1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Brazil discussion thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by DudewiththeFood, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Liex

Liex King

Do we know the Brazilwood Camp's exact yields?

2. Luziadus

Luziadus Warlord

For me this will do the Brazilian Theme:

[YOUTUBE-OLD]P4wFePqtCP4[/YOUTUBE-OLD]

:)

3. Ricard.Bossle

Ricard.Bossle Chieftain

Breathtaking music! Barbaridade!
    I completely agree with you.

4. pedropavani

pedropavani Warlord

Wow... such a great song, could really give a nice Peace and War theme O_O

5. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

The music fits Pedro II well as a leader who looks serious but secretly loves to party.

6. iRule

iRule Warlord

I love it. I'm actually getting really psyched in Uakti, those guys are AMAZING! But I don't know... even if it would be cool for Brazil, it's out of option because they're really not that well known outside - and then there's the copyright issue.

I think it will be Heitor Villa-Lobos, as I've said in the OST thread (especially because his name has already popped up in an official BNW video as a great artist). And I'd rather have him, to be honest... Uakti sounds too tribal for what Brazil's culture really is.

Nothing fits Pedro like this first composition:

Link to video.

Link to video.

Link to video.

P.S - Há TANTOS portugueses e brasileiros aqui! Nunca imaginei! É excelente termos os nossos dois países irmãos representados :)

7. Petiscator

Petiscator King

I LOVED the last song! It would be perfect for Brasil. If this is our theme song, I'll play it 9/10 games. If it isn't, I'll change it to be that, so awesome!

About your P.S., you are right, there are a lot of brazilians playing Civ! Much more than I expected. We should all add each other on steam and play MP sometimes.

And here goes a War theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkrDX7rV9Fw

Or this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU_M70C_xlg

I mean, look at the name.

8. iRule

iRule Warlord

Yes, we totally should (even though 1 month after the game is released I'm actually moving to Brazil until January, and my laptop doesn't run it as well as my desktop - and seriously, if I'm going there for 6 months I'd rather do something else but play Civ :p )

I'm actually rather confused if some of us are Portuguese or Brazilians! I know you're Brazilian and I'm Portuguese, but some others have confusing nicknames/avatars and no public location. :D

9. Petiscator

Petiscator King

Haha I agree, it is quite confusing. 5 minutes ago I could swear you were Brazilian, though :lol: Anyway, I live in the south. If anyone here wants to add me on steam, please go ahead, I go by the same nickname. ;)

10. GFNeves

GFNeves Chieftain

They're definitely using a Villa-Lobos piece.

BTW, about the Brazilwood camp. While I believe there were better options for the UB/UI, I think it is an interesting way to represent "extrativismo" in general, wich is still a pretty important economical activity in some regions of Brazil.

11. altayrneto

altayrneto Prince

12. Ricardo_

Ricardo_ Warlord

I can't even begin to imagine an orchestral representation of songs like these, but surely it would be awesome! :sad:

13. HipNozY

HipNozY Chieftain

This one is definitely my favorite as the theme for Brazil :]

Também estou surpreso com isso :p

14. Arkymedes

Arkymedes Chieftain

Great choice for leader. In my opinion, Pedro II was the greatest brazilian of all time. A truly honest, hard working man that devoted his entire life to the country. Brazil enjoyed 58 years of prosperity under his rule.

It's a shame what happened to the country after him and it's a shame that so many brazilians today don't have any idea of what happened in that period...

15. Ricard.Bossle

Ricard.Bossle Chieftain

Moderator Action: Please do not post ID's in the main forum. If you wish to invite someone to play MP, please do so via Private Message or in the MP forum. This is not the place. Thanks.

We could play an All-Brazilian multiplayer game!

16. HipNozY

HipNozY Chieftain

I was thinking about Brazil's color. Why does it have two types of green?
    I think it would be nice to have yellow and dark green as the color theme.

17. JSMCAG

JSMCAG King

Because India, really! :lol: I think Firaxis would have gone with Gold on Dark Green to if it weren't for India! Freakin' Gandhi!...

18. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

I loved those Villa-Lobos pieces. Hard to see what other composer they could pick for Pedro's theme, really.

19. HipNozY

HipNozY Chieftain

Oh, I forgot India :blush:
    Well, the colors could be inverted, but it wouldn't be nice. The yellow has to be the inner color..

EDIT: India actually wouldn't be a problem. They have a light green with a gold/orange color. Brazil could be dark green with yellow.

20. GenjiKhan

GenjiKhan Emperor

Another great brazilian composer is Carlos Gomes . His most famous work could work wonderfully well for a war theme and possibly,a peace theme:

Link to video.