Bird Rider

Nomad or What

Wayfarer
Supporter
Bird Rider converted from Chalid's Civ IV unit; uses 8 animations but only 6 are in use in Civ V (Fade In / Fade Out are excluded but remarked in the .fxsxml file).

The .fxsxml file is setup as a Helicopter Gunship; feel free to modify this and the rest of the definitions to suit your needs. Remember to define the ZOffset in the ArtDefines (I am using 40) or it will appear in the ground.

Animations are limited for this unit and there are no additional visual or sound effects provided; only graphics were converted with the expectation that fellow modders could possibly improve upon it.

THANK YOU!!! Here is the template for Dragon Riders, everybody!
Good job as always, Nomad!

Unfortunately you will still need customized animations for a dragon rider, unless you rigged the dragon mesh over the existing bones for this mount and I don't think that would look good at all. Sorry, but we aren't there yet unless someone can create custom animations from scratch. :sad:

I'm pretty sure that a dragon rider would be easy with this, the front legs just wouldn't move much and it would have big wings. It's not like rigging the bones over the mesh force the bones to look like the mesh. The tail can be made smaller.

I'm pretty sure that a dragon rider would be easy with this, the front legs just wouldn't move much and it would have big wings. It's not like rigging the bones over the mesh force the bones to look like the mesh. The tail can be made smaller.

If I have time I will give it a try. Hopefully it won't end up looking like your bear with lion animations... :D

The bear animated perfectly, he just looked funny jumping around agilely with such a fat body. I'll take a swing at the dragon rider tonight.

Ok, I will hold off then - hopefully you get a good-looking unit! The other concern I had for this animation was that the rider was a bit small to scale correctly in Civ V and still be noticeable. If this unit shows some promise I think I can tweak the animations with the rider re-scaled to a (slightly) larger size. I would have to re-scale the appropriate bones and mesh for each .kf file I converted before exporting, but fortunately there are only 6 useable animations for this unit. :whew:

@Nomad or What

have you a Lycan-Unit ? a big bad wolf like in the underworld-movies ?

@Nomad or What

have you a Lycan-Unit ? a big bad wolf like in the underworld-movies ?

What do you think about these?

new Werewolf

Werewolf

If you are interested I can convert one or both of them because I am going to want one too :)

the first one looks good.

thats very interesting !

Top Bottom