folders ...

As I read about the great person improvements in the terrain improvements file, I rememberd something that bothered me in an earlier game. Would it be possible to display the info that you will loose a resource (SR/LR) if you build a specific improvement like the academy on it? Back then when I didn't know that, I wondered why the heck I lost my Iron because I thought an academy would be cool on it. Ok, normally you get the info "...will connect the..." when you attempt to build a manufactory, but just lacking that info doesn't make it clear enough for me ^^

I may be mistaken, but it seemed to happen most frequently with newly built units from cities/mil CSs without XP. I've gotten the promotions of a Jaguar or Shock 3 erroneously displayed; in other words, usually UU or advanced promos. Not limited to ground units either, as Doctorstick mentioned, they show up on naval units as well (didn't use any air yet in the game so I'm not sure about that). Units with actual promotions display correctly for the most part, iirc. Will check the tuner next time I load up a game.

That picture in particular is probably not a bug, looks like a citystate that upgraded a Jaguar. I've had them give me Jaguars and other unique units before even of factions I'm not a part of. However, I could be wrong. One way to check for sure is to declare war and hover a friendly unit over that unit - if the promotions show up on the bottom unit panel they're accurate.

I believe I found the RA error. Could you open this file:
Unofficial Patch\UP_General.lua

and change these two lines:
Code:
and playerFrom:IsDoF(playerTo)
and playerTo:IsDoF(playerFrom)
to this:
Code:
and playerFrom:IsDoF(playerToID)
and playerTo:IsDoF(playerFromID)
Then see if RAs work? I think that was the error.

The puppet thing is a vanilla bug, I can fix it easily enough. Thank you for pointing out the readme errors, I've corrected those.

I'm unable to use a great scientist to contribute toward research other than to build an academy. I'm using your latest beta. I have live tuner but I don't know how to use it otherwise I might be able to help more.

I'm unable to use a great scientist to contribute toward research other than to build an academy. I'm using your latest beta. I have live tuner but I don't know how to use it otherwise I might be able to help more.

If it helps, I didn't have this problem two days ago with the then-current beta. That was 4.03, I believe.

Hi. Got some new things (issues) from beta 4.05 :)

I can confirm that the GS still is a lazy bum ^^ He doesn't even display the beaker button. Those scientists just cause trouble all the time ;)

Next I wondered if it's "Border expansion COST:-50%" instead of +50% in puppet cities? The idea is, that governors mansion makes it harder to expand, or is it intended that puppets can expand easier?
Spoiler :

So this is now really a flag promotion bug (if I'm not totally wrong). As you can see in the image, it displays the +1 Range promotion, but the red range border is just 2 tiles (destroyer default) and there is no promotion like that in the lower left unit infobox. Sadly I always seem to forget Live Tuner as I am always so eager to play a new beta ^^
Spoiler :

Here I got something nice from beta 4.04:
I don't think it should be +400/+100 food from CS, sadly it was only a displaybug. Would have been awesome otherwise :D
I don't think it's a Civwillard bug or something similar as I didn't notice something like that before 4.04.
Spoiler :

(This one is too from beta 4.04, but I am not sure if it's a bug or something I do not understand. In the image it shows 4 horses in the top bar, but 6 total and 3 extra in the info popup. Same with Iron. I am somewhat sure that I were not trading one of them.)
Got it now... It's 6 total, 2 used for units so there are 4 left (1 "main" and 3 extra). But thats a little big confusing in my opinion. It shouldn't be the same mechanic for SR as with luxuries.
Spoiler :

Finally I want to thank you for the new GP overview. I really like it, it's much better than before (I know, it's already in there for some betas ;) ).

Attachments

• wrong_flags.jpg
    wrong_flags.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 215
  • maritime_food.jpg
    maritime_food.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 212
  • puppet_borders.jpg
    puppet_borders.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 195
  • resource_information.jpg
    resource_information.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 194
(This one is too from beta 4.04, but I am not sure if it's a bug or something I do not understand. In the image it shows 4 horses in the top bar, but 6 total and 3 extra in the info popup. Same with Iron. I am somewhat sure that I were not trading one of them.)
Got it now... It's 6 total, 2 used for units so there are 4 left (1 "main" and 3 extra). But thats a little big confusing in my opinion. It shouldn't be the same mechanic for SR as with luxuries.
Spoiler :

What can be confusing due to the vanilla setup is that you can't easily differentiate between resources gifted by CS (which cannot be traded) and your own.

I haven't read all recent posts lately because I've been busy but here is something I noticed my recent game using the V4 public release build.

I captured a militaristic city-state with a longswordsman promoted to Lvl 2 rough terrain bonus (can't remember name of promo, shock or drill). I was given 2 longswordsmen with no promotions (thought they were suppose to be exact copies?) and the visible promotions above the units (flag promotion mod) said one had Accuracy 1 (ranged unit promo) and the other unit also had an incorrect flag promo (can't remember which one tho).

Also, I could be mistaken here, but when I captured a city the pop only decreased by 1, however the worked citizen problem I posted a week or two ago about was fixed. I thought it was suppose to decrease by 2 pop?

Thank you, keep up the good work!

EDIT: The incorrect flag promo problem seems to disappear after loading. And I was incorrect about the captured city pop thing...just captured a city and it decreased by 2 after all. Sorry!

I've got some problems with beta .06. Not sure if it is the game that buggs, I cleared the cache as always (I hope at least :crazyeye:). The display is gone mad to make it short ^^
Here a screenshot, that may explain it better. I'm pretty tired already :sleep:
Spoiler :

Civwillard shows the correct numbers. The infobar above the city does not update. If you shoot at an enemy with your city, that red circle doesn't disappear too.

Maritimes do not want to give me food either.
Oh yes and it would be totally awesome if that tiny little GS lightbulb button would be pressable in the next beta :goodjob:

And please update the description of the liberty/tradition policies. I was totally shocked as I've seen the danger-anarchy screen as I wanted to activate liberty (didn't know it is now exclusive).

Praise to thal for this awesome mod! I hope I am not too annoying with that many bug reportings :D

Attachments

• strange_display.jpg
    strange_display.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 210
This report is from 4.05.

Promotion icons: This has been reported before, but I have a specific example. My cavalry had the upgrades/downgrades of Drill I, Embarkation, Penalty Attacking Cities (25%), No Defensive Bonuses, and Can Move After Attack. The promotion icons above the unit were Drill I, Siege, and Volley.

Tech tree: This may be normal, but I bypassed Rifling and got Replaceable Parts. This seems off since I can now make Infantry and Anti-Tank Guns, which very much uses the technology from Rifling and the tech that gives Artillery (the one after Rifling). I'm going to see just how far I can go without getting those two techs since the world is built of peaceniks. (More on that in the personality thread.)

Livetuner error: Here's the error with a few contextual lines:
Code:
 WhosWinningPopup: Number of dudes to roll from: 7
 WhosWinningPopup: iRand: 6
 WhosWinningPopup: strDudesName: TXT_KEY_DUDE_6
 Runtime Error: [string "Assets/UI/InGame/WorldView/NotificationPane..."]:224: attempt to concatenate local 'name' (a nil value)
 NotificationPanel: Attempt to remove unknown Notification 511
 Emigration: start emigration test
 Emigration: unhappiness updated.. test players:

Tech tree: This may be normal, but I bypassed Rifling and got Replaceable Parts. This seems off since I can now make Infantry and Anti-Tank Guns, which very much uses the technology from Rifling and the tech that gives Artillery (the one after Rifling). I'm going to see just how far I can go without getting those two techs since the world is built of peaceniks. (More on that in the Diplomacy thread.)

This is not a bug.

If a city generates 10:c5culture: and requires 10 for a border expansion, as a puppet state it generates 5:c5culture: and requires 5 for a border expansion. Half culture but same expansion rate.

I've noticed the flag promotions bug now too. The problem is if I save a game where the promotion display is bugged and re-load it, promotions all appear correctly! So I can't change code and reload to narrow down where the error might be. I've looked over the code twice now but haven't figured out what might be the problem.

The tuner is generally very useful, but won't help for this particular bug. If I enable the debug output, there will be hundreds of lines from all the units on the map that are working correctly, swamping a few lines of where the error might be. It'd be a needle in a haystack. I'll keep trying to find the problem, though. :)

I haven't updated the tooltips for maritime city-states yet. I've been focusing on getting the gameplay itself to work first.

Those numbers on the strategic resource display are an error. It should actually be showing how many are used and how many are extra, with the 'extra' amount displayed on the main toolbar. This should be easy to fix, thank you for pointing out the error, this is what beta testing's for. :goodjob:

I'm not sure why the city banner wouldn't match the civwillard numbers, I checked and they do match in my current game. What other circumstances are involved in that last screenshot?

I found and fixed a bug with the maritime code that prevented 'friend' status ones from giving food, should be working for the next beta update.

I'm not sure why the great scientist lightbulb button disappeared again. I sure have been having a lot of trouble with that! I never change that part of the code yet it keeps breaking. :crazyeye:

Liberty and Tradition should not be mutually exclusive, that's an error. I experimented with it a bit but decided I didn't want to pursue the idea further, and simply forgot to remove it. Thank you for pointing that bug out, I've fixed it.

Keep the bug reports coming, it's really helpful! :D

That error in livetuner involves NotificationPanel.lua, a file I do not alter or include in B-Combined, so it's a bug with another mod. Probably the Emigration mod since other output appears near it.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.
Ah yes I should have delayed that post until this morning ^^
Thal already got it. I was saying, that Tradition and Liberty were "not compatible", like Piety and Rationalism. But that info was missing in the tooltip/description. Anyway it's obsolete now.

If a city generates 10:c5culture: and requires 10 for a border expansion, as a puppet state it generates 5:c5culture: and requires 5 for a border expansion. Half culture but same expansion rate.
Ah thank you, makes sense :)

I'm not sure why the city banner wouldn't match the civwillard numbers, I checked and they do match in my current game. What other circumstances are involved in that last screenshot?
The only difference was, that I created a game with Teams (4vs4) and of course updated your mod.
This error was not consistent, sometimes it worked and sometimes that city banner was not updated. For example after ordering a new construction task, the icon on the right stayed empty (sometimes :crazyeye:). Enter/exit the city screen fixed the numbers.
I know that is not really helpful and may be highly random, maybe I forgot to clear the cache this time. I will see if I can reproduce that phenomenon.

EDIT: Is the Tech Diffusion mod now compatible or going to be integrated into BC? I thought I have seen you mentioning something about it somewhere, some time ago... ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom