BOTM 04 Pregame Discussion

I'm not sure what your problem with links to the start files in this thread is. Anyone can guess them anyway - there is a very simple pattern.

Let it be said, that I, Mungo, am determined to achieve victory this BOTM with the adventurer save, and record not only my first BOTM win, but my first Prince win. By conquest or Domination.

FYI :)

Just a quick reminder - there is a reported bug in this version of BtS, which means that on occasions, not all the UN or apostolic palace voting options that should be offered actually are offered. If you are going for a religious or diplomatic victory, please be aware that you may have to wait longer than you expect to be offered the correct vote.

Is it also a bug that I can't make my first Jewish Synagogue even though I have six Jewish Temple. Not even get such build displayed in "grey form" (of not available due to lack of resourses or excess numbers present already).
Or is it that the save file that I've downloaded got corrupted.

Is it also a bug that I can't make my first Jewish Synagogue even though I have six Jewish Temple. Not even get such build displayed in "grey form" (of not available due to lack of resourses or excess numbers present already).
Or is it that the save file that I've downloaded got corrupted.
Have you researched Music?

Nice looking start position.

I kinda feel like it might be good to make capitol coastal city, as it's a fractal map, and we're playing England, and I wouldn't be very surprised if we were on a not too big island. But moving away from such a great starting position seems very risky. If I move NE, NE, there's a lot of unknown tiles. And in addition, I will probably no longer get fresh water bonus.

We don't see that much ocean, so hoping we've got space for some other good cities around, so I will create first city at the river. Going west introduces another river tile, but the river seems to go up towards the ocean. Settling where we start to see if I can get another city on the river further west.

Plan is to research hunting -> animal husbandry while building worker, and then make pasture on pigs. Then mine the two gold, and let city grow to size 3 before starting to build settlers. That will leave me some production turns in betweeen which I'll probably use to train some warriors. Might research bronze working while building warriors, so I can see if there's any bronze available, and be able to chop some forests for settler production.

Going on vacation though, so ain't got time to start the game before next week..

Well this is going to be my first BOTM and will try it on middle start setting (contender I believe it is). Being England i too am tempted to go north towards the sea for starting capital but looks like i will settle in place.

Looking forward to see how I far against everyone. Good luck.

I'll be trying Adventurer. With the scout I'm guessing 1SE 1NE to check out the "corn" city region might make sense as a first move, since it might give some information about moving the settler 2NE. On the other hand I'm strongly inclined to settle in the starting position in most games (which seems to be the wrong thing to do in DS' games a lot of the time!)

Top Bottom