[BTS] Expanded Epic Game (fixed Next War)

It did absolutely nothing - Apostolic Palace and SDI are still not there.

The only change it made was that, instead of just one visible shield after you've built all three, all three showed.

The Apostolic Palace IS there. So is the SDI. I just double-checked the mod and my friends in MP built it numerous times to great effect.

And all three shields were ALWAYS shown. Unfortunately. Check the first page.

I can SS my current Next War game where only the biggest shield is shown.

I've re-checked about five times, two with the new 1.3 version, no A.P and no SDI. It's like that time the mod deleted the NExt War units on my computer.

Hmmm.

Are you using the 3.02 patch? And did you overwrite the original last war mod? I'd very much like to get to the bottom of this.

I downloaded the patch in his first post - 1.3. The first patch, for me, actually deleted the Next War units in both the city build and Worldbuilder.

I definitely have replaced the last Expanded file.

It looks to me, as I went in and played around with the World Builder and city for a while, that the SDI is no longer considered a wonder but a Spaceship thing. It's definitely there, though not in World Builder (Manhatten Project's not there, either), but you need Space Victory on and I don't use that victory. Apostolic Palace wasn't on the World Builder, in the city building mode, or in the Civpedia.

By the way, I think someone said there would be more powerful ships in Next War, but I haven just got 40 strength Missile Cruisers and Battleships, etc, still.

I'm playing the mod on earth, Warlords or original map, 18 civs.

No, I meant which version of Civ IV BTS are you running? 3.0.0.1 or 3.02?

As for ships, I know for a fact there's no improved ships in Next War.

I downloaded the patch that came with the European release, and I've checked for updates and there are none.

I really don't understand why some people are having trouble with the mod, for me it works great and has ALL the units/buildings/etc...

I'm willing to bet 99% of the problems are people not getting how to install this mod. I figured it out but have to admit when I heard this FIXES Next War I had just assumed these were updated files to dump into the Next War directory and was very confused that you gave it a different name. Just add a quick little text file to remind people that, although this fixes Next War, it gets its own separate directory within your Mods directory.

I put the Expanded folder in the Next War mod folder, nothing else. Should I put it somewhere else?

Okay...

Put it here: ...Beyond the Sword\Mods\Expanded

:mad: Do not put here: ...Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War\Expanded :mad:

Is that clear enough? ;)

It works - I replaced Next War's Assests folder with Expanded's assests.

Battleships, Apostolic Palace and SDI have definitely been put back in the game.

However,

All three shields show up now - they didn't if you didn't use Worldbuilder to make them with patch 1.2.
The SDI does not have a movie or picture, and it is not in Worldbuilder. It also does not show up in the list of city improvements.
The SDI doesn't block over 1/2 of the attacks and seems weak, from what I've witnessed.
The opening menu is the same as BTS's; it is not Next War's opening screen.

Also, is the most powerful ship the Missile Cruiser? It seems a shame there aren't any strength sixty or so ships around.

Only thing I can think of is that they changed the Next War assets in the 3.02 patch.

It works - I replaced Next War's Assests folder with Expanded's assests.

Battleships, Apostolic Palace and SDI have definitely been put back in the game.

However,

All three shields show up now - they didn't if you didn't use Worldbuilder to make them with patch 1.2.
The SDI does not have a movie or picture, and it is not in Worldbuilder. It also does not show up in the list of city improvements.
The SDI doesn't block over 1/2 of the attacks and seems weak, from what I've witnessed.
The opening menu is the same as BTS's; it is not Next War's opening screen.

Also, is the most powerful ship the Missile Cruiser? It seems a shame there aren't any strength sixty or so ships around.

Chiyu didn't WRITE/DESIGN Next War, he merely made it run as a fully functional Mod to the standard game (as it was supposed to out of the box but clearly wasn't). If you have any issues with the actual Scenario/Mod's design (units, graphics, etc.) I suggest you take it up with Firaxis.

Also, you STILL ARE'NT INSTALLING IT RIGHT! Leave the Next War Mod UNTOUCHED and then plop the Expanded directory in the BtS\Mods directory. I think you're remaining issues will probably still be there even if installed right and, I do agree, this is counter intuitive as it just seems to weird to me as well that a Mod made to repair another Mod needs to do so from a totally different directory.

I have nothing more to add to what LordGek and Willowmound said (thanks guys, by the way). It has to work if you install it right..
(I updated the first post to clarify this)

I have nothing more to add to what LordGek and Willowmound said (thanks guys, by the way). It has to work if you install it right..
(I updated the first post to clarify this)

I think this warrants a mention in the main BtS thread as I'm sure most players don't even know about it yet!

Top Bottom