[BTS] BOTM 248: Mehmed, Prince - First Spoiler - 1AD

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
BOTM 248: Mehmed, Prince - First Spoiler - 1AD

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, up to 1AD

Reading Requirements
If you are participating in BOTM 248, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
  • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
  • Do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
  • Do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

I settled on the plain hill south and given this was Prince and we got 3-turn warriors out of the gate, gambled on a warrior rush. I captured Thebes in 3040BC and got an extra worker too for my efforts. I went fishing, mining, masonry and also got a workboat out before the first naturally built worker. Built the GW in 2320BC, although I found there to be surprisingly few barbs for raging barbs, even checked the settings whether it was really on. Followed through with Stonehenge but failed, but got some nice cash out of it. Also built the GLH and Pyramids in the capital, in a secondary city Oracled Civil Service. At 1AD I'm at 11 cities and 44 pop. Too bad the northern half of our island is a bit crappy. Tech is at CS, Calendar and MC. I've met all AIs and was hoping for circumnavigation, but there doesn't seem to be a route, at least not an obvious one, directly beyond Arabia and Persia.

Not many reports the last 2 months I see. Mainly @nocho and @Kaitzilla keeping the forum alive :thumbsup:

Any way, I took challenger, because emperor is fine to me.
Settled PH south too. Pumped out some warriors first to fogbust a wide area.
I hooked up stone before working on GW. And because I also had to produce workboats my first exopansion came late. I finished GW with the settler whipped and 2 chops, which also let me finish Stonehenge 2T later. In between the 2nd city was founded aorund 1800BC. No harm at all from raging barbs meanwhile and from here progress of the empire took its usual course.

Kept going with the wonders, Mids and GLH, and going for Colossus and Hanging Gardens after 1AD
At 1Ad at 7 cities and 30 pop. Starting expansion late apparently did hurt. Cities are well developed though. Working on CoL, do have MC, Curr, Cal, Mon, 150 beakers at 100% and -40 maintenance.
Met all Civs, but yeah circumnavigation seems not possible with a workboat.

Top Bottom