1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bio-warfare!!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by TiggerZuke, May 21, 2002.

1. TiggerZuke

TiggerZuke Chieftain

I have noticed (to my misfortune) that disease is a part of the Civ 3 game. Now.. Nuclear missiles destroy units and polute city squares, would it be possible to make a missile unit that causes a disease in a target city?? In Call to Power, with a bio terrorist you could release a virus in a city, and other cities trading with that city had a chance of becoming infected also... Is this even possible in the Civ 3 game? or is it planned to be implemented in the Play the World expansion? I sure hope so.. :scan:

2. andyo

andyo Prince

don't know if it is possible - only way i can even imagin is having a weapon which could triger the "disease" result jungles have on your cities, killing off one citizen- if anyone can do it - the customizers here can

3. Carver

Carver King

I read on one of these boards that Firaxis had planned a terrorist unit for Civ3 but events changed their mind. I'm not sure what the capabilities of the unit would be but a terror unit can be quite an equalizer between great and mediocre civs, as was the case with CTP.

4. MrBiggBoy

MrBiggBoy High Admiral

i think a bioweapon would be cool, buyt HUGE rep hit!! acts like cruise missile, but can be loaded onto plane?

5. Knowze Gungk

Knowze Gungk NOT a mushroom

How about a jungle missile that turns the square radius of a city
    into jungle instead of pollution.
    Not very realistic, I know, but it would be usefull, especially against
    huge enemy citys.