BFTTree - Multiple Page Tech Tree

That would rock!

Pretty sure I am keeping with the 5 trees. Most likely won't use the default again. Might use the Civ Specific trees, but that is way in the future.

So this sounds like it would work perfectly. :)

If you had the buttons like in pic 2, could there be one for Civilization-specific that changes between civs? i.e. the German tree has the Iron Cross logo, but the English tree has the crown logo?

Pretty good idea. American Icon being an Eagle with Arrows in one claw and Olive Branch in the other.

I would put a placeholder tech in each Civ's personal tech tree just to make cool icons like that show up. :)

I really like the art style of the current tech cat icons. Did you make those yourself, or do you have a good source for them? And I just noticed there are bubbles floating in them, which seems specially made.

FiresForever, would it be possible to add some code to the TechTree.lua?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=388395

Supposed to fix the pipe breakage BS.

If you can't, that is fine. :) I don't know if this would mess with the current code or be a significant amount of work to merge.

Pretty good idea. American Icon being an Eagle with Arrows in one claw and Olive Branch in the other.

I would put a placeholder tech in each Civ's personal tech tree just to make cool icons like that show up. :)

I really like the art style of the current tech cat icons. Did you make those yourself, or do you have a good source for them? And I just noticed there are bubbles floating in them, which seems specially made.

I was meaning the Icon would be the icon for the civ, so America would be the Shield.

If you had the buttons like in pic 2, could there be one for Civilization-specific that changes between civs? i.e. the German tree has the Iron Cross logo, but the English tree has the crown logo?

That can be done very easily, now i said that it will probably end up being incredibly difficult ;)

FiresForever, would it be possible to add some code to the TechTree.lua?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=388395

Supposed to fix the pipe breakage BS.

i will look into it some more but i do not see any problem with adding this fix.

The button art is just icons from the techs, glad u noticed the bubbles :D

That can be done very easily, now i said that it will probably end up being incredibly difficult ;)

i will look into it some more but i do not see any problem with adding this fix.

Great. :)

Not sure if this is from the latest changes you sent me, but have noticed a large increase in load times. Duel map used to load before the first line of dialog about the leader, but now it doesn't load until well after the entire speech is completed. The rest of the game seems to run as fast as ever though.

Also, someone mentioned a new memory leak in the end game. Could be a result of the hotfix for all I know though.

The button art is just icons from the techs, glad u noticed the bubbles :D

Well maybe it is a combination of severe art deprivation and the fact that I never bothered too look too closely at icons that are now exploded in my face... Either way I like them. :)

Btw, do you by chance know of any way to reduce some of the instabilities caused by techs with 200k+ beaker costs? They either finish in one turn, or they crash the game... And increasing the tech tree width by 5 techs has put me way back up into the stratosphere with tech costs, using my old formula. I can create a new formula, but it will likely create some really big bumps at the era borders.... :p

Btw, do you by chance know of any way to reduce some of the instabilities caused by techs with 200k+ beaker costs? They either finish in one turn, or they crash the game... And increasing the tech tree width by 5 techs has put me way back up into the stratosphere with tech costs, using my old formula. I can create a new formula, but it will likely create some really big bumps at the era borders.... :p

I got no idea on a quick fix for this one :(

So I ghetto rigged the Palace to drop empire research by 50% and then subsequently decreased costs of techs by 50%, in addition to a new formula. Should put the marathoner's at around 150k for the X=33 tech.

Now to see how it holds up to testers... :p

Not sure if this is from the latest changes you sent me, but have noticed a large increase in load times. Duel map used to load before the first line of dialog about the leader, but now it doesn't load until well after the entire speech is completed. The rest of the game seems to run as fast as ever though.

I think this is caused by the pages and the fact the mod has so many techs, at some point in the future i will have to look into a way of optimizing it to account for this, but for now it just means u got time to grab a coffee before starting a new game :D

Also, someone mentioned a new memory leak in the end game. Could be a result of the hotfix for all I know though.

I don't see how the multiple pages could cause this so am guessing, it wasn't me.

Hi, is this project dead? Can it still be uploaded and used for Mods?

Not with the current patch, it broke the multiple tech trees(We use them in CCTP), techbuttoninclude.lua got changed and that as far as I can tell is what breaks the trees.

Damn pity, it's such a good idea! Marketing guys are becoming worse than accountants. They're forever seeing the "Big Picture" and screw up perfectly good technical businesses as all sort of techies try "workarounds" that are far from optimal! I see that a lot in my work which is in industry not computers.

Can anyone imagine if Sid Meyer had these types hovering over him if he'd been succesful with Civ1, Railroad Tycoon and the other early games that started the whole computer game wave? Not on anyones life.

Anyway, vented a bit here and I hope you can figure out a way to permanently fix this problem now that the dll is out. Good luck and pleasant modding. :goodjob:

Top Bottom