[BtS] CivFusion

@SoG

I am advancing through my current game without any problems. I got one CTD but it was caused by Stack Combat of Dale's DCM. Dale is working on a new release that hopefully will be free of CTD causes. I recommend that this component should be disabled for the time being. (look in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml).

The mod is quite fun to play so go ahead and give it a trial. You really don't need to wait for the patch.

Duuk's report of a CTD is the first I've heard of or experienced in the released build. The other issues are minor, cosmetic issues. Anyone else experience any CTD's so far?

Cheers,
ripple01

I haven't managed to reproduce the CTD using "Play Now" as an option.

I'll try again with "Choose Religions" and see if it pukes.

Ok. Did it again with choose religion on. On being first to discover Evangelism, I get the popup for a religion, when I choose one I ctd.

@SoG

Code:
<Define>
		<DefineName>DCM_STACK_ATTACK</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

Setting iDefineIntVal to 0 disables the Stack Attack components. The rest of DCM feature will still be working. In particular bombardment and air units missions. I also turn battle effects off but this is a personal preference. AFAIK they cause no problems at all. I only don't like to have much smoke around unless it comes from my cigarette.

Deliberately avoided Evangelicalism w/ Choose Religions on, and the AI didn't cause a CTD. My guess is it has something to do with limited religions and the pop-up selector for religion choice.

CTD later: Not sure why, my guess is another religion.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1055.CivBeyondSwordSave
    195.7 KB · Views: 97
Greatmod :goodjob: I'm sure a lot people have been looking for DCM & revolutions combined

but i am also getting a hard CTD
here is the turn it will not go passed ,i did have choose religions on

I did go into the WB and one of the other civ will discover evangelism
on the next turn per the previous post

Attachments

• Walter BC-0140.CivBeyondSwordSave
    249.2 KB · Views: 95
Just a question to ripple01 -

Can't you overhaul the traits in XML? What do you need to edit the SDK for?

I haven't started a game yet(just got back from school) but these messages are alarming. What does one have to do to avoid getting such an error to play this mod? I really want to try it...

Don't play with "Choose Religions" on, and disable Stack Attack in Dale's Combat Mod.

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear about the crashes with the choose religions option. It's strange. I used to have zebra09's religion limiter in the mod, hence the tag in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml, but removed it in 0.60. I'll remove the extra tag but I don't think it would be causing a crash as the component is disabled. I will also default the Stack Attack module to OFF in the next patch.

Those of you experienceing crashes with "Choose Religions": Is it only limited to the Evangelism tech or have you experienced it with the other religion techs as well? Also, is it happening upon picking a specific religion, or will any of them cause the CTD?

I'm visiting my family through Monday, so won't be able to do any exploring into this issue until next week. I'm sorry for any frustrations caused to anyone but I'll get this figured out.

Cheers,
ripple01

Just a question to ripple01 -

Can't you overhaul the traits in XML? What do you need to edit the SDK for?

I want to do some things with the traits that aren't doable through the XML. Hence, using the SDK to add some additional functionality.

Cheers,
ripple01

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear about the crashes with the choose religions option. It's strange. I used to have zebra09's religion limiter in the mod, hence the tag in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml, but removed it in 0.60. I'll remove the extra tag but I don't think it would be causing a crash as the component is disabled. I will also default the Stack Attack module to OFF in the next patch.

Those of you experienceing crashes with "Choose Religions": Is it only limited to the Evangelism tech or have you experienced it with the other religion techs as well? Also, is it happening upon picking a specific religion, or will any of them cause the CTD?

I'm visiting my family through Monday, so won't be able to do any exploring into this issue until next week. I'm sorry for any frustrations caused to anyone but I'll get this figured out.

Cheers,
ripple01

I managed to get past evangelism by avoiding religion-founding techs, but it still crashed when the *next* religion was founded. My suspicion is that because I was avoiding religion techs, the "hard limit" of religions that causes the crash hadn't been reached yet.

That's where I'd start the debugging.

I'm a big fan of Mod's like this one, so I'm DLing now to give it a shot... Looks great :goodjob:

This might be greedy of me, but I note that VD 3.5 is included... does this also include the avain's VD modern warfare expansion? I don't care so much if it's not, but yeah the more flavour the modern units have the better from my POV :)

Cheers anyway, looks fantastic... :)

Where did the artwork for the potato resource come from? the art define for it references I file I can't for the life of me find

Hello everyone.

I play with "choose religion" option marks, and the game crashed at first for me too when any civ got Evangelism. I went into the XML to check what was happening, and I managed to follow my game up just deleting the free cristian missionaries from Evangelism. I think the same could happen everytime a tech gives you a free missionary (Islam, maybe).

I tried to play with "choose religion" option with free cristian misionaries on Evangelism, got this tech, choose Cristianism, and everything was ok.

Now, I play with "choose religion" option, deleting free missionaries from techs, and there is no problem at all. I think this could be meanwhile anyone finds a better solution.

Regards

Top Bottom