BouncyMischa's Civilizations

bouncymischa

Synthetic Genie
While I've uploaded a number of civs that I've made to Steam, I've never quite gotten around to making a thread here on CivFanatics. It's something I always wanted to get around to, but always ended up being pushed back in favor of working on other things. X3 However, as I've been working recently on updating all of my civs, both to improve the code as well as add in compatibility with more of the other mods coming out, I figured now was a good time to start uploading them here as well.

My civilizations are most likely all going to be fictional or imaginary ones -- so far, my main focus has been representing the different "factions" from the Touhou series of games, but at some point I may diversify into working on civs from other properties, or even just posting some of the civs I've made up purely from my own imagination.

Oni Clans
A civilization of drunken and aggressive oni, lead by Suika Ibuki. Its main focus is upon growth and aggressive expansion.

Spoiler :

Unique Unit: Kishin
Replaces the Great General. Reduces the strength of enemy units within 2 tiles by 10%, and provides a bonus to city attacking to nearby friendly units. Cannot construct a Citadel, but can start a Golden Age.

Unique Building: Brewery
Produces +3 Food, as well as +1 Food from Wheat, Bananas, Deer, Wine, Citrus, and Sugar. These bonuses are doubled during Golden Ages. Melee and Recon units trained in a city with a Brewery receive a unique Drunken Master promotion. Replaces the Granary. (Allows the creation of internal trade routes to exchange food as the Granary does.)

Credits:
Kishin model: Nomad or What

Compatibility:

Ryoga's Unique Cultural Influence
JFD's Piety and Prestige
Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Events and Decisions

Evil Spirits
A civilization of sorceresses, necromancy, and armies of the undead, lead by Mima. Its main focus is upon faith generation and military aggression.

Spoiler :

Steam Workshop | CivFanatics not available yet​

Unique Unit: Sorceress

The Sorceress is a unique unit that does not replace any existing unit, and can be built upon the discovery of Philosophy. It possesses a ranged attack similar in strength to the Composite Bowman, but also has the ability to summon Skeletons. Skeletons are melee units whose strength increases depending on era, but cost Faith to summon.

Unique Improvement: Crypt

Requires Pottery. It can be built on any terrain, but Crypts may not be built adjacent to each other. It produces +1 Faith and +1 Gold, which increases to +2 Faith and +2 Gold with the discovery of Theology. It normally cannot be built upon resources, however, an enhanced version of the Crypt called the Relic Crypt can be built upon Artifact Sites, adding +4 Faith and +2 Gold to the tile.

Credits:

The Crypt and Relic Crypt use models originally created for Civ 4 by Walter Hawkwood.
The Sorceress uses textures created by FramedArchitect for his Faerun mod.
The Skeleton model was created by Civitar.
The Wraith model was created by Nomad or What.

Compatibility:

JFD's Piety and Prestige

Events and Decisions

Moriya Shrine

A civilization lead by Kanako Yasaka, a storm goddess who seeks to transform herself into a goddess of technological innovation. Its main focus is upon science and faith generation.

Spoiler :

Unique Unit: Yamato Swordsman

Replaces the Swordsman. Does not require Iron, and gains an additional 1 combat strength for every 4 faith you generate per turn, to a maximum of 6. Upgrades to Musketman.

Unique Improvement: Taisha

Replaces the Temple. It does not have the basic Faith yield of the Temple, but instead generates 1 Faith for every 2 worshippers who follow the majority religion in your capital city.

Credits:

The Yamato Swordsman uses the Mongol Longswordsman model from Danrell's ancient units.

Compatibility:

JFD's Piety and Prestige

Events and Decisions

Forest of Magic

A civilization located in the ominous and deadly Forest of Magic, lead by a perfectly ordinary magician, Marisa Kirisame. Its main focus is upon utilizing forest, jungle and marsh tiles to gain bonuses to food, production, and science.

Spoiler :

Unique Unit: Witch

Replaces the Cannon. It does not need to set up to attack.

Unique Building: Atelier

Replaces the Workshop. In addition to the normal benefits of the Workshop, Forest tiles worked by a city with an Atelier generate +1 Science.

Credits:

The Mushroom Patches use models originally created for Civ 4 by Psychic Llamas.
The Witch uses models and effects created by Nomad or What.

Compatibility:

JFD's Piety and Prestige

Events and Decisions

Ningen no Sato (Human Village)

A civilization of ordinary human villagers, protected by the hakutaku Keine Kamishirasawa. Its main focus is upon improvements and bonus resources.

Spoiler :

Unique Unit: Youkai Hunters

Replaces the Crossbowman. Can travel through terrain like a Scout, and has an increased sight range.

Unique Building: Village Shop

Replaces the Market. Bonus resources within the city's boundaries produce an extra +1 Gold, in addition to the Market's normal effects.

Credits:

The Youkai Hunters use Danrell's Composite Bowman China v2 and Archer Japan, converted from Bakuel's Civ 4 units.

Compatibility:

JFD's Piety and Prestige

Events and Decisions

Hakurei Shrine
A civilization of incident-resolving shrine maidens!

Spoiler :

Steam Workshop | CivFanatics​

Unique Unit: Shrine Maiden

The Shrine Maiden is a unique unit for the Hakurei Shrine, replacing the Great General. It ignores terrain costs, and its combat strength is 25% more than the strongest gun or melee unit that can be trained. It provides Faith when it kills an enemy unit. It also has a 33% bonus against ranged attacks, and may accumulate Bomb Spell Cards by adopting the Organized Religion and Reformation policies, and by constructing the Honden. These spell cards are used automatically when the Shrine Maiden begins the turn with 25 HP or less, or is killed by an enemy attack, and heal the Shrine Maiden for 50 HP while dealing 25 HP damage to adjacent enemy units. The Shrine Maiden can build Holy Sites as well as Citadels.

Unique Building: Donation Box

Replaces the Temple. Does not require maintenance, and provides +2 Gold in addition to the 2 Faith that the Temple provides. Provides an additional +1 Gold and points towards Shrine Maidens for each citizen following your majority religion and each Trade Route travelling to the city.

Credits:
The Hakurei Holy Site uses models converted from EE2 by Walter Hawkwood.
The Shrine Maiden uses the female Shinto missionary converted for Civ 4 by SaibotLieh.

Compatibility:

Dr. Wily's Robot Empire

This mod adds a civilization based on the nefarious Dr. Wily and his Robot Masters from the Mega Man games, lead by Dr. Wily himself! This civ has a focus on military production and scientific advancement!

Spoiler :

Unique Unit: Capsule

The Capsule is a unique unit for Dr. Wily's Robot Empire, replacing the Anti-Tank Gun. While slightly weaker than the Anti-Tank Gun, it is available earlier (with Flight) and is much more mobile.

Unique Unit: Robot Master

The Robot Master is a unique unit for Dr. Wily's Robot Empire. It does not replace any existing unit. It is slightly weaker than the Modern Armor, but increases in combat strength the more Robot Masters there are in the field. It also provides the Great General bonus to nearby units, and starts with additional XP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Art credits:
Leader Icon and Dawn of Man: Dr. Wily portrait by JenL (http://jenl.deviantart.com/art/Dr-Wily-403474168)
Robot Master model: Adapted from Mass Effect Atlas battlemech by Zerver
Capsule model: Adapted from Round Spaceship by woodelf

Music credits:
Peace theme: "Dr. Wily Stage 1/2" (Orchestral Mix) - Megaman 2 by You've Lost Karma! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg17Yd38AtU)
War theme: Megaman 2 - Wily Stage 1 (Symphony) by Jon Sandersen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztv6qfdzy2s)

Modding credits:
A ton of thanks to David Xanatos for suggesting the original concept, and for helping extensively with the art, music, and text for the mod!

Compatibility:

JFD's Piety and Prestige

Dr. Weil's Neo-Arcadia

This mod adds a civilization based on Neo-Arcadia from the Mega Man Zero games, lead by the sinister Dr. Weil! This civ has a focus on production, military conquest, and using your population as a resource!

Spoiler :

Unique Unit: Variant

The Variant is a unique unit for Dr. Weil's Neo-Arcadia, replacing the Infantry. It moves faster than the Infantry it replaces, and gains a 10% bonus to combat strength when adjacent to a friendly unit. It also has four unique promotions available, allowing it to customize its battlefield role.

Unique Improvement: Dome

Available at Engineering. +1 Food and +1 Production. +1 Production and +1 Gold after Industrialization. When built upon Energen Crystals, adds +1 Gold. Can be built in any terrain, but cannot be built adjacent to another Dome. Allows the player to move population from the Capital to the nearby City.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Art credits:
Dawn of Man: Operation Ragnarok by innovator123 (http://fav.me/d903are)
Steam icon: Special Halloween by TomyCase (http://fav.me/d5jo8tg)
Dome model: Adapted from Beyond Earth

Music credits:
Peace theme: Curse of Weil Remix by OrangaStang (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lnm96zkhgU)
War theme: Megaman Zero 4 - Falling Down Epic Orchestra Remix by OrangaStang (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOBfOxDPcQI)

Modding credits:
Thanks to Tomatekh for his Sioux civilization, which provided a basis for the code used for the Domes.
Thanks to Typhlomence for his support and encouragement!

Compatibility:

JFD's Piety and Prestige

Exolt Thraxus' Mothership Omicron

This mod adds a civilization inspired by B Movies and the "ancient astronauts" theory, lead by the alien Exolt Thraxus! Its main focus is on using its unique resources to produce a variety of alien units and buildings, while managing the unhappiness and lack of culture generated by the humans under your control!

Spoiler :

UA: Space Invaders

Can construct unique units and buildings with Alien Crew, Alien Fuel, and Alien Components. Science from bonus resources. Unhappiness from population and policy costs increased by 33%.

UU: Psionic Commander

The Psionic Commander is a unique unit for Mothership Omicron, replacing the Great General. It provides and increased combat bonus to units within 2 tiles, and also terrifies enemy units within 2 tiles, reducing their combat strength. It can also build a Psi Citadel in place of a regular Citadel, which when garrisoned by an Alien land unit provides its abilities to the garrisoned unit.

UB: Omicron Wreckage

The Omicron Wreckage is a unique building for Mothership Omicron, replacing the Palace. It provides unique Alien resources and accelerates the production of Alien units, in addition to its normal yields.

In addition to these uniques, 11 additional unique units and 4 additional unique buildings are available to Mothership Omicron, requiring the unique resources available to the aliens:

Units:

Recon, Augmented Recon, Elite Recon, Armored Recon: Ranged units, the Recon line requires Alien Crew and Alien Components. Produce science when defeating an enemy unit. Recons and Augmented Recons have a penalty when attacking cities, however.

Snakoid, Augmented Snakoid: Melee units, the Snakoid line requires Alien Crew, making a useful alternative when Alien Components are in short supply. Faster than Recons, they make useful skirmish units, and as Melee units instead of Mounted, aren't vulnerable to units such as Pikemen or Lancers.

Saucer, Probeship, Mothership: Seige units, the Saucer line requires Alien Fuel and Alien Components. Capable of travelling over any terrain, the Saucers a definite advantage in the Renaissance and later eras. Have a bonus against cities, but cannot capture them. Probeships and Motherships are capable of carrying Probes and Interceptors, further extending their attack capabilities.

Probe, Interceptor: Air units, the Probe line requires Alien Fuel. Capable of being carried on Probeships and Motherships, the Probes and Interceptors can ensure aerial domination as well as extending the attack range of their carriers.

Buildings:

Psionic Relay: Requires 1 Alien Components. Can be built from the start, providing +2 Happiness, as well as an additional +3 happiness if an Alien land unit (Recon or Snakoid) is garrisoned in the city. Penalizes culture growth in the city by 10%, however.

Logistics Facility: Requires 1 Alien Components, but produces 3 Alien Components. Requires a nearby source of Stone, Iron, or Aluminum, and causes -1 Happiness. The bonus yields from those resources are consumed by the building.

Bioprocessor: Requires 1 Alien Components, but produces 2 Alien Crew. Requires a nearby source of Cows, Horses, or Bison, and causes -1 Happiness. The bonus yields from those resources are consumed by the building.

Promethium Refinery: Requires 1 Alien Components, but produces 2 Alien Fuel. Requires a nearby source of Wheat, Coal, Oil, or Uranium, and causes -1 Happiness. The bonus yields from those resources are consumed by the building.

The mod also includes a unique soundtrack for the aliens. Refer to AlienSoundtrackCredits.rtf for music credits.

Peace Theme: XCOM Enemy Unknown Soundtrack - Enemy Unknown
War Theme: Epic Score - Invasion Force (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOrlu4bszJ8)

Alien Soundtrack:
Deus Ex Human Revolution OST
XCOM Enemy Unknown OST
System Shock 2 OST
Homeworld OST
Einhander OST
R-Type Final OST
Sub Pub Music - Uprising (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxzcTdleDm4)
Immediate Music - Satellite Debris (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Gm26hTi24)
Creepy Alien Music - Alien Invaders by Brandon Fiechter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i_NvRRs7LA)
Epic Alien Music - Galaxy Warriors by Derek and Brandon Fiechter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gziDyKOIeD4)

Modding Credits:

Snakoid and Psionic Commander models by Nomad or What
Mothership model converted form Homeworld by Phaedris
Probeship model made by woodelf

Any screenshots?

EDIT: NVM, I see they're on Steam.

Most of the screenshots are on Steam, yeah. I do have screenshots for Suika's Events and Decisions, which I didn't put on Steam because it's not really available through there yet. I'm still trying to figure out how best to format them to put them here, but maybe I'll just use this for now.

Oni Clans Events and Decisions

Decisions:

Spoiler :

Events:

Spoiler :

Wow. This is probably the most interesting UA I've seen.

I can't quite tell if you're serious, particularly since there are quite a few other unique and interesting UAs out there. But assuming you are, I appreciate the compliment! I think it's a definite improvement on her original UA, which was more vanilla and XML-only. I hadn't learned any lua at the point I made Suika's civ originally, so it didn't include any. The new version does a much better job of evoking the "oni kidnapping humans" concept.

Now I just have to hope that she's a strong enough military threat. I've noticed in my recent games that the Mongols and Huns are posing a more significant threat than they did in the past, and they along with the Zulus all seem to do a good job on the path of conquest. So I'm hoping I can get Suika up to that level...

Nice to see you've made yourself a fresh thread for your civilizations. :)
Now I just have to hope that she's a strong enough military threat. I've noticed in my recent games that the Mongols and Huns are posing a more significant threat than they did in the past, and they along with the Zulus all seem to do a good job on the path of conquest. So I'm hoping I can get Suika up to that level...

I think you could play with the leader flavours to get more aggressive behaviour. I played around with them a few times with Bowser after the first test I did had him quickly wiped out by Ashurbanipal. A couple of tweaks and he easily conquered Oda Nobunaga. Though that could be just luck, of course. :p But regardless, Here's a link to the spreadsheet for all the default leaders so you can have some idea of what values an aggressive leader would have; hopefully it's helpful in some way.

Also your presentation of events and decisions are the same as other modders around here (like JFD) so don't worry about that. Unless you want to show what the decisions actually are.

Nice to see you've made yourself a fresh thread for your civilizations. :)

Thanks! Now I can't recall if I made an old thread for my civs, or not... <.<;; Oh well... I obviously wasn't using it :p

I think you could play with the leader flavours to get more aggressive behaviour. I played around with them a few times with Bowser after the first test I did had him quickly wiped out by Ashurbanipal. A couple of tweaks and he easily conquered Oda Nobunaga. Though that could be just luck, of course. :p But regardless, Here's a link to the spreadsheet for all the default leaders so you can have some idea of what values an aggressive leader would have; hopefully it's helpful in some way.

Also your presentation of events and decisions are the same as other modders around here (like JFD) so don't worry about that. Unless you want to show what the decisions actually are.

I have been tweaking Suika's flavors a bit. Her original flavors were based heavily on Mongolia, but she didn't seem to be terribly successful at warmongering. Then again, neither did Mongolia in the past. :p After the Zulus came out, I noticed that if you left them alone (like them ending up on a separate continent) that they'd nearly always end up taking out someone else's capital, so they became kind of the standard for a good AI warmongering civ. X3

I'll drop her in my games as an AI when doing more playtesting, and see how she does.

"It's not the men we fear, sir, it's the evil spirits!"

I've been working at getting my Evil Spirits civ updated next, as it needed some tweaks anyways. I've submitted the mod file for upload to civfanatics, but it hasn't gone through yet. Once it's available for download, I'll add its link to the OP.

Evil Spirits Events and Decisions

Decisions:

Spoiler :

Events:

Spoiler :

For more information regarding Mima's UA:

Libraries produce an additional +1 Faith, Universities produce an additional +2 Faith, Artifact Sites produce +2 Faith, and Hidden Artifact Sites produce +4 Faith.

The spells Mima can cast at the start of a war have the following effects:
Enchantment Spell - all units gain 25% attack bonus
Ward Spell - all cities gain city strength proportional to the amount of faith per turn they generate
Summoning Spell - summons a Spectre unit from each Crypt

Never been a huge fan of non-historical civs, but these are brilliantly made. There's something so unique about these that can't really be done with real life civs due to historical restrictions.

Nice release!
(Brilliant UA, again :D)

Something has yet to beat this in terms of uniqueness.

Nice civs regardless. Would probably try them if I knew anything about the animes in question. EDIT: Oops, my bad. They're from Touhou. Still, don't know anything about Touhou either.

Though this does make me think of potential Naruto civs... Who knows.

Yikes! My thread has gotten rather lively since I updated it this morning. XD

What are the effects of the decisions?

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to provide more information on the decisions. Originally, I was figuring I'd just provide the screenshots I did, since I know JFD tends to post his similarly. On the other hand, it's probably easier to figure out what his historical decisions do than mine. I took some new screenshots to provide the text for each, but I noticed that, since I normally take the screenshots at the start of the game, some of the costs aren't as high as they typically would be. The Drinking Party decision, for example, costs 100 gold for each city you have. Mima's Search for Ancient Artifacts costs 200 gold per era, so in the Industrial Era (when it becomes available to use) it costs 1000 gold, but at the start of the game it appears to only cost 200 gold.

Still, I'll update my posts with the newer screenshots. In the future, I'll have to try and get the screenshots at more appropriate points during the game, to give a better sense of the actual costs for each one. :3

Nice release!
(Brilliant UA, again :D)

Something has yet to beat this in terms of uniqueness.

Nice civs regardless. Would probably try them if I knew anything about the animes in question. EDIT: Oops, my bad. They're from Touhou. Still, don't know anything about Touhou either.

Though this does make me think of potential Naruto civs... Who knows.

Thanks to you both! I'm glad you like them!

I did comment to Natan earlier that I don't think my civs are quite as unique as what gets put out by some of the other modders -- I'm always one step behind, learning from them and getting inspiration for new ideas, but never quite able to make something quite as innovative as what they do. Still, I am glad I can accomplish what I have!

Never been a huge fan of non-historical civs, but these are brilliantly made. There's something so unique about these that can't really be done with real life civs due to historical restrictions.

Thanks! I suppose I'm so involved in the process of making these civs that I'm never really sure how they'll be received, so it's a relief to hear that I've succeeded in making them unique and flavorful.

It is one of the fun parts of working with fictional civs, though -- being able to step beyond the limitations of historical realism to make something more fantastical.

Figured out why I was having trouble uploading the Evil Spirits to Civfanatics -- most of my civs are just over 10 Mb in size, putting them over the upload limit. For now, any files that are too large I'll keep on my dropbox, unless anyone has better suggestions for them.

In the meantime, I've been making some good progress getting Events and Decisions (as well as other updates) done on more civs! Next one up is the Moriya Shrine!

Moriya Shrine Events and Decisions

Decisions:

Spoiler :

Events:

Spoiler :

Have i mentioned he fact that you are brilliant?
(Again, that UA. :D)

Top Bottom