BTS Beta-1

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

[size=+1](*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
[/size]​

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Space Race (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Warlord
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Hemisphere
  • Speed: Epic
  • Civ: Holy Roman Empire
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 3.02.001, 3.03(3.02.001), or 3.03.001
  • Date: 5th to 24th August 2007

Note: This is a Beyond the Sword gauntlet only! Have fun with the new expansion!
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.
See BTS Beta-1 for details.

EDIT: see here for an update to fix HOF Warnings.

Moderator Action: THe Beta tables are reopened and this event is live. Have at it!

Does Hemispheres automatically run balanced resources? I keep getting the HOF warning, but I don't see an option to do standard resources at all.:confused:

I keep getting the HOF warning, but I don't see an option to do standard resources at all.:confused:

Have you made the change below? That should get rid of any HOF warnings for this game.

Edit: To make things easier:

Attached is a new HOFSettings.txt file for the BTS Beta that changes the HOF Warnings as follows:

Game Options:
No Random Events = Player's Option
Map Scripts:

Beta Legal:
  • Big & Small-all wraps
  • Boreal-Flat only
  • Global Highlands-all wraps
  • Hemispheres-all wraps
  • Medium and Small-all wraps
  • Rainforest-Flat only
Beta Illegal:
  • Arboria
  • Donut

Just unzip the HOFSetting.txt file and replace the one in the HOF-3.02.001 folder.

Download: BTS_BETA_HOFSettings.zip

First time coming here. Quick question.

Is this legal?

-Starting map
-Playing 1000 years decide map sucks
-Abandon
-Start a totally different map from scratch

Sorry for the n00b post.

First time coming here. Quick question.

Is this legal?

-Starting map
-Playing 1000 years decide map sucks
-Abandon
-Start a totally different map from scratch

Sorry for the n00b post.

First off, welcome to the HOF! :band:

Yes, it's perfectly legal. In fact, you can play as many times as you want and submit every winning game if you want to. Of course, so long as each game is played on different maps.

Just to clarify, is that in order to compete in this event you have to use the HOF Mod.

Regarding the balanced resources note, I'm getting that in addition to one saying assets have been modified from the original install. I haven't modified BTS at all since installing, and the only other mod installed is the Warlords HOF mod. I noticed on the download page for the BTS HOF mod, it says "If you've modified the Warlords install at all it's advised to reinstall/repatch." I assumed it should have said Beyond the Sword instead of Warlords, but will I need to reinstall Warlords? Or is this due to the mod having been changed by the new text file from above?

Edit (I admit I'm using this as much to talk myself through the problem as anything): I never patched to 3.02 so I did that. I reinstalled the HOF mod and the text file from above. I'm no longer getting the modified assets error, but I'm now getting one that says CRCs are missing. I'm not sure what these are?

Regarding the balanced resources note, I'm getting that in addition to one saying assets have been modified from the original install. I haven't modified BTS at all since installing, and the only other mod installed is the Warlords HOF mod. I noticed on the download page for the BTS HOF mod, it says "If you've modified the Warlords install at all it's advised to reinstall/repatch." I assumed it should have said Beyond the Sword instead of Warlords, but will I need to reinstall Warlords? Or is this due to the mod having been changed by the new text file from above?

Edit (I admit I'm using this as much to talk myself through the problem as anything): I never patched to 3.02 so I did that. I reinstalled the HOF mod and the text file from above. I'm no longer getting the modified assets error, but I'm now getting one that says CRCs are missing. I'm not sure what these are?
You must have "Locked Modified Assets" checked. Using Custion games to start your games.

Are you using Vista?

No sir, XP for me. I just started up a new game and am only getting the balanced resources error now. Game on! Thanks for listening, not sure what the CRCs error was but I seem to be ok now.

No sir, XP for me. I just started up a new game and am only getting the balanced resources error now. Game on! Thanks for listening, not sure what the CRCs error was but I seem to be ok now.
There have been an occasional game where Civ4 has failed to calc CRCs. It is fairly rare, though.

Excellent, I'll have to try out this one.

Do we need the new HOFSettings.txt file, or is it just to stop the balanced resources message?
It's just to stop the warning messages, so you don't need it to play.

Top Bottom