BTB's Civilization III: Somewhere In Time

Bombardment prioritisation is the only thing that would require any real work.
Converting the terrain: 5-10 minuets
Great leaders aren’t automatically added: 0 minuets
Lethal land bombardment isn’t automatically selected: 0 minuets
Quintillus’ editor will allow for your hacked tech tree without the steps you mentioned. Reediting wouldn’t be a problem.

Example
Spoiler :
upload_2017-12-28_3-41-18.png
It took longer to ‘print screen’ and show the example than to make the changes. C3C is a whole new beast since Quintillus got his hands on it.

I read your readme and it has many good ideas.
You removed the RoP (rape of passage) altoghether - does this work out well?
I removed the Map Trading altogether in my mod, as I thought it was more an exploit than an option. I think about removing RoP but sometimes, it works well as it allows another civ to go to war by going through my country. A X B - Civ A can go to civ B by passing through my (x) country.
I also think about reworking the govs a bit - but didn't want to mess up too much, but giving the AI a chance in despo while the human player is already well in republic does make the game more balanced.

It's hard to comment on how well RoP works given that it's something I never really used much because I considered it cheap and exploitable.

One of my girlfriends expressed an interest in getting into the PC Civ games, which led to me wanting to dust this thing off and make an update that I feel like it's been needing for awhile.

I've posted another thread with a few wishlist items that have been on my mind for awhile (and will require hex-editing if they're at all doable), but the one change I was able to do on my own is taking care of the much-maligned "Expansionist" trait and bring it up to par with the others. In short, Scouts are no longer exclusive to Expansionist Civs. Rather, Expansionist Civs build Settlers at a discounted rate of 1 citizen instead of 2. I'm still doing some playtesting to see if they also need a discounted shield cost to accompany that change, but I'm kinda curious what the community thinks about it.

Top Bottom