Beyond the future

ArbogLi

Chieftain
Hi everybody! Today I bring you the adaptation of "Beyond the future", I started couple of weeks ago and is a new and more advanced Future Era with new technologies, buildigns, wonders and units but now adapted for the expansion Gods 'n' Kings.

[NEW] You can download from civfanatics too: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20788

The name to find is "Beyond the future" in Steam and suggestions, etc. are welcome. I'll try to keep improving the missing points like descriptions of units, tech and buildings.

Oh, and a little call for help: (I'm not so good with "artistic" things)
- 3D untis for the mod, I'm really bad with the 3D modeling
- Flag icons for the new units

In this mod the players will be able to experiment into a larger 'Future Era' with new technologies, buildings, resources, wonders and units. Requires Gods and Kings expansion pack.

New features:
- Buildings
· Oil Refinery (consume 1 oil and give more production)
· Biofuel Refinery (consume food and provide Oil)
· High-Tech Store (give more happiness)
- National Wonders
· Apollo Program now is a National Wonder, give more science
· Moon Base, require the Apollo Program to be build. Increase the science and give 5 Uranium.
· Supercomputing Centre, increase the science in the city where is built.
- Wonders
· Super Large Hadron Collider, more science and a free Research lab in the city.
- Projects
· Mars Mission, the same as the old Apollo Program, necessary to reach the Scientific Victory.
- Resources
· Titanium
- Units
· Orbital Ballistic Missile (Nuke)
· Advanced Mechanized Infantry (Req. Titanium)
· Unmanned Air Vehicle (Req. Titanium) - Unit made by Ekmek
· Railgun Destroyer
· Railgun Armor (Req. Titanium)
- New techs
· Miniaturization
· Orbital Flight
· Grid Computing
· Space Mining
· Artificial Intelligence
· Nanomaterials
· High Tem. Superconductivity
· Intelligen Machines

To do: HELP Required!!: (I'm not so good with 'artistic' things)
- The new future units, I'm really bad with the 3D modelling so I need someone who can do and adapt it for Civ V (Advanced Mechanized Infantry , Railgun Destroyer and Railgun Armor)

Special mention:
- New Bonus Resources (CCTP Teaser) guys for the Titanium graphics
- framedarchitecture for Resources Expanded what used as reference to add Titanium
- UAV by Ekmek - http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=21124
- Descriptions, etc. from Wikipedia various articles.

Hi ArbogLi!

From the description it seems like an excellent mod. I would like to cooperate with you in creating my own Civilization Universalis mod. I plan on extending the games timeframe far into the future, so your future era stuff could quite well be included and even more could be added, so if you have ideas for future stuff then bring your ideas on-board. Currently I am doing .xml editing for the mod myself and I will post my files for all to see as I finish them, so everyone can see what I have in mind.

Cheers, and well done with the mod! :)

this looks great, i havent fully played a game to the end with it. in tech tree under "High Tem. Superconductivity" there are 2 units, railgun armor and railgun destroyer. but only one (railgun armor) needs titanium resource to build, so you don't need titanium to build the destroyer?

thnx

Hey Arbog!

Getting ready to do some playthroughs using your mod - i'm excited! I'll let you know what I think after I finish some games.

Updated to versión 13, sorry for being offline long time, I didn't have time to maintain the mod properly.

- UAV model added
- Varios minos errors solved
- All missing texts added.

Available at Stam workshop or in Civfanatics download section the latest version.

many thanks to ArbogLi for taking the time to mod this

p/s: is it compatible with Brave New World?

many thanks to ArbogLi for taking the time to mod this

p/s: is it compatible with Brave New World?

Should be, I'm testing and another player do it and it worked for him, the game just modify the information era (and just add a couple of building in previous eras), so it should be fine. Anyway, I'll keep testing before I say "it works on BNW".

Works wonderfully well with G&K and BNW. Except for the few graphics you mentioned which still aren't fully worked out yet.

And can you find someone to make a new graphiuc for both the Carrier and Battleship? They both look dreadful, especially the Battleship which doesn't even remotely look like a naval unit with its tiny cannons and wooden deck.

Overall this is a wonderfull mod for which you have my sincere thanks and appreciation.

This doesn't seem to work very well in BNW, at least not for me.

Some parts works fine, I get the titanium resource for example. However, the techtree does not work, I am not able to scroll it to the right so I can only see ancient era and classical era, and on the latter the header is in the middle of the tree. I figured I would try the mod anyway and see what happens later on. When I reach the information era I am not able to research more than the first row of techs (telecommunications, robotics and so on) and after that the popup window for next tech to research is empty, and I cannot continue the game since I have to choose a tech to research, but there are none there...

it hasn't worked in ages i'm afraid

It works for me, (at least I can continue to play with it) but the names of the techs, buidings, Units and resources always come with "TEX_KEY_TECH_" in the begining of it. Anyone knows how to solve this?

It works for me, (at least I can continue to play with it) but the names of the techs, buidings, Units and resources always come with "TEX_KEY_TECH_" in the begining of it. Anyone knows how to solve this?

I have the same problems. Anyway, I made some tests and found out that it is not cooperating with some other mods. In my case I get the "TEXT_KEY_TECH_" label when I use it together with the useful Oil mod. So when you want to use the Beyond the Future Mod you have to test if it works with your other mods.
The Beyond the Future mod works fine even with the newest Version of Civ5 BNW (I have all dlc's). However it works not with all Mods.

I have the same problems. Anyway, I made some tests and found out that it is not cooperating with some other mods. In my case I get the "TEXT_KEY_TECH_" label when I use it together with the useful Oil mod.

That m ust be it, I have no many mods that sometimes I just forgot to check compatibility with all of them. Thanks.:)

Still works for me. Except that the Railgun Destroyer looks like a regular Battleship and neither my Battleships or Railgun Destroyers have sound or any sign of obus impact (cannons move but targets just disappear after 15 seconds of silence). Railgun Tanks also look like regular Modern Armor and also lost sound and explosion animation.
Any news on an update for this mod?

Top Bottom