Betrayal - Punishable Offence

Goonie

Lonely End of the Rink
I would like betrayal, treason to become a punishable offence. Someone has been giving Apolyton secrets, and when we find out who it is, I believe they should be punished.

For example:

Somehow Apolyton knew about Oct getting beef for warning them about that intelligence. How did they know we were divided? An insider must of told them. We do not want them to know about our in-fighting, that is why we need to punish the perpetrator so that he/she does not give away information again.

I believe that someone should post their proof in the Judicial thread. The Judicial officer then creates a thread where A Guilty/Non-guilty poll is posted. Both sides debate in this thread and the citizens vote. Then the judicial officer creats another thread if the citizen is found guilty. This thread will be the sentencing thread where the punishements range from Impeachement to exile...

I believe this will keep peoples mouths shut and stop making us look weak infront of other teams.

Goonie (hmm, this sounds familar) - do you have any proof? What things have you seen?

As the Justice of the Court (for how much longer?), I do not forsee any legal qualms against this. Hell, it'll give the future Justice something to do.

Do not blame Oct. This is all my fault. I told them about this during the Poly chat by PCMW. I saw Goonie's reactions to what Oct said, and I wanted to forewarn them about it, just to make sure that relations weren't soured by what Goonie had to say. I went too far after they questioned me about this further, and I gave too much information about our internal affairs. I will now take a hard look at the Constitution. If I find that I violated the Constitution, I will plead guilty immediately and leave myself to the mercy of the people. If there was no violation, I will defend myself on those grounds and resign as unofficial JA.

BTW, I will now self-impose a ban on Poly chats for myself, and will not attend any for the next month.

That is all.

"<Goonie> If you understand your mistakes
<Goonie> And you wouldn't do it again thats fine :D"

I thank Boots for coming foward. I wish he had had a little more fatih in my. Now Apolyton will see me as the devil, but whatever, I have been called much worse. I still think this should become a law though.

Oh, and BTW I already knew it wasn't Oct. I wasn't blaming him.

I think we should get our heads on straight and think about what we can do now. This current arguement is pointless, and only hurts the nation. The Foreign Ministry was very strong last term, and I just won't let it go down the drain like this.

edit: saw Goonie come around

good:goodjob:

Thank you for stepping forward, Boots.

However, I really don't think it was a bad idea to warn Apolyton about the maelstrom heading their way. Now more than ever, we need to preserve the good relations we have so delicately strived to maintain.

But you should have left it at that, Boots. I would have to look at our laws to see what, if anything, you would be liable for.

BTW, is there any way to get a transcript of these chats? I feel that if we are electing people to speak on our behalf, we should at least be able to stay informed of the proceedings.

Wow wow. I am hurt. Maelstorm?

I posted the chat log.

How am I maelstorm? I simply went to go tell them off our proposal!?! I am truly hurt. I was very cordial and polite. Go read the log!

@Zarn- I am suggesting this law so that other nations only have one fountain of information! The FA departement. Do we really want nations getting conflicting messages from us? This law is here to stop that.

I am sorry if you are hurt, Goonie, and I know you mean well...... but the fact of the matter is that we can't have relationships damaged with Apolyton right now.

I haven't read the entire log yet, but from the small part I read it looks like there are already a few people from Poly that are put off by the way you are handling this.

Please, for the good of the nation, bring it down a notch or we are in deep trouble.

The main reason that I said that is that I noticed that Goonie (and not only him) got angry at minor revelations of intelligence by Oct that could cause only small problems at the most, and seemed to be very apprehensive when discussing Apolyton. I warned a member of Apolyton before the chat even started not to have relations sour because of anything that happened in the chat, just as a precaution, because a degradation of relations between ourselves and Poly would be about the worst thing that could happen at the moment. However, I do acknowledge (as posted above) that I did go too far in telling them of our internal situation. Goonie did conduct the chat fairly well, but I was afraid that we were appearing to be making an unreasonable request of Poly, which is why I said what I said toward the end of the chat, about us probably being satisfied with the original proposal.

Originally posted by Octavian X
This matter does bring up the question of how we can remove citizens from elected office. IIRC, we don't have any measures in the constitution to allow for that.

Well, I just read the chat log that you provided and all I can say is I have been wondering that myself, for entirely different reasons. :mad: The behavior of our incoming Apolytonian ambassador is an outrage. Boots, you are being way too kind....we should not stand for this.

From here on out, I demand to see a transcript for each chat that takes place with Apolyton, so that the citizenry may monitor any further talks.

We do, in fact, have a way to unseat an elected official, though it is not by Judicial means:

Article N.1: If any citizen is discontent with the way an office is carrying out it's duties, he may request that the official executing the duties of that office be removed. If two more citizens second the request for removal, the request becomes a demand, and the Minister/President/Vice President/Chief Justice must post a poll lasting two days on the furutre of the office in question. If a simple majority votes in favor of removal, the official executing the duties of that office is removed.

Thank you, Boots. Now what do we do about a citizen who is already acting in the capacity of a position he doesn't even hold yet? ;)

For now, I will stand by and see how things develop. Thanks for the info. :)

Top Bottom