[BtS] Extra Add-on 01 - Real Corporations

Chiyu

Prince
This is the first add-on for my Extra mod that will be released very soon. Now I'm done merging all content from the official Firaxis mods into the full game, I will release several add-ons for Extra to add additional stuff (once again, trying to avoid changing the core gameplay too much). Read for more information.

But before I upload the modpack, I would first like to share some screenshots with you all so you can give feedback and comments. Since corporations are a delicate part of the game, I have to be sure that none of them are underpowered or overpowered. So feel free to tell me what you think :).

In case you haven't noticed yet: this modcomp replaces the seven fictional corporations in BtS with seven original ones: Coca Cola, Dole, General Electronic, McCormick, McDonalds, Tommy Hilfiger and Volkswagen. I didn't select these just randomly. Just like all the content added in my Extra mod, these corporations were originally found in an Firaxis mod. The location where I found them might surprise you - Charlemagne's Wars. If you don't believe me, go to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Charlemagne\Assets\res\Fonts and open GameFont.tga ;). The buttons were found in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Interface\Buttons\Corporations.

In my opinion, the game should have had real corporations all along, since the corporations and the world wonders are 'real' too. Still, I chose not to implement this change in the "core" Extra version, since this involves gameplay changes that not everyone may be comfortable with.

I tried to identify these 7 with the BtS 7. However, this proved to be an almost impossible task, since these ones lack 'scientific' corporations like Standard Ethanol and Aluminum Co. For gameplay reasons, I gave scientific bonuses to Coca Cola and McCormick, instead of just giving them a commercial or food bonus only. Most of these corporations resemble one of the old corporations, although the resources they use are very different.

Screenshots of the new corporations and their effects:

Coca Cola
Spoiler :

Dole
Spoiler :

General Electric
Spoiler :

McCormick
Spoiler :

McDonalds
Spoiler :

Tommy Hilfiger
Spoiler :

Volkswagen
Spoiler :

*Note 1: that this modcomp will only be compatible with Extra 3.17j, since it uses a number of "Extra" resources: Olives, Cotton, Citrus, Salt, Hemp and Rubber. Extra 3.17j isn't uploaded yet, but it will be soon (as soon as all bugs are fixed). This modcomp will be made available immediately afterwards.

*Note 2: I might add a few new corporations later on, since I think these are too much focused on America (with the exception of Volkswagen). Having some additional European or Asian corporations like Shell or Sony could be nice.

just so you know General Electronic is actually called General Electric

great job on making this though. I noticed the corporation art for these was already included in BTS, but they just didn't use it, copyright infringement I guess.

EDIT: oops I guess you actually have GE named correctly in the mod, just mistyped in this thread

Top Bottom