BNW new features are the perfect mechanics for a Civ V Rhye's and Fall.

Ogrelord

Prince
Hello,
this thread is about discussing the possibilities and potential about Rhye's and Fall using the new features of BNW. Okay I am not a programmer, nor do I work with mods so I'm just going throw some ideas.

• World Congress:
    Imagine a Holy Roman Empire, where the host is the Emperor. That kingdom would have extra voting power and low maintenance for fielding a large army. Different modded proposals possibilities in "Holy Roman Empire" Congress are endless.

• Ideology:
    Imagine a Reformation Europe, where the 3 Ideologies are replaced by the 3 version of Christianity; Catholics, Protestants, and Orthodox. I just love the smell of a revolted religious city in the morning.

• Trade Routes:
    Imagine Malacca, or Aceh, the hub of trade in South East Asia. Establishing several Trade Routes to certain part of the World makes for great Historical Victory condition. After all, trade did powered our history.

• Tourism:
    I like to call culture, cultural heritage, and tourism, cultural influence. But it doesn't have to be about culture. Maybe, with using Rhye's and Fall terms, it could be some sort of negative stability modifier against Civilizations who are different from you.

aight, there are still Civs left I haven't won yet in Sword of Islam. Back to Civ IV for a bit.

Well, I'm sure this message has been said many times, but:
Unfortunately, Rhye's and Fall of Civilization is no longer in active production. You are welcome to try and mod on your own to add these ideas or to try and have an experienced modder help you do it. There are plenty of active RFC modmods still in development (Like Dawn of Civilization, which probably still hasn't even reached its apex yet) and you can try and propose your suggestions (which I personally like and support) there.

EDIT: There is a RFC in development for CIV 5. But from what I've seen, Rhye has dropped off the map there, too.

I'd be really surprised if anything ever came of Rhye's efforts to create RFCiv5.

I'd be really surprised if anything ever came of Rhye's efforts to create RFCiv5.

I was doing so alpha testing with him and he'd managed to sort out delayed starts, UHVs, stability etc. But I haven't heard anything for a while and not sure if it went anywhere.

I think the 1UPT is likely to be a killer for RFC, as you need to be quicker expanding and taking cities in order to have a realistic historical challenge.

Which is too bad. I've been looking forward to it and always check for news every once in awhile.

I was a tester for months with BNW. I loved it. When I first saw a city revolting to another Civ, it totally reminder me of Stability. That is why I said the mechanics are there. I need a break from Civ V, and Dawn is the last Rhys modmod I have yet to play.

Top Bottom