Bronze & Iron

It seems as if the files on the bronze/ Iron mod are no longer working. is there any way that you could give me some working ones? a also when I open the mod from the zip on a old thread even if im at peace with a civ my units can attack them and they attack me , yet im still at peace with that civ? maybe you know whats going on

No, it's working. You should be able to download the latest version. I have done that 10 min ago... if not then send me a pm and I can send it to you in other way.
I don't know if you noticed that you can download units now? All links are restored.

In a Bronze Age era all basic units for all civs have hidden nationality. I have done that to simulate rides, for riches and gold, settlements sacking without warring, etc. as well now AI annihilates thousands of other AI units. You can even play on large map in debug mode, look on everything and game is slowing down at all because of that settings.
I should finish units descriptions to make it clear for players but I have no time right now.

Last edited:
All units have nationalities except those you can build at the beginning without any technology or resources like cycladic warrior, trojan warrior, aegean spearman, etc. Settlers, workers, and scouts have nationalities.
Those units are nor very strong but ideal for making any problems to other AI players.... and to human player :)

Love this mod! Thank you so much!
About the last bit "The animations where not swapped yet with flc's from B&I Units Pack's page. No time right now."
Does it mean that the lastest flc is from the Units Pack, or the ones inside the mod are already up-to-date?
Thanks again!

Also, after a peace treaty, AI starts building neutral instead of their faction units. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you.

Also, after a peace treaty, AI starts building neutral instead of their faction units. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you.
Nevermind, I think I understand now that's the hidden nationality mechanism.

Nevermind, I think I understand now that's the hidden nationality mechanism.
In general, the Civ3-AI loves the Hidden Nationality unit-ability, and may/will often build those units to the exclusion of better ones.

For example, in the Sengoku scenario, the AI will often spam Ninjas (A.D.M=6.2.1, requires Jade, unit-abilities HN, All Terrain As Roads, Amphibious, Stealth-Attack, Invisible) in preference over stronger attackers such as Mounted Samurai (A.D.M=7.7.2, requires Horses + Iron, Blitz), Samurai Archers (A.D.M=6.3.1, B.R.F=3.1.1, no resources, Amphibious), and even Samurai Arqebusiers (A.D.M=10.8.1, B.R.F=8.3.2 [IIRC], requires Saltpeter, Amphibious).

And then, instead of assigning its Ninja to their primary purpose of infiltrating and assassinating opponents' Daimyo (the Scenario uses the Regicide option) — and despite the fact that the Civ3 engine allows AI-Civs (but not the Human) to use HN-units to attack/capture opponents' cities during peacetime — it will tend to use them mainly to kidnap its opponents' Workers :crazyeye:

I really enjoy this wonderful scenario! However there are some minor text and civipedia bugs that need fixing. Wonder if I can contribute to help update the files?

The mod has been updated. To install it you need to backup your vanilla files and replace it with mod files.

Conquest's files are in Conquest/Conquest folder.

List of fixes and changes:
Civilopedia units descriptions added and minor text errors fixed
title.pcx - changed
Era Splashes palettes - fixed and new images added to Extras folder
Leaderheads - palettes fixed
Advisors - palettes fixed
Carthaginian Elephant - pedia icon - fixed
Dorian Swordsman - pedia icon - fixed
Kartli Archer and Horseman pedia icons - fixed
Hittite Warrior - pedia lg and sm icons - added
Siege Archer - pedia lg icons - changed
Pyrrhic Horseman and Archer pedia icons - fixed
Italic Setler - pedia icon - fixed
Iberian Horseman - missing sounds - fixed
Late Iberian Swordsman - missing sounds - fixed
Late Iberian Spearman - missing sounds - fixed
Iberian Warrior - flcs changed
Iberian chariot new unit - added
Nubian Levy Archer - upgrade error - fixed
Late Gaelic Swordsman had stone required to build instead iron - fixed
Oxen Settlers - 1 defense point added
Early Etruscan Swordsmen, Goliath, Kush Clubman, Nubian Chariot - blitz ability fixed
Tech elephant domestication link - fixed
Assyrian Civilization - trade link - fixed
Italic Army had no sounds - fixed

All firing units have now bombard ability
Fortification now available with Tools
Catapults and Siege Tower now available with Mathematics
Onager catapult new unit - added to Mechanism

Holy Relic added to several Great Wonders and 2 Small Wonders, description in game
Mesopotamian like palace view added to replace all vanilla place views.

Last edited:
Thank you, this is good news!
Can you upload a copy to some other cloud that doesn't require authorization when trying to download a file?

Salut! Thank you for such a pretty mode, I had to postpone my job duties for a couple days, had too much fun playing it, thank you :crazyeye:

Last edited:
Top Bottom