Bonaparte II Tournament Home Page

I can ask.....but I have to say, that if it were me, I would NOT be keen to take on someone else's position half-way through. From the Tournament point of view, it does make the results a bit meaningless.

However, the guys concerned may be willing, so I'll ask them.

Allright John, I'm sure you don't want to see the tournament die yourself. And besides we might as well stop thinking of it as a rigid tournament, but just a fun series of PBEMs. I think what we have going here has great potential.

Originally posted by Darius
Would it be possible to invite one of the players interested in the CDG tourney? It's only one slot...

Hello all.

John, I have received and replied your mail. I am sorry, but although I was interested in the CDG Bonaparte Tournament until we stopped it, now things have changed as I have joined more PBEMs, and I'm playtesting several new scenarios. I sincerely don't have the time required to play it, and I don't want to became a slow player, here in the Tournament, and in my games at CDG and Poly.

I hope you understand. More details are brought in my mail reply :)

Good luck :king:

Quite understandable, Pablo.

I agree Steve. A series of PBEMs is what the Tournament has effectively become anyway. It is a shame the idea died, but these things have to be tried.

We shall play on, but where SAS has left a hole, we shall let the AI play, and let the cards fall where they will. OK?

Fine by me, if Mikko has declined.

Originally posted by Patient English
We shall play on, but where SAS has left a hole, we shall let the AI play, and let the cards fall where they will. OK?

I haven't done the maths on this, but can't we just ditch a game and have the umpires take over SAS's civ in the other 7 games? At very least, I think that we'd need to do so in the games where SAS is France, Russia and Britain - from single player experiance, the game goes rather haywire if these civs are left in the hands of the AI.

Interesting idea....Ditching a game would only free up one umpire of course, but it would free up seven (or six remaining) players from that game for re-deployment.

It would kill the tournament as such completely, as some player might be France twice, another one Spain twice, for example (which is hardly fair), but it would keep the remaining 7 games fully-staffed as PBEMs, with no additional play burden on anyone.

Thoughts, everyone? Which game might be "ditchable"?

I vote to dtich game 2 if anything the outcome has been strongly decided and army forces are strongly lopsided.

Well, I agree that the outcome is just about decided, although I was looking forward to my last-ditch stand against Case.

I suspect Steve would be very distressed at losing the chance to see my utter defeat though, and I would hate to deprive him of that pleasure...;)

Then let us not ditch anything... We all need to get together and make a decision. It is quite easy to play your turns every couple of days. If you can't do it you shouldn't be in the tourney. There are people who consistently fail to post with a reasonable amount of time.
Sorry to say this but the cancer must be located and cut out. Alternatives must be found, i'm sure the diligant civ2 players are out there it is a matter of finding them. Posting in the players needed thread is pointless we need to find active players and we need to appraoch them personally. I'm glad to see John has taken steps.

Originally posted by voltar
Then let us not ditch anything... We all need to get together and make a decision. It is quite easy to play your turns every couple of days. If you can't do it you shouldn't be in the tourney. There are people who consistently fail to post with a reasonable amount of time.
Sorry to say this but the cancer must be located and cut out. Alternatives must be found, i'm sure the diligant civ2 players are out there it is a matter of finding them. Posting in the players needed thread is pointless we need to find active players and we need to appraoch them personally. I'm glad to see John has taken steps.

Try to face reality people; there are hardly enough PBEM'ers to keep the forums alive as it is, let alone enough that both like this scen AND are interested in playing 8 games. I've been afraid to say that all this time but there it is.

Originally posted by FiGu
Ill play my turns tomorrow if there is anywhere my turn.

Do you even check the threads?

#1 FiGu - 16 days
#2 Steve - 10 days
#3 FiGu - 18 days
#4 FiGu - 15 days
#5 FiGu - 20 days
#6 Henrik - 18 days
#7 FiGu - 14 days
#8 FiGu - 10 days

Originally posted by Patient English
Well, I agree that the outcome is just about decided, although I was looking forward to my last-ditch stand against Case.

I suspect Steve would be very distressed at losing the chance to see my utter defeat though, and I would hate to deprive him of that pleasure...;)

Actually, Game #2 gets my vote as the game I'd most want to keep alive ;)

But yeah, as much as I'm enjoying that game, it's outcome really is decided.

I suspect we will keep #2 going, just so you all can have the fun of finishing me off. :D Austria is just about defeated now, so SAS's departure won't have a large effect. Prussia, too, is on the brink of eclipse, so it's all against Jonnie....

Interestingly, in my new Bonaparte MP rules (the ones we are playtesting at CDG), I would believe Britain would have a chance of survival even now, although my overseas possessions would be forever lost. Invasion is much harder, and defence is a viable option with the new terrain stats.

Look, Ill do whatever you guys want to do on the Tourney.

Id love to see John in the Tower but if it doesn't happen, Ill be happy knowing it would have. :)

Ill play Game 2 as soon as we decide what we are going to do. Ive known about it since the day SAS played last week.

So I will go along with what the majority decides.

Although I hate to agree with Darius on ANYTHING ;) , he has a point, this forum has been quite dead for MONTHS. Finding people to take over in this tourney is going to be like finding needles in a haystack..................

Yes, I can't face trying to find ANOTHER replacement, given that no-one is beatiung the door down trying to get in.

Let's play the PBEMs that are left as stand alone games, and where there is a missing person, let the AI play, whichever nation that happens to be.

Top Bottom