Beyond Earth Factions

Nice! In the concept, Daoming looks like someone's Mom... but not so much in the actual model. :D

:lol: That's true.

I really liked these models, except for Kavitha. She seems to be a nice Indian girl, while in the concept she seems to be a cold and controlling, yet pious woman. Reminds me of GoT's Melissandre.

Hopefully that isn't NDA spoilery.

Barre looks awesome, if not a bit cliche. Daoming seems to have a drunk Lena Heady/Cersei thing about her.

Also interesting is that the Chinese forum mentioned that Polystralia = Indonesia + Australia. That is an awesome union. With sea levels rising. I can easily see a mass migration of pacific islanders and Southeast Asians flocking to Australia. I mean, I reckon it'll take a good hundred years to repair our relationship with Indonesia seeing as the current government is doing the whole diplomatic equivalent of leaving a bag of flaming dog poo on their door step and then running away - but in the future when land is a vital commodity (and assuming we can give Australia an inland sea.... Well let's just say that these lines from the national anthem perfectly:

"For those who've come across the seas, we've boundless plains to share".

Interesting new images. Compared to earlier concept art, Daoming looks younger, Samatar older and Suzanne whiter. :p

I like the concept art better.

Kavitha looks too nice now and Sochua looks too angry.

The only one who looks well adjusted is the African leader.

Fieldings was also better in the concept art.

It should be evident facial expressions won't be fixed and constant. Haven't been since Civ3. Daoming won't always look angry, nor Samatar always warm and welcoming. :rolleyes:

It all depends on your relations with their faction.

I bet Daoming just learned of the changes some game programmer was about to implement on her command.;)

Wasn't a supposedly big deal in Civ5 that the leaders had dynamic facial expressions so you can tell how they were feeling? So I'm gonna hazard a guess that we're seeing just one emotional state per leader, of many that are available.

Anyway, Commonwealth seems to be very improbable - remember, London is under water :(

No that I don't doubt that a new British Empire is pretty stupid, but there is more to Britain than just London :rolleyes:.

And remember London isn't actually on the coast, just on a major river. Places like Manhattan and Rio seem to have survived the sea level rise that everyone's assumed has happened, despite being far more exposed than London.

I bet Daoming just learned of the changes some game programmer was about to implement on her command.;)

I bet she's about to say "Ah, the bloodthirsty one shows his face! We're talking about you; bad things only, I assure".

Wasn't a supposedly big deal in Civ5 that the leaders had dynamic facial expressions so you can tell how they were feeling? So I'm gonna hazard a guess that we're seeing just one emotional state per leader, of many that are available.
That's been the case for Civ4 and even Civ3 as well.

And remember London isn't actually on the coast, just on a major river. Places like Manhattan and Rio seem to have survived the sea level rise that everyone's assumed has happened, despite being far more exposed than London.
Being coastal or not doesn't mean much. London is barely 9 metres above sea level. But yeah, from the trailer it's hard to predict which places would be underwater. The water around the Pyramids, which looks pretty shallow as it is, could've come from local flooding, say, from an overflowing Nile river. There's almost no evidence to support the idea of sea level rise in CivBE's time period.

I'm really anxious to see Bolivar, or whatever is Brazil's leader name, to see if they really went ahead with the whole personality cult, Bolivarian iconography or the name is just a coincidence.

Lets see if we get to see this guy using a retrofuturistic attire ridden with medals and those trendy 19th century marching clothes.

Hopefully his image alone will give us some hints on whether Brazil really expanded into Spanish-speaking America or not. If they really go for the Bolivarian-inspired route, and the name isn't a mere coincidence, then it's a given.

Interesting new images. Compared to earlier concept art, Daoming looks younger, Samatar older and Suzanne whiter. :p

Several mentions in this thread noted she was African American, however:

After a quick talk with the leader of the ARC civilization, Suzanne Fielding (who greets us with a spanish "hola"), the demo ends.

Having someone with a clearly non-latin surname speaking Spanish can't be an accident. It's a brave and perhaps prescient view of how things may change in 250 years. I like much of what I'm seeing with the Civs.

Either a) her father was Hispanic, b) Spanish is a major language in the Americas, or c) (which is both most exciting and unrealistic) the greeting is based on who you're playing (e.g. Brazilia or Franco-iberia netting a Hola)

They did something in that vein for The Matrix movies. Most of Zion's population is ethnically mixed, and while some people might get riled by that, it's not implausible.

Kavitha looks fatter... :shake:

Or how in Firefly they swear in Chinese.

Great now I'm thinking about Firefly again. Thanks for making me cry.

Top Bottom