[BTS] BOTM 142: Moulin Scrouge, Prince, starts 4 Nov

In that vein, would it be against the rules of this thread to suggest all the victory conditions I didn't achieve last weekend? :mischief:
Yes, it would be against the rules, since technically, according to the rules, you aren't supposed to post in this thread after starting the game. :eek:

It's really hard for people to judge what information might constitute a spoiler, and it's really easy to accidentally leak info, even when not intending to do so, hence why we have that rule. For example, based on what you wrote, now I know that the game is winnable and therefore there likely isn't a Humbaba lurking near the start. I also know that the game is finishable within a single weekend, so I might draw certain conclusions about the map's layout from that claim. ;)

As for the game itself, I'm considering settling on top of a Happiness Resource (Gems or Gold). Settling on the Gold would frustratingly mean no Lighthouse but does mean 3 nettable Lake-based Seafood Resources early on with +1 Happiness, so it lends itself extremely well to a Bronze-Working-whipping-beeline. You'd also have 3 solid seafood squares to work in order to help with getting Commerce for Iron Working and for getting some Settlers out, since each of those seafood squares offers the same Food that you'd get for a non-Lake seafood square where the City has a Lighthouse, meaning the benefit of a Lighthouse early on without needing to invest research and Hammers in a Lighthouse, which is quite a significant boost for the early game. As long as there is one seafood Resource on a Lake, even a Lake with only 1 square, you can build a Work Boat in any City on that Lake.

Settling on the Gems would make for more of a long-term option, since you could still get a Lighthouse later and would make for a pretty solid Bureaucracy-enhanced Moai location, meaning that the Fish and Clam would get an additional +1 Food later from benefitting from the Lighthouse.

I think that a good approach will be to have the Warrior move 1 W P Dyes Jungle then 1 SW G Jungle (2 S of the P Ivory Jungle), to give maximum info about how to use that Ocean Fish in the south. The Settler can move 1 SW G Gems Jungle and then decide what to do based on what the Warrior reveals... settle on the Gems, move to the Gold, or move to the PH Jungle square where the Warrior started, with each of those locations being strong for slightly different reasons.

For example, if I went for the PH Jungle square, I'd open with a Worker and Hunting. Iron Working would be delayed, but I'd at least have some Roads set up to make good use of Iron Working. Racing to unlock Iron Working but then having to spend several turns with a late-built Worker moving from Unroaded Jungle to Unroaded Jungle doesn't sound particularly efficient to me.

Last edited:
Any victory condition would be fine for me ;)

I just have no interest in beating prince, noble, monarch and so on AIs without some added well let's call them challenges.
In HoF that's getting a win as fast as possible.

Are there really peoples left now who are not sure they will win with *this* land ;)
And nopes, jungle plays no role in that.
This start easily beats any regular immortal & co start, all you need is IW for HoF+

Spoiler threads are up! Sorry for the delay getting them up :blush: You can all thank Dhoomstriker for reminding me :)

Top Bottom