Branch "Challenge" - Candidate for Release 2.8.1. - for testing [OBSOLETE]

I can not change the produktion yield in the city tile.
It change visuelly but in the next round it change back.
I can confirm that. :thumbsup:
For e.g. switching from Indigo to Cotton.

But when I checked in my current save:
* The text on top of the Pop-Up says, it is "only a guideline for the City Governor and he may switch it back".
* Indigo indeed has a higher Sell Price in Europe than Cotton.

Since I did not implement the feature myself, I am not sure though if that is not the "desired behaviour" of the feature. :dunno:
Maybe there are good reasons for this. (And maybe in previous version CityAI was simply not smart enough for that.)

I personaly would prefer myself if CityAI would respect my setting though.
And if I remember correctly it even did in previous DLL versions - but I may also be wrong about that. :confused:

The main difference between last DLL and this DLL are the AI improvements of devolution.
I am 100% sure that I did not change this myself and my recent changes were mostly about other small improvements (e.g. "Profession Settler").

@devolution
Could this have resulted (as side effect) from your recent AI improvements?
Do you know who implemented the feature "City Plot Yield Selection"?

Edit:
It somehow seems to be definitely broken. :confused:
(It somehow does not store the setting anymore.)

Even for Tobacco and Hemp it always switches back to Hemp after I set it to Tobacco.
(But Tobacco has a much better Sell Price than Hemp.)

Edit 2:

I think I know what is going wrong and can correct it. :)
(It seems to be a "bug" in the original feature design.)

@devolution
I will take care of this. :thumbsup:
I do not think it resulted from your recent AI improvements.

Last edited:
Hallo, I guess I have played with this mod since the birth of Religion and Revolution and I just adore it! Every version creates an new adventure and a new dimension :)

After about 250 turns I realize that the loading time for each turn is longer, even in the early stage. Compare to 2.8.
Sometimes the standard resource in the plot of the City changes without using a Pioneer, Tobacco turns into Hemp, for example.
Ship Wreckages has dissapered from the map so the meaning of explore the ocean with ships to gather experience is gone.

The new unit Settler is a masterpiece! As a player you have to shift the focus from just create a new Colony and plan a little bit more. The feeling is that you now are a real Colonist :)

@Nenos
Thanks for reporting that CityAI would overwrite settings of Human Player. :thumbsup:
(And yes, that should not happen. Human should always be able to decide.)

This is corrected now as well. :)
I attached a new DLL with that fix to the starting post.

By the way:
This new DLL is save game compatible.
You can just replace the old DLL and your settings should get stored.

Last edited:
I guess I have played with this mod since the birth of Religion and Revolution and I just adore it! Every version creates an new adventure and a new dimension :)
The new unit Settler is a masterpiece! As a player you have to shift the focus from just create a new Colony and plan a little bit more. The feeling is that you now are a real Colonist :)
That is feedback we of course like to hear. :)

After about 250 turns I realize that the loading time for each turn is longer, even in the early stage. Compare to 2.8.
Hm, turn loading times are kind of hard to measure - because there are so many different variables that impact it - but it is possible that they are now a bit longer.
The biggest factor however will be number of AI cities and AI Units - AI is a bit stronger now and will thus have more of them.

Sometimes the standard resource in the plot of the City changes without using a Pioneer, Tobacco turns into Hemp, for example.
That is gone now with the newest updated DLL I attached to the starting post of the thread. :thumbsup:
It was related to the feature "Select Central City Plot Yield" --> simply click the Central City Plot in City Screen if you do not know the feature yet.

Ship Wreckages has dissapered from the map so the meaning of explore the ocean with ships to gather experience is gone.
What? :confused:
I tested with a new game today and they were all there.

Maybe you are playing a messed up / outdated Scenario Map where the "Random Goodies" setting was not set by the Map Creator and the Map Creator also forgot to manually place them.
Many of these old Scenario Maps are simply extremely outdated ...

Simply check e.g. "Two Continents" Map or create a Map by Map Script, I promise the Water Goodies will be there.

Last edited:
What? :confused:
I tested with a new game today and they were all there.

Maybe you are playing a messed up / outdated Scenario Map where the "Random Goodies" setting was not set by the Map Creator and the Map Creator also forgot to manually place them.
Many of these old Scenario Maps are simply extremely outdated ...

Simply check e.g. "Two Continents" Map or create a Map by Map Script, I promise the Water Goodies will be there.[/QUOTE]

I guess that you are completly right. Before I used "FaireWeatherTweakEx", started a new game using "FaireWeather" and they are right there. So I´ll continue testing ;)

Before I used "FaireWeatherTweakEx", ...
The Water Goodies are also be created by "FaireWeatherTweakEx".
I am pretty sure that all MapScripts create them.

Could this have resulted (as side effect) from your recent AI improvements?
Do you know who implemented the feature "City Plot Yield Selection"?
Sorry about that oversight and thank you for correcting it :)

I attached a new DLL with that fix
On a recent game, I had the same issue and was puzzled by why the yield changed.
It was related to the feature "Select Central City Plot Yield" --> simply click the Central City Plot in City Screen if you do not know the feature yet.
And that's a feature a I didn't know about! Always learning.

Unrelated to the quotes, i went pretty deep in a game, to the point it was a sure victory against all other AI players, was just a matter of playing it out. Went a little too tall on my capital city, had a lot of happiness problems, something to improve in future runs. But no bugs, except that city center yield thing. Will get the new DLL and pull the new code as well.

... except that city center yield thing.
As I said, with my newest DLL (recently attached this Saturday) that will not happen anymore.
Once the player assigns a CenterCityPlotYield explicitly, the CityAI will not change it again.

Otherwise it may try to assign another one with higher value.
For Colonial AI players it will still always try to assign the best CityCenterPlotYield.

I found a new thing or I could have missed something. This "problem" is also in ver 2.8.

The King asked me to accept a raise of the taxes. I denied and accepted that I can´t continue trade with that yield or product.

The result is that I lost one of my merged Treasuries I got waiting in the mayor colony. (I had three merged to 3000 gold and one with 2329, after the denied two merged 3000 and one 2329)

The King asked me to accept a raise of the taxes. I denied and accepted that I can´t continue trade with that yield or product.
The result is that I lost one of my merged Treasuries I got waiting in the mayor colony.
There is absolutely nothing in the code that would explain that. :confused:
(Just checked the code again.)

We also did not modify that part of the code since RaR.
It also never happened to me either.

-----

Maybe you were just clicking or hitting enter too fast / too often or anything like that.
(Basically clicking through 2 dialogues popping up at once.)

Thus you might have accidently sold your treasure without really noticing.

Last edited:
@raystuttgart I tried the 2.8.1 version of the mod, here are a few observations:

1. In RaR Americas - Gigantic, Portugal starts without a Settler - it is provided by the King in Europe at first turn alongside a tax increase, instead of being included on the starting Carrack. I addressed it with a minor edit.

This map would greatly benefit from ability to choose colonial leaders, any advice how to add it without breaking anything?

2. Only 2 city plot DLL is provided in this thread.

Attachments

• WTP Americas Gigantic.7z
    97.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: nci
In RaR Americas - Gigantic, Portugal starts without a Settler
@nci
Thanks for noticing and directly correcting it. :thumbsup:
(I uploaded your file to "Challenge" - after testing - as "RaR Americas Gigantic" though, thus overwriting the old file.)

Last edited:
@raystuttgart thank you!

Regarding
This map would greatly benefit from ability to choose colonial leaders, any advice how to add it without breaking anything?
Is it possible to assign a particular colonial nation in the WBS file to a particular player without specifying a leader? I tried messing around, to no avail.

Also, I attach GlobalArtDefines.xml with adjusted FOW_WAS_VISIBLE_COLOR & FOW_MINIMAP_WAS_VISIBLE_COLOR . I believe it is a worthy minor change for official release.

Attachments

• GlobalArtDefines.xml
    8.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Testing 2.8.1 with 1 city plot DLL, runs much more stable than 2.8 so far.

We should probably replace the Cavalry with Dragoon for Portugal in RaR Americas - Gigantic, to make it in line with other colonial nations.

Testing 2.8.1 with 1 city plot DLL, runs much more stable than 2.8 so far.

Generally 2.8.1 has fixed several small bugs and also added improvmements compared to 2.8. So yes, 2.8.1 is better than 2.8.
But 2.8. was also already really stable - there was not 1 single issue known that could cause a CTD.

2-Plot-DLL or 1-Plot-DLL does not make any difference considering stability.
Considering performance 1-Plot-DLL will be better in endgame - because cities will be smaller.

Considering balancing 2-Plot-DLL is much better though.
(Many features like "Domestic Market, "Health" or "Happniness" are balanced for 2-Plot-DLL.)

@raystuttgart I had a number of crashes with 2.8, mostly within 20 turns after launching the game - but no crashes with 2.8.1 so far. I also further tweaked my CivilizationIV.ini file lately, maybe it helped.

As someone who played the hell out of original Colonization, I am very thankful that WTP and prior mods include 1 city plot option despite being balanced for 2 city plot.

I would probably play 2 city plot if it wasn't as restrictive in terms of city placement even with Reduced colony distance setting enabled. Generally preferring smaller cities tightly packed together, I direly miss the ability to place 2 continental cities within 1 plot of each other, and having to build forts or wait for culture to build up in order to place cities 2 plots from each other is not friendly when settling larger islands either.

Thus, I end up playing with 1 city plot DLL, which imposes different problems - lack of food and therefore need for city specialization, which are however fun to solve.

Last edited:
The units on the home are sorted but they don't put the settler unit at the first point. Check out the English AI.
by the way. In which file are the modifier?

Attachments

• Thermo Nucleus AD-1667-September.ColonizationSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 68
Top Bottom