Beyond the Sword Editor

Kael

Deity
For those with Excel you are more than welcome to use the editor I use for Fall from Heaven. At this point it is all clean (it doesn't have any FfH attributes in it) and converted to BtS so it should be ideal for anyone working on a large scale BtS project.

This is currently a blank spreadsheet just waiting for data to be entered. Its fairly easy to use. Just enter the data int he fields and press the export in the upper left hand corner and it creates the xml file for you.

It can currently create the following files:

[TAB]GlobalDefines.xml
[TAB]CIV4BonusInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4CivicInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4EventInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4EventTriggers.xml
[TAB]CIV4HandicapInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4PromotionInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4TechInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4UnitInfos.xml
[TAB]CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

Where possible list boxes are implemented to make it easy to select a building for the prereqBuilding on units and such.

If you put the spreadsheet in the root directory for your mod it will create all fo the xml files in the appropriate directory. You will have to change the path in the VBS scripts of you want it to create them in another location (say you want to use create smaller files for modular xml loading).

Download it here:
[tab]Original version: Beyond the Sword Editor 1.0
[tab]ddrekins updated version: Beyond the Sword Editor 1.1

If you want an example of what one looks like filled in check out the following:

Fall from Heaven Editor

ps. I can't promise a ton of support on this. I stay busy enough with FfH, but I wanted to make it available if anyone else wanted to use it.

Thanks soo much, I was planning a huge mod for warlords back in april but decided to wait for BtS.:crazyeye:

This will be extremely helpful.

The download links aren't working for me. Are the links broken?

Whooo!

Finally an faster way to mod without going through the murky and slow marshes of XML.
BTS has made modding easy, and you are a big contributor to that Kael!
Thanks a lot!:worship: :worship: :worship:

you did very well of doing such an editor but i cannot find how to export
I run it into "works spreadsheat" (I don't own Excel)
Could I do something with it or do i really need excel?
Thanks by advance

you did very well of doing such an editor but i cannot find how to export
I run it into "works spreadsheat" (I don't own Excel)
Could I do something with it or do i really need excel?
Thanks by advance

I think you need excel, I used visual basic to code the pieces that write the xml. It comes with excel but I dont think you can use VB macros with works.

Allow Me to create a PDF version in which it is printable?

I prefer to read off a Paper copy then to continually come back to the website to read it.

I finally got a 2months license to use excel,tried your editor (you left some FFH stuff in it,btw)and it's really very nice,thanks for doing that for us :)

Interesting, but I am a little confused. First, you said that it was clean, but it appears that many of the keys listed are from FfH. Second, I am uncertain as to how to use this. Do you have to put all of the data in there individually or is there a way to import... then edit... the data from the core files.

I'm a little unclear about what you were saying about putting it in a mod folder. I have tampered with modding in Civ IV and I understand the XML enough, but I am a bit more confused now.

Interesting, but I am a little confused. First, you said that it was clean, but it appears that many of the keys listed are from FfH. Second, I am uncertain as to how to use this. Do you have to put all of the data in there individually or is there a way to import... then edit... the data from the core files.

I'm a little unclear about what you were saying about putting it in a mod folder. I have tampered with modding in Civ IV and I understand the XML enough, but I am a bit more confused now.

I am currently working on adding and import functionality as well as adding more xml files that it works with. I am hoping to be finished sometime next week(would have been finished this week but I keep getting distracted with playing BtS instead:mischief: )

Hey Kael the number in 1,b is the amount of techs you want printed correct?

@ Matthewv
Funny how that works isn't it?

I am currently working on adding and import functionality as well as adding more xml files that it works with. I am hoping to be finished sometime next week(would have been finished this week but I keep getting distracted with playing BtS instead:mischief: )

I'll be watching...:huh:

Hey Kael the number in 1,b is the amount of techs you want printed correct?

Yes, thats correct. Every object needs the 1 at the end of its listing to increase the counter so the vb macro will know how many columns to spin through.

@matthewv: that would be awesome. I was secretly hoping someone would fill in the default BtS data, but an import script would be even better. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

How can I look at and edit the code for the export buttons? I would like to try and make some changes if thats ok.

Top Bottom