1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BTS – A guide for higher difficulties for standard speed and maps (emperor+)

Discussion in 'Civ4 Strategy Articles' started by Snaaty, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Olson

Olson Warlord

2. Alonshow

Alonshow Chieftain

Apparently that was a good article a few years ago, but it applies to Vanilla Civ4, so it's obsolete now. Still, I used it for a while and helped me improve a bit.

3. Alonshow

Alonshow Chieftain

This strategy seems very promising, although maybe a bit beyond my level. I only have one win in Emperor so far. Anyway, I have a few questions:

• Should I use citizen automation?
    • Should I use Organized Religion?
    • When you start on coast without fishing, you research fishing to build a workboat and build a worker in the meantime. When you get fishing, the worker production is still halfway. Should you switch immediately to build the workboat or should you finish the worker first?

I tried to play the walkthrough without much success. Anyway, I have a couple of questions about turn set 3:
    • Trading silver and marble from Pacal: Pacal is the worst enemy of Mansa Musa. Why doesn’t Mansa Musa complain?
    • Saved game: What’s the axeman doing all by himself besides the barbarian city?