[BTS] Challenge: earliest space race victory

youtien

Lyricist
I just finished an emperor game of space race victory, starting with Chinese, built all wonders I can build, then when Mongol spawns, give all cities and gold I can give to them, then switch to Mongolia. With all properly built cities and wonder, and late civ's faster tech rate, I simply got space race victory in 1898. I think I can do better next time.

Tonight I am going to try Greece - Dutch, raze all French, German cities I don't like as Greeks, found Amsterdam, then switch......

Rome, Persia, Germany and Russia should be able to do Space race easy-Lots of good land they own,or can expand into.

I just finished an emperor game of space race victory, starting with Chinese, built all wonders I can build, then when Mongol spawns, give all cities and gold I can give to them, then switch to Mongolia. With all properly built cities and wonder, and late civ's faster tech rate, I simply got space race victory in 1898. I think I can do better next time.

Tonight I am going to try Greece - Dutch, raze all French, German cities I don't like as Greeks, found Amsterdam, then switch......

Remember Amsterdam gets autorazed, if founded before the dutch spawn.

Remember Amsterdam gets autorazed, if founded before the dutch spawn.

Are you sure? I thought the Dutch would just spawn outside the culture of Amsterdam and the city would flip. That's what happened when I built on the spot as Germany when I played my first RFC game. (Never made that mistake again.)

Are you sure? I thought the Dutch would just spawn outside the culture of Amsterdam and the city would flip. That's what happened when I built on the spot as Germany when I played my first RFC game. (Never made that mistake again.)

I did it playing the RFC patch just before this one, and the city then got razed - I haven't heard anything it being changed in the latest, so I'd think that it's still like that. But feel free to try of course, it'll just be a bit of a pity to have spend so much time, and then see the city getting autorazed :)

I understand the new 'rule' of autorazing, because otherwise you could found Amsterdam as Germany with only a granary and when it flips the Dutch wouldn't have their free forge and harbor.

On second thought, they would have an extra settler instead...

I understand the new 'rule' of autorazing, because otherwise you could found Amsterdam as Germany with only a granary and when it flips the Dutch wouldn't have their free forge and harbor.

On second thought, they would have an extra settler instead...

I can't imagine that should be the reason - if you want to obstruct how the game its supposed to be, as a human player, you can always do that anyway - "cheating" is possible for us always, if we'd feel like that.

That may be, but Rhye did his best to eliminate 'squatting and other exploits without the use of worldbuilder'.

I'm not quoting.

Top Bottom