• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Boff-03 pleasenomonty (Sally, Monarch, Ice Age)

I've never been much for aircraft, so I'd probably concentrate on ground troops. Infantry, tanks, marines, artillery are all fine. I wouldn't bother to build a carrier. If we want aircraft over there, we can just rebase to get them there once we have a foothold, no? England will have airships, at least, though, and maybe we need some defense for our stack(s) against them.

Destroyers for shelling the coastal cities. Will we have the odds to attack from ship for those? I guess we'll see once we start.

For the inland cities, I usually just march a big stack up to it, shell it to rubble, and then attack. Make sure there's enough artillery that the shelling doesn't take forever, I guess.

Maybe get a few spies planted over there so we can use some of the thousands of espionage points we're hoarding. Dessies won't be able to shell the inland cities, so maybe spies go there.

Last night when I looked at the map, I thought I'd like to start the attack on England's east coast, near London, York, and Coventry. We'd have to sail ships through our southern canal to set that up, though, and maybe it's just quicker to hit England's west coast first.

You probably know what I need better than I do. :)

England's whole fleet is on their west coast in Kassite and Newcastle and it will probably be infinitely easier to knock those cities out on the first turn of the war, killing all those ships in the process without having to fight them.

We don't have Artillery or Radio yet, so we have no means other than coastal bombardment and spies for nuking defenses down. I'll go for those two techs immediately after we get refrigeration. Going to go for Artillery first so we have time to build artillery. Bombers can rebase instantly, and we can't use them until we have a foothold anyways.

Liq has Paras being spammed from Mecca right now. I THINK we can use those fairly effectively when we have Bombers, as that means you no longer need slow marching infantry and artillery to slow the tanks down. I can give you a primer on using those units if you want, or I can just ignore them for a more traditional slow moving stack of death.

1910AD (500):

Preflight check.

Well, ok we are gearing up for everyone's favourite TankTimeRodeo! Seeing as how I hogged the previous two wars all to myself, it is fitting that I set up the hammer for someone else to have a crack at all the fun!

Well first thing is...

Muscat becomes Muscat South. What does this mean??? Stay tuned!!!

Going to do a runner through the cities... BUT in order to save post space and avoid walls of text, I'll only say something if I change it.

Well peaking inside Mecca, we are dialing Paras here. Since Grover explicitly said he wants to keep the invasion fairly simple (i.e. rolling piles of tanks/infantry/arties), we'll stop building Paras (which require a bit more finese to use) and instead get Marines for the express purpose of crushing those coastal towns where all of Churchill's boats are.

In Medina, I fire the engineer for another scientist. That's it I swear :p

Baghdad is building a Hospital. Baghdad is 7/17 for its health cap, and can't grow. Man, even if someone poisoned the water in Baghdad, they would still be fine! Yes Hospitals heal units faster, but there doesn't project to ever be any fighting in or near Baghdad... We're going to go with a Factory here, with an Airport in queue in case we forget.

The customs house in Najran gets put on hold, as we have growth in 7 turns causing unhealth... We dial a 5 turn aqueduct to take care of it.

Aden working on a market, even though it doesn't need happy, and the gold multiplier is wasted in Aden. I dial up the palace for more Spy Cheese!

St. Petes is starving, but that is due to a lack of worker attention more than anything else. Will get on that...

Yaroslavl gets a bit of spec rearrangement in order to not work ocean tiles...

Pyongyang switches from a 1 turn Hindu Temple to a 1 turn Jew Temple. Not that the extra 2 hammers really matters in any case.

Wonsan is accidentally running a citizen spec. I fix that to a priest.

Pusan is a doomed town and is working on a hospital. We'll never see that kind of pop here, so dial for a Jew Temple instead. Need some hammers.

Nampo also switches to a Jew Temple, instead of trying to build a bank which will have little impact.

Ok, everything else looks ok. Muscat South doesn't have garrison, so sending a Paratrooper there, since they won't be doing much now.

I find all the workers and turn off automation, as I want to do some stuff with them...

1911AD (501):

Well, we obviously knew this already...

Oh, and some fun stuff happening over in Montyland.

Tao Missionary done in Medina. I dial a factory here so we can help build stuff.

Kyoto done a transport and can handle an airport... Barely... With supermarkets, it will be better...

Kufah done a Christian Missionary, might as well dial another.

Anjar done the temple, dial a factory.

Fustat finished an observatory. Going for a factory, as this place has nothing going for it. Maybe it can build planes.

Para done in Novgorod, I think I airlifted him somewhere already. Anyways, dial a Factory as we have oodles of health here and are not growing.

Yakutsk finished an Islamic Missionary, but spreading Islam is a waste until we get the shrine. We have no spy buildings here, so go for a jail.

Jew Temple done in Pyongyang, going to spit out a settler here.

Customs house done in Yamama, pushing on the caps here. Health first, so dialing a quick aqueduct.

1912AD (502):

The AP election comes up and I vote for us...

I plow over a town at St. Petes so we can have enough food to work all mines. BTW we can lose a windmill later when we get supermarkets.

A marine finishes in Mecca, and I dial a settler.

Kufah spits out a missionary, and this is fairly tiresome. I dial a Battleship.

Tank finishes in Manniville. Another one in 2 turns for when Refrigeration comes in.

Seoul finished a tank, dials another. Really need a military academy here.

Wonsan finished an observatory. 1 turn Jew Temple!

1913AD (503):

Yeah, so AP vote comes in, everyone voting for us and we win, nice...

We found Mansura.

I was telling Liq back at the start of the game that this spot would be PRIME REAL ESTATE due to the river, when SP came around that is, lol...

The settler in Mecca was used for this. I dial another.

St. Petes finished a tank, get on another.

Pyongyang finished a settler too, and it got airdropped somewhere. I dial a Marine.

Jew Temple done in Wonsan. Notice it has no Uni, so dial one.

Nampo also finished a Jew Temple. We dial for a spy hut here folks (that's a security bureau for those not following this SG too closely).

1914AD (504):

lol, wtf indeed with 12 move Dessies.

Ok, well we got a Great Prophet and not the spy we were hoping for to pimp out Aden further...

So we'll burn both him and the Great Artist on a Golden Age! 10 turns of uberness! Guilt Free Golden Age!

We dial for Artillery in 4 turns to continue outfitting the army.

Mecca finished another settler, who gets airlifted somewhere. Going to spam marines here, as we don't need the extra food from the supermarket (it would cause instability).

Khurasan finished a duct, we have odd food here, so dialing the supermarket.

Manniville finished a tank, and needs the supermarket for sure as we have unhealthiness here. We'll deal with odd food problems when we come to them. lol, a 1 turn supermarket in Manniville.

Yamama finished an Aqueduct, still growing fast. We'll see about changing some farms to watermills (net loss of one food but get hammers and more cash).

Medina switches to a Supermarket, as we need to stop the loss of food here.

I note we need a grocer for the supermarket >.<. That will slow Baghdad down in its quest for 7 pop, lol.

1915AD (505):

A marine finished in Mecca. Dial another.

Supermarket done in Manniville and we are stable now... Will grow once more for another spec, and we're good. No need for windmills. Back to cranking out Tanks.

St. Petes finished a tank too, and we get on a Supermarket, as it will allow us to replace a windmill.

Yaroslavl finished a customs house. Health is maxed, so dial an aqueduct.

Pyongyang finished a Marine, dial another.

Seoul done a tank. We are at odd food here with no Windmills to nuke, so dialing a supermarket.

Jew Temple done in Pusan. Place is pretty much hopeless, but get on a Harbor to get extra cash from trade routes.

1916AD (506):

Mecca Marine -> Marine

Kufah Battleship -> Jew Missionary

Yakutsk Jail -> Spy Hut

Seoul Supermarket -> Tank

1917AD (507):

Monty demands we cancel deals with SB. Uh, no... For fun, I demand 250 gold from Monty, and he gives it to me, lol :p.

Too bad Monty! Maybe come back when you have more than 1/3 our power :p.

Mecca Marine -> Marine (anyone wondering why we don't do tanks here is because Red Cross is here)

Kyoto finally gets its airport! Which means unlimited airlifts to it each turn, so I can stop driving tanks across the empire. Odd food here, so supermarket in 3 before we go do something else.

Kufah Jew Missionary -> Jew Missionary

Factory done in Anjar. Oops! We can dial a supermarket, but that will eliminate the lost food and add another from the market, giving us odd food. It will allow us to be one pop higher though, so doing it...

Novgorod's factory is done, supermarket in 2. Due to some odd stuff going on here, we won't be able to use all the tiles I think...

Manniville Tank -> Tank

St. Petes Supermarket -> Tank

Pyongyang Marine -> Marine

Yamama Grocer done. We have just swapped out 2 farms for 2 watermills. Unfortunately, S.ilver goofed by not following his watermill building techniques...

Will have to blow up the circled watermill and make the one north of it first... Starvation is fun! Well, get on a cheap theatre while we wait...

Wonsan done a university and getting on a factory.

1918AD (508):

Big turn...

And a forest grows near Aden! So we win a spec as soon as I can find some workers to get up there and Preserve it.

Well, going for Plastics in 5 turns so we can flip the power on with 3GD in St. Petes.

Mecca Marine -> Marine

Damascus finished Broadway. Was going to roll out an airport here, but honestly do not need one as we are right beside Kyoto anyways. Dial up artillery.

Kufah Jew Missionary -> Artillery

Manniville Tank -> Artillery

Yaroslavl is done an aqueduct. Dial a spy hut.

Seoul Tank -> Artillery

Yamama done a Theatre, dialing Public Transport. Trying to balance health and happy as we grow...

1919AD (509):

Mecca Marine -> Artillery! Wow! We have enough foot soldiers for now.

Khurasan done a supermarket, dialing a factory.

Novgorod done a supermarket too. Need a bit of worker attention, but that's fine. Dialing for Artillery.

St. Petes Tank -> Artillery

Pyongyang Marine -> Artillery

1920AD (510):

Monty sneaks out of the war with SB using the heroic gesture event.

Mecca Artillery -> Infantry (I reneged because we'll need more infantry with all the tanks we are pushing out the door).

Medina done a Factory. Starts a tank.

Damascus Artillery -> Tank

Kyoto done the supermarket, so back to uber transports.

Najran Customs House comes in. Odd food here, so will benefit from a supermarket.

Anjar done the supermarket, and we have a 3 food surplus here now, ugh... Ok well dialing a Battleship.

Manniville Artillery -> Tank

Seoul Artillery -> Tank

Pusan done the harbor... Go for a factory as it is expensive, and I won't have to come back to the place, lol.

Nampo done the spy hut, going for a factory.

1921AD (511):

I wasn't going to tip my hand yet... But I'm bound to show city founding screens.

Mecca Infantry -> Infantry

Kyoto Transport -> Transport

Kufah Artillery -> Battleship

Manniville Tank -> Artillery

St. Petes Artillery -> Artillery

Pyongyang Artillery -> Tank

Yamama done Public Transport. I finally stabilized this city!

Going for a factory next!

Muscat NE and NW get started on Lighthouses. Will buy them next turn.

1922AD (512):

Palace moves to Aden this turn. 198 EPs being put out there now.

Mecca Infantry -> Infantry

Baghdad is done a grocer, and going for a 7 turn supermarket! This town WILL be size 7 lol, :p

Anjar Battleship -> Destroyer

Novgorod Artillery -> Artillery

Manniville Artillery -> Tank

Seoul Tank -> Tank

Wonsan done a factory, and it can just about contribute. I'll first dial a Public Transportation just in case (and I know Liq just loves those monorails!)

1923AD (513):

It autocancels our fur for silks deal with Churchill. Doesn't matter as we have abundant happiness anyways...

I dial up Radio next in 5 Golden Turns. Only one is left. That will suffer a bit.

Infantry done in Mecca. Dialing a Theatre.

Medina Tank -> Tank

Damascus Tank -> Artillery

Pyongyang finishes a Tank. I note that 3GD is 22 turns here. It is still 20 turns at St. Petes, where it was orginally going to go... Since we have a GE to take care of it for us, I dial it up here... Hmm well actually a lot of hammers are coming from the Golden Age. So dial a Hydro Plant first so we can see how long it will be after.

1924AD (514):

The Golden Age ends, and we drop from +2gpt to -76gpt. Ouch. Radio sticks at 5 turns too. Well, dial science down to 80% for +132gpt, lmao... Radio still in 5.

And it's done!

Fort abuse FTW!

Mecca Theatre done, dial an aqueduct to control upcoming health problems (going to war, cutting off deals, etc...)

Najran finished... something. I wasn't looking too close to tell you the truth... Uh well missing a spy hut, so go for that.

Novgorod Artillery -> Tank

Manniville Tank -> Tank

St. Petes Artillery -> Tank

Yakutsk done a spy hut. Going for the spy supermarket (Intelligence Agency)!

Seoul Tank -> Tank

Wonsan Public Transport is finished. Nothing else needed here, so we are joining the artillery gravy chain!

I blow a ton of cash this turn upgrading our old riflemen, as we have lots, and it's a pain to go back and find them.

1925AD (515):

Mecca done an Aqueduct... Uh... well Observatory for fun.

Damscus Artillery -> Artillery

Kufah Battleship -> Transport

Anjar Destroyer -> Battleship

Manniville Tank done, starting a market.

Yamama Factory done, dialing a hospital.

1926AD (516):

Mecca done the Observatory. Can buy us a 1 turn Tank, so do so despite no Medic Tanks :p.

Pyong is done the Hydro Plant. We get on a 23 turn 3GD. I burn the GE, and it is down to 12 turns.

1927AD (517):

Mecca Tank -> Infantry (for defense)

Medina Tank -> Artillery

Kufah Transport -> Destroyer

Khurasan is done its factory so we can contribute finally! I dial up a Battleship.

Manniville is done the Market, and is done its unit building break. We'll get back on it with an artillery.

St. Petes Tank -> Artillery

Yaroslavl finishes the spy hut. Spy supermarket is up next!

Seoul Tank -> Artillery

Muscat South finishes its forge. Go for a harbor as I think it will squeeze a bit more cash out of the trade routes, lol.

Mansura finished a Granary. About to grow in 3 turns. I order a lighthouse.

1928AD (518):

Peace ends with Monty (the enforced peace from demanding cash from him). I see the loser has 80 gold, so I demand it from him again! lol so much fun bullying Monty... lol, get Furious with Monty now :p

Damascus finishes an artillery, and honestly I want it doing Cristo next turn, so going to 1 turn a Tao Temple. Also, we popped a copper here, lol. Go Damasucs!

Aden finishes a Market! Man, we need more super spies! This town is just basically a hidey hole for our specs. So dialing an airport, as it really doesn't matter. Aden is, for all intents and purposes, up and running.

Wonsan Artillery -> Artillery

1929AD (519):

Churchill wants our copper for his spices. Seeing as he's about to die soon, no...

The fleet is kicking off this turn to head for England... Composed of 7 marines, 12 artillery, 19 infantry, and 18 tanks. And the boats to move them of course.

Mecca finishes an Infantry. I see The Eiffel Tower is up! 8 turns, good to go!

Damscus done it's Tao Temple. Cristo is up, but so is Rock and Roll. Going to go with Cheese and dial Rock and Roll. Make Damscus the entertainment capital of the world! 16 turns.

Anjar Battleship -> Destroyer

Novgorod finished an artillery. We are dialing Cristo here in 14 turns.

Manniville also done an artillery. Going to take a breather on some 1 turn temples, starting with the Confucian one.

Seoul Artillery -> Bomber

Yamama done a Hospital. Get a jail, as War is coming soonish.

1930AD (520):

AP vote comes up, we again vote for ourselves... Churchill probably won't be voting for us much longer...

Baghdad is done the supermarket! Size 7 is 28 turns away! We get back on that neglected factory.

Fustat is done a factory, and it still doesn't help much. Ok, well aqueduct next, so we have the health for a drydock.

Manniville done the confused temple. We dial a Tao one.

Nampo is done the factory. Aqueduct next.

Here's your stack Grover.

They are set to do your bidding next turn. There are also some troops still sitting in Seoul, transports still being made. You'll have to go back and get them (if you need them).

Also, started building Bombers in Seoul. Seoul and Kyoto are the ONLY places were it is appropriate to build bombers. They will have 11XP and get 3 promos. Should probably be Combat 1, Combat 2, and Range 1, although you're using them, so get whatever you need.

For the lurkers who may or may not have been following this since the beginning, I leave you with this...

Attachments

• Boff-03 AD-1930.CivBeyondSwordSave
    393 KB · Views: 81
:lol: wtf indeed!

Must admit, the north Canal is a monster worthy of a Boff-0.

And for the folks at home, Aden was pushing 198 Spy EP's with the slider at 0% with the slider never being used.

Since first we met England Church was trying to match our spy rate such that he was using his spy slider though all of the second half of the game, crippling his economy and tech rate. Passive aggressive Spy tactics hehe.

Cheers!
-Liq

520 1930ad, inherited turn

Liq and Sil have put the ball on the tee for me. All I have to do is keep my head down and follow through.

We have 6 destroyers, 4 battleships, and transports with 19 infantry, 18 tanks, 7 marines, and 12 artillery poised to strike off Churchill's west coast.

Churchill is in the midst of upgrading his redcoats to infantry and his galleons to transports, it seems. His frigates aren't destroyers, yet.

Churchill has far more naval units in Kassite than in the other cities nearby, so Kassite will be the first target next turn unless Churchill moves his units.

War is a terrible thing, but I hit enter.

521 1930ad

I pay 20 to maintain the forest. We have 2570 gold in the bank. I think we can afford it.

Churchill votes for us.

Kassite has 1 cg3 infantry and 3 redcoats defending it. It also has 5 transports, 1 galleon, and 16 frigates inside. We'll start there.

We declare war. Churchill goes from pleased to annoyed.

Our northernmost dessie with sentry and nav2 comes down to shell, then resumes its post. 60% defense drops to 50%.

Next is a battleship. 50% drops to 38%.
Another battleship. 38% drops to 26%.
Another battleship. Down to 14%.
Two dessies finish the job.

I send in a transport and look at the marines attacking from ship.

First marine has 1.3% odds against the cg3 infantry. I promote him pinch, and the odds rise to 4.2%. I promote him drill 2, and the odds rise to 5.7%. I sit on him for a second to investigate marine 2. Marine 2 starts out the same, and I promote him pinch as well. For his second promo, I give him combat 1 instead of drill 2, and his odds rise to 10.4%. Much better. So I'll promote combat rather than drill.

Marine 2 dies in his attack. The infantry is down to 10.4/20, though. Not too bad.
Marine 1, the drill guy, has 69% odds against a redcoat.
I promote Marine 3 pinch and combat 1, and he has 68.5% odds against the redcoat. So I guess drill is a little better this time. Marine 1 gives it a shot. He takes out his redcoat, but he's *badly* hurt, down to 1.2/24. He earned 3xp, though, up to 8/10.

Two redcoats to go, plus the injured infantry. Marine 4 promotes pinch and drill 2. 88% odds against the half-strength infantry. He wins flawlessly and gains 3 xp, up to 10/10. Neither of the two remaining redcoats has cg promos. Instead, they have combat and shock. Marine 3, with pinch and combat 1, takes his turn. 79.6% against a redcoat. He wins, but is hurt: 3.6/24. He did earn 3xp for a promotion, though, 10/10.

We went 3-for-4 on that transport. Not bad at all. I send in another transport with 3 marines and cao cao. First marine has 78% odds and loses. Second marine cleans up the mess and takes the city.

No culture buildings survived the battle. I set production to a theater, which will begin in 11 turns after the unhappiness settles down.

Newcastle is up next.
Our remaining ships can only shell it down to 19% this turn. It has a cg2 infantry, a cg2 redcoat, a cg2 longbow, and a shock redcoat for defense. I don't want to wait for Churchill's reinforcements, so I decide to attack through the 19%, from ship.

This town is on a hill. Our only unused marine has 4.6% odds against the infantry, and he loses. The infantry is knocked down to 14/20. A redcoat is up next. Our best odds seem to be from tanks promoted to combat1 and pinch, 29.9%. We lose 1 to a redcoat, who limps away at 3.4/14 strength. Next tank has 42.9% odds against the wounded infantry and loses. The infantry is down to 7.2/20. Next tank has 66.9% odds against a redcoat and loses. That (shock) redcoat is down to 8.4/14. Next tank has 95% odds against a longbow and wins. Two more tanks take out wounded units, and an infantry administers the knockout punch. Promote him to cg3 and pinch and fortify him in the city.

Again, not a single culture building. I set production to the eventual theater, which will start in 10 turns.

I leave 4 infantry plus the marine in Kassite and 5 infantry in Newcastle. I rebase a bomber from Seoul to Newcastle.

Medina: artillery > infantry
Kyoto: transport > transport
Kufah: destroyer > tank
Manni: temple > synagogue
St Pete: artillery > infantry
Seoul: bomber > bomber
Yamama: something > bank
Wonsan: artillery > infantry

The new destroyer takes out an English caravel near our coast. It'll escort 3 more transports across next turn.

I airlift an infantry into Newcastle for an extra defender.

522 1932ad

Nothing grows.
Only one unit completes, Kyoto's transport. I set Kyoto on a destroyer to head to our west coast. I'll crank our a few of those, actually.

Our destroyers and battleships easily take down the walls at Oxford.
The defenders there are 1 cg2 infantry, 2 cg2 redcoats, 1 cg1 guerilla1 redcoat, all with drill one, and a combat2/shock redcoat. The town is on a hill.
I promote the bomber in Newcastle to combat2. No choice on combat1. Could have taken combat2 or pinch for the second. Combat2 unlocks the range promotions, so I went with that. The bomber has one more promotion coming 11/10, but I don't need range yet, so I'll keep that promotion in its pocket.
I order the bomber to attack the units in oxford, and it damages them all a little. The infantry unit was hurt worst, down to 15.6/20. That's something, I guess. The bomber escaped undamaged (of course).
We have one marine left who is healthy enough to attack. He's full-strength actually. I promote him drill 3. He has 49% odds against the infantry. He wins and escapes with 1.2/24 health. Our three marines on that transport have a combined health of 5.8/72. They'll be resting for a while.
Next up is a tank with combat1, pinch, and city raider1. It is 71% against a redcoat, and loses.
A city raider3 tank is 85% and wins. Another city raider3 tank is 95% and wins. A third also wins. One defender left, a wounded redcoat. A cr2 tank has 85% odds and loses. *sigh*
An infantry cleans up and promotes to cg3 and pinch.

Again, not a single culture building survived. I queue up an eventual theater.

I promote a galleon in Kufah to a transport for 221 coins.
Todd, cr3 infantry, gets airlfted into Oxford.
Cao cao and 4 other infantry unload at Oxford, as well as some injured tanks.
All our artillery unloads there. Plan to walk to Nottingham next.
6 empty transports head home, escorted by 2 battleships.
The rest of our fleet heads north to Liverpool.

523 1933ad

Two battleships are attacked by airships, each suffers 12% damage, down to 35/2/40 each.
A destroyer intercepts a third airship and causes it 60% damage. Ha!
Our infantry defenders in Oxford slaughter 3 knights and a cavalry that came at us. Cao cao wasn't pressed into service. He's still fresh at 20/20.

Our fleeet reaches liverpool and shells it down from 60% to 28%. Maybe the battleships ran out of moves and couldn't shell.

Newcastle's bomber starts softening up the defenders in liverpool, currently 1 infantry and 4 redcoats.

Seoul completes a bomber. I promote it to combat2 with another promotion pending and rebase it to Kassite.
Anjar completes a destroyer. I send it to our western ocean via the northern canal.

I airlift a cg3 mg (stolen from narjan last turn) from medina to oxford, and another from kyoto to kassite.

Narjan sec bureau > 3 quick temples (2 turns each) because it's one below its happy cap now, and weariness might start setting in.
Khurasan battleship > tank.
Anjar destroyer > tank
Manni synagogue > bomber
St Pete infantry > tank
Yakutsk IA > factory
Nampo aqueduct > bank

524 1934ad

A destroyer intercpets an airship and causes 75% damage. A second airship gets through and causes 8% damage to a battleship.

Pestilence has struck Aztec agricultural lands.

I choose mass media in 4 turns, even though that'll obsolete the apostolic palace.

Cao-cao has worked his magic on our troops in Oxford. They're all fresh, except for one tank that's down to 25.8/28 still. I leave behind the CG3 mg and the CG3 infantry, and start the march towards nottingham. I airlift in another super mg to add a third defender.

Liverpool's defenses get shelled down, and the bombers from Kassite and Newcastle do their thing. The infantry there is at 10.4/20, and the 4 redcoats are at 11.2/14 each.

A marine takes out a redcoat with 83% odds.
The other two marines are still pretty hurt, so it's up to the tanks.
cr2 tank, 85% vs redcoat and wins.
cr2 tank, 86% vs redcoat and loses.
Churchill gets a great general.
cr2 tank, 88% against infantry and wins.
cr2 tank 90% aginst redcoat, wins
Infantry takes out the last redcoat and promotes to cg3 and pinch.

Our transports drop everything they have in liverpool, and the fleet heads back to refill.

We have taken all four of Churchill's coastal cities on his west coast. Huzzah!

Kyoto destroyer > destroyer. The completed destroyer heads to our western ocean via the southern canal.
Manni bomber > tank
Wonsan infantry > infantry
Medina infantry > infantry

The forum won't let me upload any more attachments to this message, so I'll post the rest of my write up in a separate message. Stay tuned for more exciting Churchill-squashing action!

Attachments

• fire.JPG
    fire.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 290
  • election.JPG
    election.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 297
  • kassite message.JPG
    kassite message.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 304
  • kassite buildings.JPG
    kassite buildings.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 311
  • newcastle buildings.JPG
    newcastle buildings.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 308
  • oxford message.JPG
    oxford message.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 296
  • oxford buildings.JPG
    oxford buildings.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 303
  • rocketry.JPG
    rocketry.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 320
  • liverpool message.JPG
    liverpool message.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 314
  • liverpool buildings.JPG
    liverpool buildings.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 294
...and we're back.

525 1935ad

An English destroyer took out our destroyer that was heading for the southern canal, near Mecca.

I peel a destroyer off our convoy task force and sink the English destroyer, flawlessly. Our destroyer will head off to the western ocean rather than rejoin the convoy.

Our infantry defended against an infantry and a redcoat in liverpool.

Churchill gets a great spy.

Monty adopts theocracy, slavery, and vassalage. He's furious at us.

Here's a look at the power graph

Muscat NW finishes a lighthouse and starts a granary, i guess.
Yamama bank > market
Seoul bomber (rebases to liverpool) > bomber
Yaro IA > grocer--near enough to health cap that i'll do the grocer before the factory
Narjan temple > temple
Manni and Yaro love the president

Two tanks from liverpool squash an english infantry and an english redcoat that were out for a stroll. A third tank moves out to cover one of the wounded ones.

Our stack pulls up to nottingham and will shell next turn. Three bombers start softening up the troops inside.

A convoy with fresh troops, including artillery, arrives in liverpool. We start the march on hastings.

526 1936ad

No attacks between turns. Aw.

Medina and Manni love the president.
St Pete tank > tank
Manni tank > tank
Kufah tank > tank
Kyoto destroyer (heading for western ocean) > destroyer

7 artillery take down the 80% walls at nottingham. Churchill has beefed up the defenses there between turns, though. 4 inf, 2 cav, 4 redcoats, 5 cannon, 2 longbows, a chariot, two horse archers, and a knight. The chariot scares me a bit. What's he up to?

4 bombers ply their trade.
An artillery promotes to cr2 and has 53% odds. He wins and damages 6 troops.
Next cr2 artillery has 42% odds (why lower?). He loses.
Third wins. Fourth wins. Fifth wins. No more artillery.
Tank has 99% odds and wins. Two other tanks win as well.
Four infantry go four-for-four.
Only cao cao is left for us. He has 99.9% odds vs a cannon. He earns another xp.
There are some hurting defenders in Nottingham. The three infantry have 3 health each. Wish I had more troops to throw at them this turn.

527 1937ad

Two airships damage tanks, 12% and 14%.

Medina, Kufah, and Yaro love the president. Of course. He's doing a great job!

Narjan temple > temple
Muscat S harbor > courthouse
Wonsan infantry > infantry
Seoul bomber > bomber
Fustat aqueduct > synagogue
Anjar tank > tank
Medina infantry > infantry
Mecca Eiffel Tower > 1 turn tank ( then a wonder again next turn after mass media)

Artillery and bombers take down hastings's defenses to 12%. More artillery arrives on site.

Our "northern" destroyer in the western ocean sinks a transport near norwich.

Nottingham didn't get many fresh troops, just one cavalry, so it's in for another beat-down. Not sure I have enough attackers to clean it out this turn, though. Two bombers soften it up some more.
Our artillery all have high odds, and all 11 attack without a loss. The chariot is down to 0.6/4 health. Three tanks and six infantry attack without a loss. There are 2 horses, a catapult, a chariot, and a cannon left, all severely injured, but I'm out of troops for this turn.

528 1938ad

The secrets of flight were stolen by enemy infiltrators.

Churchill and Monty get a happy wedding event.

Kufah and Kyoto love the president.
4 english airships attack our infantry units and cause damage.

Kufah and Manni have become unhealthy.

Mansura lighthouse > courthouse
Yamama market > 3 quick temples
Seoul bomber > bomber
Pyongyang 3 gorges > hollywood
St Pete tank > tank
Manni tank > tank (no way to increase healthiness)
Mecca culture > UN, 7 turns (that's weird, had it set for a tank, not culture)

Will do a supermarket in Kufah after it finishes its tank to gain back health.

There is a fresh redcoat in Nottingham, but he won't last long.
Two tanks and two infantry take out 3 redcoats and a cannon.
Next defender is a maceman. He dies to an infantry.
Two more infantry take out two cannons.
Two horses and that chariot are left.
Cao cao takes out a horse. He's up to 40/50 now. I've never owned a unit with that much xp before.

We get a great general in Manniville. We wanted a military academy somewhere. Where? Checking old posts...it's Seoul, so we build a military academy there.

I'm out of attackers, so we'll have to finish off Nottingham next turn.

Hastings gets shelled down to zero.
Three bombers soften up the defenders.
Then the artillery opens up, going 8 for 9. (The one battle we lost was 65% in our favor. The 8 battles we won were much higher.)
Our other units go 12-for-12 and take the city.

When I pull our attackers into hastings, we go to +14gpt. We had been hovering at -30gpt o so, with 2900 in the bank, at 80% research.

Set research to computers, even though it'll obsolete some wonders for us. 6 turns.

529 1939ad

Our peace treaty with Monty expires.
Kyoto and Yakutsk love the president.
Kyoto and Kufah become unhappy.

Two airships attack infantry and do 15% damage.

Yamama temple > temple
Pusan factory > bank
Kyoto destroyer > 3 quick temples
Narjan temple > synagogue
Manni tank > tank
Seoul bomber > bomber, still 2 turns
Khurasan something > 3 quick temples

Nottingham has three fresh infantry this turn. I unleash the bombers at them, and they're not so fresh any more. 10.0/20 for all three. Our artillery follows up and goes lossless until it can't attack further. Tanks and infantry also go lossless. I let cao cao take out the finally defender, the 0.6/4.0 chariot. Churchill had based a fighter in the town. I guess he's the one who stole flight from us. No surprise there, really.

I move some troops forward from Kassite, Oxford, Newcastle, and Liverpool to our front lines.

I start one of our two empty transport convoys on its way to the western ocean. The other remains near Narjan to refill.

This seems like a good point to break at. I'll post my set and the save. Liq can get in on the fun for a bit. I don't want to hog it all.

Here is a look at New Arabia, which is still a work in progress.

Roster

Liq >>Up Now<<
Silver ==On Deck==
Grover -Just Played-

Attachments

• english destroyer.JPG
    english destroyer.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 339
  • power 1935.JPG
    power 1935.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 295
  • eiffel tower.JPG
    eiffel tower.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 292
  • mass media.JPG
    mass media.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 280
  • three gorges.JPG
    three gorges.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 292
  • nottingham inside.JPG
    nottingham inside.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 317
  • nottingham message.JPG
    nottingham message.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 298
  • hastings message.JPG
    hastings message.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 289
  • new arabia.JPG
    new arabia.JPG
    375.3 KB · Views: 297
  • Boff-03 AD-1939.CivBeyondSwordSave
    414.3 KB · Views: 76
So Liq claims "sickness" :rolleyes:, so I get to finish this off...

Ok. You should have enough troops for separate armies from hastings and nottingham.

We are 12% short of land area for domination. A few more cities, a few culture pops...

Enjoy.

1939AD (529):

Preflight check.

First thing is switch research to Satellites. The idea behind Rocketry was to unlock Satellites, which unlocks Advanced Flight (Jets, Gunships), Laser (Mobile Arties!), and Composites (Modern Armour). We'll probably not need it, but it's better than obsoleting Angkor Wat and forcing some MM...

I dial down science by 10% to push culture up 10% to deal with WW.

A quick run through of the cities...

Kyoto we will fix not with temples, but with the culture slider. I cancel the temples and dial up a Bomber.

Najran Synagogue is changed to a factory. Not sure why we need a Synagogue...

Kufah is starving. I think we must've lost some health resource we were trading from England...

Khurasan does not need temples either. Dial an airport.

Pyongyang is building Hollywood! This is Damascus' wonder! Canceling it and dialing a Para.

Yamama doesn't need temples as it is stagnant. Dial for spy hut.

Everything else looks ok (or I probably couldn't care less about what Pusan is vainly trying to build...). So whack end turn.

Jan. 1940AD (530):

Yay, a date format change...

Ok, well one of our dessies got punked off the east coast of England. Not that we care...

Ok, so WW appears to have double, going from 4 angry faces in Kyoto to 11... Ok, eff this revolting police state... And all problems are gone... Dialing culture back down to 0%...

Airlift a bunch of units to the captured English cities...

So yeah... unit builds are boring, so just slapping a bunch of cities on Perma-build for the runover.

Jul. 1940AD (531):

I split the stack in Hastings. About 6 tanks are heading to Dover under Bomber cover, while the rest push for Warwick.

Bomber cover continues to strip defenses. Dover is blanked and units are shelled. Warwick at 21% this turn.

Jan. 1941AD (532):

Ok, well operation Beatdown Dover starts now...

TBH I don't know why we didn't use all CR tanks...

Oops forgot the screenshot of the loot haul...

Anyways... we buzz Warwick with massed bombers. No resistance to the bombing...

Poof.

Jul. 1941AD (533):

Some nonsense in the inturn with airships hitting us, lol. Going to move some fighters up.

BTW, this is how you use Paras...

Since regular infantry can't keep up with pure tank stacks, you drop the Paras on the tiles the tanks are on to provide cover for them.

Oh, and this is what "blockades" do to towns in the ice age.

LMAO

Anyways... dropping bombs on London like it's going out of style...

Jan. 1942AD (534):

Cheese!

We get more Gems popping at Mecca. Great, hurt the production of our IW city...

Bombs continue to fall on London, and even some on Canterbury... Well actually time is up for Canterbury as our tanks are ready to attack!

Ah crap, Partisans spawned, lol. Ok one dead Tank for us...

Damascus finished Rock and Roll, so starts Hollywood!

Jul. 1942AD (535):

We finish the UN, and the two choices for the UN election are...

Us and MONTY?

Alright, whatever :p.

Our fighter on Intercept Mode in Warwick pwned an English Fighter in the inturn, yay. No ridiculous bombings of our troops, so good to go!

London continues to eat explosives, and our bombers start on York's defenses as well.

Jan. 1943AD (536):

Dial up Advanced Flight in 6...

Haha, lol wtf...

And I was trying to starve that city too!

So we are Secretary-General. And SB voted for us before Churchill. Yay.

London gets a final beatdown from every plane we have nearby...

Then we are go for the Artillery to XP on the city. All of them XP, and it's go for the Drill Infantry! All Infantry XP no problem, including Cao Cao and Bigman Todd.

Still 5 units in the city, so blitzing with Tanks to clean them out...

I blow the city up to show how badass us commies are. And because Mining Inc was there :p.

Reinforcements arrive from the boats, so they reinforce the smaller of the two stacks (Cao Cao's stack).

So with London gone, St. Petes occupies the 5th slot on the top 5.

(cont...)

Jul. 1943AD (537):

The English are fleeing in mass numbers towards their port cities on the East...

Bombers are continuing to bomb their remaining cities. Since we don't care about population, we are also ripping out their terrain improvements, targeting farms first.

Jan. 1944AD (538):

England has random wooden boats coming out of the cities... right into our blockades. They get killed. We now have boats covering 100% of the remaining English shoreline.

All English acquisitions are shrinking each turn because I'm running 100% specs to abuse the Sistine Chapel and get our borders out.

Jul. 1944AD (539):

We drop a silly amount of Bombs on York this turn. Brighton in the north, meanwhile, doesn't even warrant a stack. I am using bombers to beat down the garrison, and drill Paras are being dropped in to pick them off every turn.

Time is UP at York!

Anyways... engage in the usual silliness that is throwing lots of siege at a city after beating them down with Bombers already... lol, Churchill has a Longbow still. Longbow vs Artillery!

So yeah, all Defenders are at 25% health, and we still have an extra Artillery...

XPing the Big Dogs...

Bored bombers are busy nuking out improvements, as we move to 11.9 strength ratio with Churchill...

Jan. 1945AD (540):

So yeah, continue to rudely punk off Brighton's garrison using scraps...

We beat down Coventry with bombers too, and the stack is ready to go!

Leading off with Artillery again to rudely pwn the enemy units... BTW, this is Cao Cao's stack at work.

Oh hey, this is interesting.

Can get March upon coming out of the Red Cross city. If we use bombers to beat down garrisons to 50%, the arties can take them down to 25% with very little risk, and constant healing too...

The garrison is beat down to 25% health, so cleaning up now... Todd and Cao Cao XP, and then we get an uber level 5 tank to Blitz the town and clean up.

Brighton dying next turn...

Jul. 1945AD (541):

Haha, lol what a joke! I wasn't aware there were any English left ALIVE to tend to our wounded troops.

In the sideshow gallery, Monty again DoWs on Sitting Bull.

Ok, finish off Brighton...

A bunch of Mining Inc Execs were there so they get slaughtered, lol.

We capture Church's "Gift" and Church's "Oblation", lol.

We take this from Churchill for peace.

We win ourselves an English Vassal! I contemplated just beating his ass into the ground, but that would take 3 or 4 more turns as I left all the transports in Yamama.

lol, Leeds has no garrison. Good thing I can just airlift one of our 50 bajillion paratroopers to it...

And...

No kidding...

Jan. 1946AD (542):

Does it matter? Nope...

Final Score 48048. Top rated at Augustus.

Good job team! Onto Boff-04!

Attachments

• Boff-03 AD-1945-July.CivBeyondSwordSave
    427 KB · Views: 83
Wow who honestly thought we'd just stroll to a victory with a start like that? Great work all round, maybe people won;t be as scared of the boff series now? lolol

Cheers!
-Liq

Yeah it's bad form to even admit to re-reading your own SG, but man, an ice age map could not have been anymore fun than this disaster.

Since civ5 has been released to much *excitement* and no one cares about civ4 anymore:mischief:, it's safe for Liq to finally trot this tired old joke out one last time, gravedigger style :mwaha:

------------------------------------
Just another view on the typically masterful mop up The Hammer is able to put a liq to shame with. But fear not, Infraliq is ever on the look out for misdeeds in the build queues.

So really, S.ilver :smoke:'d big time on his last turn so Liq is here to load up the save and correct any wrongdoings.

Jul. 1944AD (539): Supplemental!

Revolt to Universal Suffrage and rush buy something for 4.5kish gold. Thanks Kremlin!

Who said Spiritual was a near useless trait?

Jan. 1946AD (542):

Yes, Damascus truly is the entertainment capital of the world finally.

Proof not even the Ice age can dull the appeal of those Pony Rides the kiddies love.

Cheers!
-NecroLiq

Top Bottom