BNW Advice needed to make Custom Civs

Hashishim

Prince
Hey guys need help with something

I got a couple of custom civs, Buildings and Units for G+K how do I make them compatible completely with Brave New World? What will be different?

I know the XML has a few changes and certain traits with regards to civs, but iv been looking at other Brave New World mods and they have the followinG:

Dummy Building Tables.sql - Dummy Building IsVisible Set.sql CityView.lua CivilopediaScreen.lua (this is for CIVS)

Are those files important? Or can I just leave them out? Like how I did for G+K
I simply just used XML :s

And for the Units and Buildings what do I have to look out for?

Please advise:D

Hey guys need help with something

I got a couple of custom civs, Buildings and Units for G+K how do I make them compatible completely with Brave New World? What will be different?

I know the XML has a few changes and certain traits with regards to civs, but iv been looking at other Brave New World mods and they have the followinG:

Dummy Building Tables.sql - Dummy Building IsVisible Set.sql CityView.lua CivilopediaScreen.lua (this is for CIVS)

Are those files important? Or can I just leave them out? Like how I did for G+K
I simply just used XML :s

And for the Units and Buildings what do I have to look out for?

Please advise:D

Those files are not important to a BNW civ (but they can be), they are for invisible buildings that can provide a wider variety of Unique abilities than the standard "Traits" XML tables can provide..........They will give the invisible building a certain set of bonuses and call it a trait for the leader, which gives them a more unique trait set than they could have gotten otherwise...... Short version, those are for more advanced modders..........the people like us (that just use XML) we can still get by with only using XML! :), but I know, I will want to start learning lua and sql, just because it does give you many more possibilites

So far the only thing I see that is really different for a civ, is the Leader flavors, they added 5 or 6 that deal with trade routes and airlifting, etc. you can find those on the (leader).xml files in the BNW folders, they start below the espionage entry....

Other than that, they added some tables to the existing xmls that you can put to use, but those are optional (if you want/do not want to add certain bonuses related to the new BNW features)

awesome thanks dude:) can start the modding and the combining :p SQL i did it in campus, but gone rusty :/ lua will be good to learn but not to sure where to start lol anyway thanks for the info:)

Top Bottom