[BTS] Expanded Epic Game (fixed Next War)

@niteshade:
Thanks! I took a look in the original Next War, and in there they appear as three big bubbles too, instead of replacing the old shield. So I guess it was intended this way.

@frenchman:
Yeah, I will. Last version is 1.1, the new version is 1.2.

@dennis:
Hmm, I have not yet given Gods of Old a try, I might do it when I'm bored of the epic game.

Wee bit off-topic, but is it possible to load a regular BtS save into Epic Next War?

Wee bit off-topic, but is it possible to load a regular BtS save into Epic Next War?

I doubt it. Maybe a good modder/hacker could alter a given save so it then could work with the Mod later but I think, for the most part, a save is pretty darned linked to the mode it was made in.

@niteshade:
Thanks! I took a look in the original Next War, and in there they appear as three big bubbles too, instead of replacing the old shield. So I guess it was intended this way.

Thanks for the reply Chiyu!

If you were to look into possibly overwriting previous versions of the arcology, how would you go about it? I'm interested in making the change, but I'm not sure if there's a "remove building" tag or some sort of "hide building" tag. Thanks!

There is no way to make colonies independant in this mod, the fist icon on the dom screen is not there..What happend?

@Niteshade:
I'm not an expert on modding but perhaps a tag like <ObsoleteBuilding>...</ObsoleteBuilding> could be added? Or through Python maybe? I really wouldn't know how... Sorry.

@Ashbery76:
It works (just tested it myself), you probably just didn't meet the prerequisites.

So, Chiyu, does version 1.3 fix all the issues people have addressed so far in this thread?

It looks like it! Good job :)

When you get things going here, pls let me know, i am going to start a regular MOD from this that extends this to make it a Fantasy MOD. I just need to figure out where to put them in which country (ie America, Orcs/Undead, Germany, elves/dark elves, etc?? what?) Does this sound ok?? Ideas pls!!!

Also where you changed the AmericaInc and three others, it is in the description now in capitals letters, ie: TXT_KEY etc.
See attached pics:

And can get get rid of that stupid BLUE STAR flag, pls, use R/W/B, thx: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/86969/america.zip

I never get got that error, and I'm completely sure that Mr. Big and his friends are completely removed. In fact, the XML\Civilizations\ folder is totally missing from version 1.1 and on so there's no way you can ever see them!

Are you sure you downloaded the most recent version and removed the old version before unzipping it? (If you don't remove the old version first, then it will just add the new files to the Expanded mod and overwrite the changed files, while keeping the unedited files)

I never get got that error, and I'm completely sure that Mr. Big and his friends are completely removed. In fact, the XML\Civilizations\ folder is totally missing from version 1.1 and on so there's no way you can ever see them!

Are you sure you downloaded the most recent version and removed the old version before unzipping it? (If you don't remove the old version first, then it will just add the new files to the Expanded mod and overwrite the changed files, while keeping the unedited files)

OK i deleted all XML files there and replaced them with yours, and deleted the ArtDefinesCiv also, and now when i go into the WB it hard crashes to the desktop??:blush:

EDIT: I put back the ArtDefinesCiv and it worked again!!!

Am i also to delete the PythonCallbackDefines and GlobalDefinesAlt, files also??

Err.. I don't see where all these crashes are coming from, you are definitely doing something wrong. Please keep in mind that "Expanded" is a stand alone mod, when I said "and removed the old version" I meant that you had to remove the older versions of Expanded (if there were any). Do not delete any of BtS' or Next War's own files!

Err.. I don't see where all these crashes are coming from, you are definitely doing something wrong. Please keep in mind that "Expanded" is a stand alone mod, when I said "and removed the old version" I meant that you had to remove the older versions of Expanded (if there were any). Do not delete any of BtS' or Next War's own files!

Didnt have any other EXpanded version, and if you dont edit the CivInfo you are going to have Mr Big etc, as far as i know??:rolleyes:

No, if there's no CivInfo file included in the mod, then Civ4 will just use the respective default BtS files..

well mine crashes right away to the desktop if i take out the civinfo file.
well thats ok i will do it my way anyways, but thx. Anybody have any ideas yet on the Fantasy units where to put them???

Top Bottom