[BTS] BOTM 175 Suryavarman Final Spoiler, game submitted

@krikav Yeah, I'm a bit bummed my auto save got reset during this fiasco. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I was recording everything too, which was going to help me reevaluate everything post game with playback. I was going all out!!

Oh well =/

@DynamicSpirit Nice Domination date!!!! :D

Ooops! I forgot to monitor my land area. Got an unintended domination win in 1720AD, right when I was in the middle of building my spaceship. So instead of a reasonably respectable space date, I'm going to end up with an utterly crap domination date :lol:

Nice theme for the game!

Yup, I checked every turn. Needed to gift/liberate 6 cities to stay under the threshold before going for space.

Got a late conquest victory for this map, mainly as I decided too late to go for it. Logistics were a bit rough in some places, but if I concentrated on conquest from the get go or if anyone did, BC conquest was very possible. Also, I do what I often do and over compensated on units in one direction, sending far too many units up to KK - that long route even with pre-roads - and then he caps after basically taking the first city. Always forget how easy it is to cap AIs on this level.

Mao peacevassaled, and Qin and GK capped after taking 2 cities. It was getting units to GK at the end, that took many many turns because of my lack of planning and commitment.

Toku was first to die with HAs...then Wang, who built GLH for me.

I built Mids, TGL and Notre DAme (chopped right at the end), Ankor Wat, Colossus and HG. Besides Mids obvious importance, the other wonders were just built for the heck of it (well, I did want HG) in cities not contributing to war effort, i.e., too far away. Capture 3 wonders in a Qin city, which oddly were his only 3 wonders and not in his capital.

Libbed Nationalism and later finished Econ on last turn. All irrelevant stuff.

Nice map

Ran out of time at the halfway point.
Lots of resources on this map!

Also, never again will I agree to stop trading with someone just to save -1 diplo.
40 turns later and they still won't talk to me! (Refuses to talk!)

I looked up the mem_decay value and it appears there is a 1 in 30 chance the AI will start speaking to me again each turn. (3.33%)

I looked up the mem_decay value and it appears there is a 1 in 30 chance the AI will start speaking to me again each turn. (3.33%)

I've always wonder if another factor impacts the odds of a particular leader from speaking to you again. I've found that higher peaceweight civs tend to speak again sooner than lower ones. Sometimes within a couple of turns. It just may be random stuff though.

Also, never again will I agree to stop trading with someone just to save -1 diplo.
That's like the only demand I will never cave in to, unless totally down and nearly out or 10-20 turns away from a diplo win. ;)

Ran out of time at the halfway point.
Lots of resources on this map!

So you went for corps? I would really liked to see another space game, especially corps based.

I am still true to state property. Never seen number like these before, can corps really compete unless it's on Marathon?

Spoiler :

Never managed to time the space ship and GAage like this but this was really all like 10 minute plan in the head. It's easy when you have so many good productions spots due to SP workshops.
Spoiler :

edit: i don't understand what's wrong with my imgur links. You can right click > view image on the icon to see the screenies

I've always wonder if another factor impacts the odds of a particular leader from speaking to you again. I've found that higher peaceweight civs tend to speak again sooner than lower ones. Sometimes within a couple of turns. It just may be random stuff though.

It looks like all the mem decay values are the same for all AI, but there might be more code somewhere that changes things. :dunno:

Spoiler :

So you went for corps? I would really liked to see another space game, especially corps based.

I am still true to state property. Never seen number like these before, can corps really compete unless it's on Marathon?

Spoiler :

Never managed to time the space ship and GAage like this but this was really all like 10 minute plan in the head. It's easy when you have so many good productions spots due to SP workshops.
Spoiler :

edit: i don't understand what's wrong with my imgur links. You can right click > view image on the icon to see the screenies

I went for a culture-thru-espionage win, but I blew it!
My chosen AI to relocate to a 1 city island would not talk to me because I gave into a demand to stop trading with him in the distant past.

This 1AD screenshot is as far as I got. (Finished Nationalism, started Machinery)
Spoiler :

State Property can absolutely compete with corporations unless it is a big and small map with plenty of resources.

The corporation spread costs 100:hammers; costs around 78:gold: to spread, has a 13%? chance of failure if a corporation is already present in a city (both hammers and gold are lost in event of failure), and my data indicates that +17:food: from Sushi costs 21:gold: per turn if a Courthouse is present and the Corporation headquarters has Wall Street. (56% inflation)

Sushi just plain costs a fortune to spread and maintain, but the food and culture is fierce.

No one has decisively shown whether corporations or state property is best for fastest space in my opinion.

Top Bottom