Brazil discussion thread

I love it. I'm actually getting really psyched in Uakti, those guys are AMAZING! But I don't know... even if it would be cool for Brazil, it's out of option because they're really not that well known outside - and then there's the copyright issue.

I think it will be Heitor Villa-Lobos, as I've said in the OST thread (especially because his name has already popped up in an official BNW video as a great artist). And I'd rather have him, to be honest... Uakti sounds too tribal for what Brazil's culture really is.

Nothing fits Pedro like this first composition:

Link to video.

Link to video.

Link to video.

P.S - Há TANTOS portugueses e brasileiros aqui! Nunca imaginei! É excelente termos os nossos dois países irmãos representados :)

*wall of text and cool videos*

P.S - Há TANTOS portugueses e brasileiros aqui! Nunca imaginei! É excelente termos os nossos dois países irmãos representados :)

I LOVED the last song! It would be perfect for Brasil. If this is our theme song, I'll play it 9/10 games. If it isn't, I'll change it to be that, so awesome!

About your P.S., you are right, there are a lot of brazilians playing Civ! Much more than I expected. We should all add each other on steam and play MP sometimes.

And here goes a War theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkrDX7rV9Fw

Or this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU_M70C_xlg

I mean, look at the name.

Yes, we totally should (even though 1 month after the game is released I'm actually moving to Brazil until January, and my laptop doesn't run it as well as my desktop - and seriously, if I'm going there for 6 months I'd rather do something else but play Civ :p )

I'm actually rather confused if some of us are Portuguese or Brazilians! I know you're Brazilian and I'm Portuguese, but some others have confusing nicknames/avatars and no public location. :D

Yes, we totally should (even though 1 month after the game is released I'm actually moving to Brazil until January, and my laptop doesn't run it as well as my desktop - and seriously, if I'm going there for 6 months I'd rather do something else but play Civ :p )

I'm actually rather confused if some of us are Portuguese or Brazilians! I know you're Brazilian and I'm Portuguese, but some others have confusing nicknames/avatars and no public location. :D

Haha I agree, it is quite confusing. 5 minutes ago I could swear you were Brazilian, though :lol: Anyway, I live in the south. If anyone here wants to add me on steam, please go ahead, I go by the same nickname. ;)

They're definitely using a Villa-Lobos piece.

BTW, about the Brazilwood camp. While I believe there were better options for the UB/UI, I think it is an interesting way to represent "extrativismo" in general, wich is still a pretty important economical activity in some regions of Brazil.

I can't even begin to imagine an orchestral representation of songs like these, but surely it would be awesome! :sad:

Great choice for leader. In my opinion, Pedro II was the greatest brazilian of all time. A truly honest, hard working man that devoted his entire life to the country. Brazil enjoyed 58 years of prosperity under his rule.

It's a shame what happened to the country after him and it's a shame that so many brazilians today don't have any idea of what happened in that period...

Moderator Action: Please do not post ID's in the main forum. If you wish to invite someone to play MP, please do so via Private Message or in the MP forum. This is not the place. Thanks.

We could play an All-Brazilian multiplayer game!

I was thinking about Brazil's color. Why does it have two types of green?
I think it would be nice to have yellow and dark green as the color theme.

Because India, really! :lol: I think Firaxis would have gone with Gold on Dark Green to if it weren't for India! Freakin' Gandhi!...

I loved those Villa-Lobos pieces. Hard to see what other composer they could pick for Pedro's theme, really.

Because India, really! :lol: I think Firaxis would have gone with Gold on Dark Green to if it weren't for India! Freakin' Gandhi!...

Oh, I forgot India :blush:
Well, the colors could be inverted, but it wouldn't be nice. The yellow has to be the inner color..

EDIT: India actually wouldn't be a problem. They have a light green with a gold/orange color. Brazil could be dark green with yellow.

Top Bottom