Better Ship Scale

Could you be a little more especific? :)

Here are the instructions:

For Basic and Fleets: Put the file in the CustomAssets folder in My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4, and then extract it.

For Basic and Fleets Warlords: Put the file in the CustomAssets folder in My Games\Warlords and then extract it.

Hope it helps!

It is extracted and it is in the coustom assets folder. Do I need to put any of the files in a diffren folder in the coustom assets?:confused:

Nope. When the zip is the custom assets, just extract there. It will extract the files to the corresponding folders.

Check the folder CustomAssets\xml\art. There should be a file called CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

If it´s there, the mod is installed. ;)

BTW, which version are you using?

Hope it helps!

Nope. When the zip is the custom assets, just extract there. It will extract the files to the corresponding folders.

Check the folder CustomAssets\xml\art. There should be a file called CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

If it´s there, the mod is installed. ;)

BTW, which version are you using?

Hope it helps!

I looked into the art folder under XML in custom assets and it wasn't there so I found it and moved it there. I am using fleets v1.3. I saw some other files in the extracted folder under the folder names of audio and units then I checked in the XML folders and they were not there. Do I need to move them too?:) Also I just played and the galleys look smaller thanks.

I saw some other files in the extracted folder under the folder names of audio and units then I checked in the XML folders and they were not there. Do I need to move them too?

Yeah, in the fleets version those files are for the fleets and for reducing the sound of three ships moving at the same time. Right now I guess that you are only seeing one galley, when you should be seeing three. :)

One question, tough. Why weren´t the files there? I arraged the zip in a way that when you extract it inside the CustomAssets folder it follows the same directory estructure. Anyway, I´m glad that you figured it out and have the mod working. Enjoy! :D

I've been using this in the past couple of weeks (along with the Better AI mod) and I have to say this is a sheer stroke of genius, Elhoim. Well done!

We should start a petition to Firaxis to formally adopt this with the next expansion. :)

Wodan

I've been using this in the past couple of weeks (along with the Better AI mod) and I have to say this is a sheer stroke of genius, Elhoim. Well done!

We should start a petition to Firaxis to formally adopt this with the next expansion. :)

Wodan

:lol:

Thanks! I don´t think I´m a genius, just a master of simplicity. :)

About the petition, let´s first get their attention with the flavor one :p

What, exactly, is wrong with scaling of land units? I haven't, frankly, had anything jump out at me.

Wodan

Tried this last night. Very nice!

Any thoughts to doing a "better Army scaling"?

Check the regiments mod. Perhaps that´s what you seek. :)

ho does this work. I downloaded it and put it in the right folder.

I started up warlords and loaded up my game. The ship scale was fixed, caravels, galleons have 3 units instead of one. ALl thats tsuff works, except how doe sthe fleet feature work. I just sent over a huge armada over to the next continent, and well having a fleet would've made everything much cooler.

First, welcome to CFC! :D

Second, the "fleets" change is cosmetical. The difference with the normal versions is that you have three ships in each unit instead of one. That is all there is to it. :)

First, welcome to CFC! :D

Second, the "fleets" change is cosmetical. The difference with the normal versions is that you have three ships in each unit instead of one. That is all there is to it. :)

ohhh. From the pictures I thought that it actually looked like a fleet, my bad.

@ Elhoim

First of all: Great Work!!! Thanks for that!

Do you have the possibility to make the new ship scales for BTS? I don´t think that your mod (for Warlords) is working for Beyond the Sword, right?
That would be great.....:king:

Yes, I will be doing a BTS version, but it will take a while. I'm very busy right now. :)

If you can pull it out without taken other BUG code with ya, go ahead. Wouldn't want them getting power ratings in their score, or attitude icons, if they don't want 'em.;)

Top Bottom