1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Bigger maps - Civ4WorldInfo doesn't do anything?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Terxpahseyton, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton Master of Nothing and Everything

Me again, now I have trouble with a task I thought had to be the easiest.
    In Civ4WorldInfo.xml you have the following line for the map type "Huge":
    <iGridWidth>32</iGridWidth>
    <iGridHeight>20</iGridHeight>
    So according to the civ4 modding wiki, those values are a quarter of the respective map size in width and height. So I increased them for FfH2 to get a bigger map.
    But the game just ignores my value changes... Of course I mad sure I really got the right file in the right directory and it really was saved. Have no clue how that happens. :O)

2. black_imperator

black_imperator Chieftain

did you clear your cache first ? that may be part of the cached xml files. ( I know it works on some of the modmods for having used it)

Tielby and Terxpahseyton like this.
  3. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton Master of Nothing and Everything

That did the trick. Thank you :)