Bronze & Iron

register

Prince
Bronze and Iron Mod

Bronze and Iron Mod spans from 1800BC to the beginning of the Roman domination around 1st century BC.

Bronze & Iron Unit Pack

Illyrians, Italics, Veneti unit pack Part I

Illyrians, Italics, Veneti unit pack Part II

Miscellaneous - Rerendered

Akkad, Kart Hadasht, Mercenaries and Miscellaneous

Theban Sacred Band

Credits to Ares de Borg, Balam-Agab, Balthasar, Big Bopper, CamJH, Delta_Strife, gwendoline, Keroro, Kinboat, Kyriakos, Micaelus, Moeniir, Plotinus, Rambuchan, Ronninn, Rob (R8XFT), Sandris ,Steph, The Guardian, Vuldacon, utahjazz7.

The Mod was split to two different biq's EasternMed and WesternMed in order to make 46 playable civilizations. The mod files which you can swap over default WesternMed version are in Conquest/Conquest folder. There is also Extras folder with alternative city sets, era splashes and terrains.

units line1_zpsqd9yu4gs.jpg
units line2_zps1hic5v99.jpg

Civ3Conquests_XEnwetw2Kr.jpg
Civ3Conquests_3lD5acQqmz.jpg

hv4UTotrLp.jpg

Civ3Conquests_DJX0dzthhT.jpg
etruscan.jpg
Civ3Conquests-Unmodded_4Dx0fm3qj4.jpg
Civ3Conquests-Unmodded_Sy29CUniZA.jpg
Civ3Conquests-Unmodded_YZhOsiObDp.jpg

Last edited:
The last thing is about units32 palette, probably palette. I know that 32.pcx's taken form Sandris are ok. I used it before in other mods, there where fine. But in my mod if I go into civilopedia in the game, 95% or units are ok but some of them are pink and white icons are not loading.

This is not due to the unit 32s. If the small icons on the civilopedia page are showing up pink, it's because the civilopedia must pull the icon from the unit32 instead of the small.pcx in your pediaicons text file. Probably you forgot to put part of this: #ICON_PRTO_ Double check the pediaicons for each one that is pink.

As well as with flavors I need someone to help me with leaderheads in the game. Something is wrong with them. I copied all from the other mods and everything is fine there but not in my mod

Can you be more specific? Is this all occurring in the first era? Do they work fine on the Civ selection screen at the beginning of the game? Do you have four eras of leaderheads? Even if you just copy the same name four times in the civ editor on the Civilizations tab it should work. If all of that's okay, you might double-check, and change if necessary, the palettes of the leaderheads using civ3flcedit.

Again, in the Civilizations tab in the editor, enable a flavor, say flavor 1. Then highlight that flavor for a tech on the Civilization advances tab. Repeat for the different flavors and different techs. The problem is that while this encourages them to eventually get there, there is no guarantee that they will rush straight to the tech you want.

Hope that helps.

This is not due to the unit 32s. If the small icons on the civilopedia page are showing up pink, it's because the civilopedia must pull the icon from the unit32 instead of the small.pcx in your pediaicons text file. Probably you forgot to put part of this: #ICON_PRTO_ Double check the pediaicons for each one that is pink.

I double checked that but pedia lines are fine. Nothing is missing.

Can you be more specific? Is this all occurring in the first era? Do they work fine on the Civ selection screen at the beginning of the game? Do you have four eras of leaderheads? Even if you just copy the same name four times in the civ editor on the Civilizations tab it should work. If all of that's okay, you might double-check, and change if necessary, the palettes of the leaderheads using civ3flcedit.

This occurring during the game, all eras. Selection screen is perfect. I have only one era leaderheads but I had like that before and everything was ok.

And in this moment I found something! Many of my civs have links to leaderheads attached only in first era. I will fix that and maybe that's the thing I need to do :)

I double checked that but pedia lines are fine. Nothing is missing.

Can you post your pediaicons file? I'll take a look. I had the same problem last week. I thought it was a palette problem, but it was a text problem.

#ICON_PRTO_Assyrian_Swordsman
Aart\civilopedia\icons\units\Assyrian_Swordsman_L.pcx

Saw that on a quick scan, but don't imagine it's the problem you're talking about. Which units in particular are showing magenta?

I looked through a couple more times. Didn't see any other obvious errors. If you're having trouble with another other than the Assyrian Swordsman, I'd check the naming again on the file itself as a next step.

Thank you for that. Assyrian_Swordsman_L. pcx it was an obvious error. I didn't notice that one because in civilopedia if you go through units list Assyrian Swordsman look fine, white image is displayed. It crashed the game when I clicked on it but now is fixed. What the problem is that few of the units look wrong in unit list. When you clicked on it, game is not crashing but big image instead white is pink.

Try Diomedes, Cycladic_Spearman, Thracian_Horseman. The Diomedes wasn't change at all, file name, editor settings, icons, text lines in pedia and civilopedia, I had units32.pcx with this unit good few years before with no problems.

Oh by the way, I fixed leaderheads :). I didn't add links before in all eras, now I have all and it's working. Thank you :goodjob:

Have actually downloaded the mod?

Thank you for that. Assyrian_Swordsman_L. pcx it was an obvious error. I didn't notice that one because in civilopedia if you go through units list Assyrian Swordsman look fine, white image is displayed. It crashed the game when I clicked on it but now is fixed. What the problem is that few of the units look wrong in unit list. When you clicked on it, game is not crashing but big image instead white is pink.

Try Diomedes, Cycladic_Spearman, Thracian_Horseman. The Diomedes wasn't change at all, file name, editor settings, icons, text lines in pedia and civilopedia, I had units32.pcx with this unit good few years before with no problems.

Oh by the way, I fixed leaderheads :). I didn't add links before in all eras, now I have all and it's working. Thank you :goodjob:

Have actually downloaded the mod?

Glad your leaderheads are working now.

iconshelp.png

If your problem is in area 1, that's units32.
If your problem is in area 2, that could be small pcx palette or text problem in pediaicons file.
If your problem is in area 3, it could be large icons pcx palette or text problem in pediaicons file.

If you have just a few, like 10 or less, zip/rar them together and attach them. Palettes can be changed quickly (tomorrow. Bed time here now.) I'd be happy to help.

As it is, no I haven't gotten around to checking out your mod. It looks good, and I hope to check it out in the future. Now, I'm battling a horde of bicycle soldiers in my own mod, and they're keeping me busy.

My problem is definitely in area 2 and 3 but as I said before I had and I have the same units, some of them not all, with the same units32, large and small icons in different mods and there everything is fine, so palette for white image must be ok. If you have on your drive any of historical mods from this forum, the Diomedes units should be there and I bet is all right.

Again, in the Civilizations tab in the editor, enable a flavor, say flavor 1. Then highlight that flavor for a tech on the Civilization advances tab. Repeat for the different flavors and different techs. The problem is that while this encourages them to eventually get there, there is no guarantee that they will rush straight to the tech you want.

I went to this point and set one flavor path/tech research for one civ and completely opposite flavor path to the other civ. I set percentage between two civ/flavors 100% and 0%, so this should strongly indicate to AI who research first flavor what path to choose and what not to. It's kind of working but I see that AI prefer go first for cheaper tech with less turns. I set the same cost for techs divided in certain development groups and it's working perfectly for me. If I add third path then probably AI will even more precised. Finally I know how to do flavors :) Thanks again! wuhjah

Attachments

• flavors.jpg
    flavors.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 461
You will bored to death if I say thank you one again :) You helped me to solve all technical issues and I can now input reaming data to my mod and job done. Cheers

Putting together a mod is a lot of work, with many small details. It's hard to get them all right the first time around. Glad I could help. Good luck with Bronze and Iron. I look forward to trying out all those new units sometime.

Hello, magnificent scenery. I'm playing a game with Troy and so far everything works perfect except when contact with other civilizations. I mean, sometimes when contact with another civilization to exchange technologies or other things, the game crashes and I get to windows. Other times not blocked, but not the image of the leader appears and instead everything looks black. Does this happen to someone else?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 411
I leave you some pictures of my game with the Romans. I have included some changes, if you like and you want to add the scenary.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 528
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 507
I forgot to say that I changed the leader of the Gauls by the latest version of Vercingetorix made by Shirokobbure and also have changed the army unit by army units made by Ronning.

I also want to say that for me this is the best scenario of classical age done so far :goodjob:. Now I can retire my old scene of TAM :lol:

Top Bottom