Beta & Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one place where checking the tuner output would be helpful... might be some error messages showing up that are preventing the city banner from updating properly.

==========
Hmm... this is annoying, it appears the notification displaying how much food a Maritime gives is done in the c++ side of things. I can change the text, but the text is used nowhere in the Lua files we have access to.

The reason this is a problem is it reads the old values and outputs using this string:

{1_NumFood}:c5food:in :c5capital: Capital, {2_NumCitiesFood}:c5food:in all other Cities

The parts in {} the code fills in with numbers. I can change the text to have the new values hardcoded as shown below, but it's a frustrating solution because it won't customize itself to the player's current friendship level. Oh well... it's not perfect, but it works.

2:c5food: (5 when Allied) split among your largest 5 Cities.

I was playing 4.06 beta as Catherine on Quick speed, and some technologies that I started to research many times progressed unusually, even sometimes with the research tab saying -1 turns left.

Tech Diffusion was combined with declarations of friendship in v4.04 beta, giving a passive research bonus to friendship that slightly favors less-advanced civs. :)

There's a vanilla game bug for displaying overflow of research from one tech to another. I tried to fix it but it sounds like I didn't succeed (the code they use for it is scattered around a half dozen files). For a tech with -1 turns, what is displayed for the tech's current & required :c5science:? (like... 200 completed, 300 needed for the technology)

Minor: I noticed that the TopPanel research text (turns until) is different that the vanilla UI research display (the one that you can overlap in the upper-right corner that has a big circle of the research and text indicating how many turns until it completes). Usually the vanilla UI is 1-turn behind the TopPanel, but the converge at 1-turn remaining. (I need to watch and see which is right, and which is wrong. I think the TopPanel is right.)

It might be fixed in recent betas. I redid some parts of the "tech panel" (internal name of that UI element) to add the science-per-turn bonus to Declarations of Friendship.

Hello

I am not sure what is happening here with my latest game using beta build 4.06 BUT not using any of the balance type mods, just the unofficial patch and Civwillard, InfoAddict, City-State Diplomacy Mod 2.9.1 (v 10) etc...

Screen one...

the above shows that no screen icons etc to be shown. All is well.

screen two...

then I select unit icons to show and that is ok but then unit promotions is then selected and I also get the yields displayed but only in my territory when a turn is taken.

screen 3...

then I select the yields to display and then I get the yields to show all over the map, you can now see them showing in the Indian controlled region.

I will try deleting the game cache and reselect the mods etc to see if that helps.

Did the above, re game cache, but still the issue seems to occur. All I would like is to have the Unit and promotion icons and no other displayed.

<groan>

how am I ever going to win the game at King difficulty if I can't even get the settings right.? ! :blush:

goes back to conquering my little world now. I will leave the universe until tomorrow

I am getting a bug with the version I downloaded today. When I end turn and the AIs try to do deals with me the trade windows get totally borked. Specifically sometimes the trade I did with another AI many turns ago appears in the window and I can't remove the lines of stuff normally, though I can add new things in. When this is happening they won't accept deals normally and I have to hit ESC to get out of the window. It also swaps back and forth between which AI I am dealing with during AI negotiations too. Sometimes after I ESC out of this mess I have signed deals, sometimes not, and it is all very bizarre.

When I initiate trade deals it seems to work fine, so I have only seen this on the AIs turn.

I find a typo bug in v4.08 beta about maritime city-state food bonus,
the live tuner report an error
"Runtime Error: [string "Documents\My Games\Sid Mei..."]:348: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'MARITIME_FOOD_FRIEND' (a nil value)".

It's in "\Unofficial Patch\UP_General.lua" line 348,
which access GameDefines["MARITIME_FOOD_FRIEND"],

but in "\Unofficial Patch\UP - General.xml" line 13,
the row is named <Row Name="MARITIME_FOOD_FRIENDSHIP">.:confused:

In my testing, the bug seems to cause city gets no food form maritime city-state.

I was playing 4.08 this morning and also had the AI request problem. They would present something (luxury trade, open borders, etc.), I would click Accept, and then it just stayed on the leader screen with the pointer icon spinning. Pressing escape would take me to a different leader in some frozen pose thanking me for the deal. When it was my turn again, deal history showed that no deal went through. Refusing works fine.

It appears food from maritime is only displaying in the UI. It doesn't actually get to the city. I had one city and one maritime ally, which should give me +8 food. When my city showed +7 food I got the starving notification. The detailed food display showed the incoming food from CS, but it was not included in the final equation. When I lost the maritime ally the growth number on the city label did not change and opening the city brought up the usual chrome, but all of the content and numbers were missing. Getting the maritime ally back fixed this.

I also saw the tech widget and tree show -3 turns until tech completed. Next turn it was completed. And I saw completely wrong promotions above the units, like land units having sea promotions (I know you're working on this).

If we have a new method to get more beakers then I think the tech tree needs to slow down sometime after Philosophy. Siam entered the Modern Era in 1640 AD. He completed the Manhattan project shortly after. In 1650 I had 41 beakers from my one city and 88 beakers from my friends (and 91 from my CS allies).

I chose the policy that should give me 1.5g per citizen in my capital. The detailed gold displayed showed "13 extra gold from Population". My population was 13.

I'll try and figure out what the AI request issue might be.

Maritime bug should be fixed in 4.09.

Tech tree, I'll keep an eye out for the problem.

On the topic of 1.5g per citizen, was it just the city-view display that's messed up? In other words, does the city tile itself show ~20:c5gold: on the map?

Hello Thal

Using build 9 could you tell me why some of my cities are showing this...

until their expected growth time and yet other cities are showing correctly..?

If I need to provide any other information then please just ask :)

I note this within Live tuner...

File Error: BuildingEffects.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading BuildingEffects.lua.
File Error: Emigration.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading Emigration.lua.
File Error: ModList.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading ModList.lua.
File Error: ScriptDataManager.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading ScriptDataManager.lua.
File Error: StringUtils.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading StringUtils.lua.
File Error: TechDiffusion.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading TechDiffusion.lua.
File Error: TreeGrowth.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading TreeGrowth.lua.
File Error: TurnSwitcher.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading TurnSwitcher.lua.
File Error: UnitOverview.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading UnitOverview.lua.
File Error: liberationboost.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading liberationboost.lua.

Just using the Unofficial patch aspects of your mod in this game.

I also see these...

File Error: D:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Thals Balance Mods - Combined (v 4)\Balance - City Development\BCD - General.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading D:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Thals Balance Mods - Combined (v 4)\Balance - City Development\BCD - General.lua.
File Error: D:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Thals Balance Mods - Combined (v 4)\Balance - Combat\BC - General.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading D:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Thals Balance Mods - Combined (v 4)\Balance - Combat\BC - General.lua.
File Error: D:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Thals Balance Mods - Combined (v 4)\Balance - Combat\Notifications\CombatNotifications.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading D:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Thals Balance Mods - Combined (v 4)\Balance - Combat\Notifications\CombatNotifications.lua.
File Error: D:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Thals Balance Mods - Combined (v 4)\Balance - Policies\BP - Script.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading D:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Thals Balance Mods - Combined (v 4)\Balance - Policies\BP - Script.lua.

but assume that those relate to only using the Unofficial patch module..?

Don't worry about "error loading file" messages if you don't have the mod installed it's referring to. I tell it to load these things even if they're not there, and if the file is not found, it moves on without trouble.

Some questions to help me isolate the problem you encountered:

1. What's the food surplus of that city?
  2. Are you friends/allies with a maritime city-state?
  3. Is the city receiving a maritime bonus?

Point 1 that you made lead me to look at those cities where they were displaying such a symbol as #INF and noticed that the food they were producing was less than 1, like 0.25, 0.75 etc. As I had purposely changed the allocation of citizens to cap their growth I then amended that so that the food surplus was at least 1 and then the value changed to show the correct city growth.

Would it be possible, if such a condition occurs, for it to show something other than #INF..............?

Was this in "unhappy" empire status? That would explain why I didn't catch the error before, I didn't test surplus food values between 0 and 1.

Tracking the problem down, I seem to have found the issue. In the code this is how Firaxis did things:

Turns remaining = (required - current food) / FoodDifference

If FoodDifferenceTimes100 == 0 then show "-" symbol instead of turns remaining.
FoodDifference is 0 but FoodDifferenceTimes100 is not 0! It looks like Firaxis returns an integer that gets truncated... a rather careless problem I cannot solve directly.

However, I can avoid the use of the bugged function to work around the problem. Thank you for helping me find this issue. :)

Yes my empire is at the stage of "2 unhappy" that is one reason I had capped growth in certain cities.

Thank you for your tireless work in what you continue to do with this game. As always it is most appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom