Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would deny Venice. All the clues we've gotten ever since April has led us here; Republic of Venice in BNW

i cant wait for the shashone to be revealed so i can post a great big "i told you so"/account-suicide thread.

New information from civ.org.pl:

New info: Premiere of expansion has been moved to October .

It's terrible information... I'm heartbroke. ;(

New information from civ.org.pl:

New info: Premiere of expansion has been moved to October .

It's terrible information... I'm heartbroke. ;(

No, it isn't.

PS we have spies among the Polish forums.

I doubt they would have announced a release date unless they were absolutely sure that it was going to be done by then - remember G&K, they didn't reveal the release date until a month or two out IIRC. I doubt they'd set a specific day unless they were fairly confident of it, not to mention that three months is a significant delay. Besides, nothing has come up on the FB page, so I doubt it's true. Maybe the other sites are just jealous of the hivemind?

From the Polish forum. Azazel:
Krajzen. Venice and Szoszoni a fake! It was made ​​up. Friends told me that it was revealed on a Russian forum ..

I know two missing civilizations, but they are neither Venice, Tibet, the Vatican or some Szoszoni:>

A hint that one of the two civilizations are in Africa>, never betray.

Translate by Google.

Clearly he must be talking about the Vandals of North Africa! :lol:

From the Polish forum. Azazel:

Quote:

Krajzen. Venice and Szoszoni a fake! It was made ​​up. Friends told me that it was revealed on a Russian forum ..

I know two missing civilizations, but they are neither Venice, Tibet, the Vatican or some Szoszoni:>

A hint that one of the two civilizations are in Africa>, never betray.

Translate by Google.

Clearly he must be talking about the Vandals of North Africa! :lol:

Honestly, the Yoruba still fits the alphabet and there's been no city state deconfirmations (of course their empire was technically called Oyo but I can see them calling it after the people). It's just been accepted the last two spots were Venice and a NA native.

Honestly, the Yoruba still fits the alphabet and there's been no city state deconfirmations (of course their empire was technically called Oyo but I can see them calling it after the people). It's just been accepted the last two spots were Venice and a NA native.

The Yoruba would be so super extra awesome, but I don't believe it, it's Venice.

It's not like it's Venice or Africa. We know that one has to be European. It might be Venice and an African civ, but they aren't mutually exclusive.

It's going to be the Vandals. They're both European and African(due to location) at the same time and they fit with the Alphabet theory as well as being a hypercube nomadic barbarian civ. :p

Peeps, it's Shoshone, not Shashone.

is Belgium the last european civ.

and the others african ones might be Zimbabwe,and Kongo are the only civs which are missing in the african puzzle.

We kind of need a thread for the combined theories :p

Alphabet theory is based on the Steam achievements: the known civs already have one, but the unknown ones just have an achievement code. However, because the achievements are in alphabetical order by civilization, we can tell where in the alphabet the unknown civs are. In this case, both civs are located between the P (of Portugal) and Z (of Zulu).

Can someone please explain to a new civ fanatic as to what exactly the alphabet system is and how it works?

The alphabet theory is based on the fact that the "Win as X" achievements are listed in an alphabetical order of the civilization's noun (i.e America) without in some cases "The" (i.e The is omitted from the alphabetical order)

With Brave New World, once we know 5 of the 9 civs, it came to something like that

Assyria
Brazil
???
???
Poland
Portugal
???
???
Zulu

and well enough, Morocco and Indonesia fit perfectly between Brazil and Poland, so know we know that the next two civs are going to be between Portugal and Zulu.

The alphabet theory is based on the fact that the "Win as X" achievements are listed in an alphabetical order of the civilization's noun (i.e America) without in some cases "The" (i.e The is omitted from the alphabetical order)

With Brave New World, once we know 5 of the 9 civs, it came to something like that

Assyria
Brazil
???
???
Poland
Portugal
???
???
Zulu

and well enough, Morocco and Indonesia fit perfectly between Brazil and Poland, so know we know that the next two civs are going to be between Portugal and Zulu.
This question comes up so often, there should be a sticky explaining it - and the wikivenetian color thingy.

Hey All:
I know we're not supposed to post new threads about unconfirmed civs, but I think this information deserves to be seen by those who don't really want to read discussion about the Sioux or the definition of a hyper-cube.

THE DAMNING EVIDENCE
So a user named [REDACTED] recently posted that the final two civs were Venice and the Shoshone. If the link seems a little confusing, it's cuz [REDACTED] post which first reference the "Szoszoni" has since been edited. Subsequent discussion about them is still there, but it's harder to contextualize.

"Older" users may recognize the name [REDACTED] from 3 years ago where [REDACTED] for REDACTED by posting a bunch of screenshots for CFC. Our source for the Shoshone has been known to [REDACTED] in the past (and has been punished in the past, hence the edit of the original post).

THE CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE
Spoiler This is a Shoshone Warrior :

Notice the tomahawk

S is between P and Z

THE GRASSY KNOLL THEORIES
The Shoshone were Nomadic, and are the hyper-cube civ as such.
The Shoshone have a potential female leader to balance out the BNW beards

Sorry if this is a duplicate Shoshone thread. I could have sworn I saw one posted before, but perhaps it was deleted. Perhaps one of the mods knows something we don't?

"Personal history" of the source-leaker removed from post. Previous thread was deleted. Apparently I narrowly avoided a week-long ban.

If I had to guess I'd say the moderator who deleted the thread is part of the Frankenstein group and he's trying to damage control the original Polish post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom