Bonaparte II Tournament Game #2 PBEM

Steve, i used the wrong word. I meant Mountains. In game terms, you cannot build forts on Mountains, only hills.

Originally posted by conmcb25
Dam, I put them on the mountains didn't I?

Ah well all this stackable or unstackable is way to hard to keep track of anyway.

:p

Yeah, and i'm not too comfortable about the kill either :( Did we agree on a house rule here?

Nah, piss on it Stian it was a dumb mistake on my part.
A while back as England I destroyed Dover ith a bunch of French units in it and on the next attack destroyed the pile and we played with that. This is similar and should stand. It was my dumb mistake for putting those units on a mountain. THANK GOD I dont have to worry about that in Colonies :)

Maybe the Austrians will make a come back? ;)

Every turn my utter anihilation comes nearer. Yet my hat is off the Swedish with their capture of Magdeburg I truly did not expect it to be oh so swift.

Mountains are unstackable, as are Swamps and Northern Forests. The rest - unless pillaged (which is against house rules) or the site of a destroyed city - is STACKABLE, and clearly comes up as such in the terrain info window on the right, when you put your cursor or active unit there. No excuses, Steve! As you have quite decently accepted......

Originally posted by voltar
Every turn my utter anihilation comes nearer. Yet my hat is off the Swedish with their capture of Magdeburg I truly did not expect it to be oh so swift.

Thanks. :) It did take a lot of artillery as I recall, but then again I hardly have any enemies left to fight so the units wheren't needed elsewhere ;)

News of Lodz Disaster Shocks Emperor

Emperor Napoleon was shocked to hear of the disarsterous Russian defeat outside Lodz. At a council of war held to discuss the implications of this battle, the Emperor remained upbeat, pointing out that French intelligence had identified the Austrian Army as being less then half the strength of the Russian Army, or about a quarter of the combined forces of both empires and that eventual victory still remained a certainty.

However, the commander of the Army of the Danube pointed out that as the Russian Army was camped on mountain terrain, the Austrians must have expected to take significant casualties by attacking it, even if the Russian position was strategically foolish. As such, the Austrian Army in the 'Lodz Pocket' must be larger then was originally estimated.

The Emperor agreed with this conclusion, and has ordered that reducing the Lodz pocket be made the Army of the Danube's primary mission. As soon as this campaign is brought to a satisfactory conclusion, any cities captured in this region will be handed over to our beloved Russian allies.

Campaign in the Carpathians Underway

No sooner then the Emperor's orders were issued, troops from the Army of the Danube took the town of Kosice by storm. Several days after this victory a French column routed the Austrian defenders of Satu Mare. This later victory has opened the road to Lodz, a road which the Army of the Danube's main bulk will soon be advancing along!

The Bourbons return to Naples

After 4 long years in exile, King Ferdinand I of the Two Sicilies has returned to the throne, after Spanish troops wiped out three Austrian musketeer regiments in Naples and secured it. As usual there were wholesale arrests and executions of supposed liberals in the city upon the king's return, but fortunately the Austrians had taken care of most of them. ;)

Portuguese resistance annihilated

Figuera and Lisbon were wrested from Portuguese hands on schedule this month, to the loss of only one bomb ketch. Meanwhile, Gijon was razed to ashes along with the treasonous dogs who defended it in Britain's name. The civilian casualties there were estimated at over a thousand, but the blame can be placed squarely on Britain for its unwillingness to surrender the port.

The loss of only one bomb ketch? Against two vet infantry and a vet 2-Decker....Just shows that this scenario isn't properly balanced between attacker and defender.

The ease with which my French are slicing through Case's British defence in Game #6 is also ridiculous. I haven't had a single casualty taking the last 4 cities and destroying about 10 British defenders.

Still, we have to complete the tournament under the same rles....

It wasn't too unrealistic; howitzers just barely beat the two-decker, horse artillery took out one of the infantry, and (since I only had musketeers left) I kamikazied the bomb ketch into the last infantry so that my musketeers could defeat it. If I had lost any unit I had other bomb ketches around too.

Originally posted by Darius
It wasn't too unrealistic; howitzers just barely beat the two-decker, horse artillery took out one of the infantry, and (since I only had musketeers left) I kamikazied the bomb ketch into the last infantry so that my musketeers could defeat it. If I had lost any unit I had other bomb ketches around too.

That sounds about right. A Howitzer should defeat a two decker at port. John didnt know what else you had to play around with i guess.

Well Lisbon is of course on hills, which is what made it notable. After fiddling around in SP for a couple of minutes it looks like I got lucky.

Top Bottom