[BTS] MarnzMod

@The Almighty dF
1. I'll look into changing David animations.
2. I tried to spread the religions along different tech paths. If your that far ahead in techs early on, maybe you should try upping the difficulty. ;)
3. I try my best to eliminate crashes. Do you try loading autosaves. If the most recent autosave doesn't work try the earliest one.
4. I'd appreciate any help pointing out text errors. :)

@Rone
Civ4 isn't designed for neutrality. You'll have to learn to master the art of diplomacy. ;)

@Skodkim
The sanitation dds is part of techtree_sevomod_atlas.dds,2,1 file in the buttons folder.

@V. Soma
To update v1.7 you just need v1.8 update and latest patch.

@Tyranny12
I've made some changes to happiness. I couldn't get the python change to work the way I wanted though. :( Now I'm waiting to see how much it's still unbalanced.

Sorry about Ishtar Gate. I thought it was too unrealistic. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you changed it back for yourself. :cry:

@Pe Ell and kaeau
I'm glad you managed to figure out the BUG bug. :rolleyes: I was beginning to think incuding BUG was a mistake. Thanx :D

@Brave Sir Robin
For some as yet unknown reason, some systems can't save BUG options. To get rid of flashing message read post #353 by psob2.

Hi !

1.8 f of version multiplayer in a game " OOS " error message the pyramid came forward after the construction of a miracle.

@Pe Ell and kaeau
I'm glad you managed to figure out the BUG bug. :rolleyes: I was beginning to think incuding BUG was a mistake. Thanx :D

thanks to you, had an amazing evening and night, played from 10 pm to 6.30 a.m. and i loved it. wonderful mod!
(no big bugs were noticeable, sometimes scrolling didnt work until i klicked another unit (happend 1 or 2 times), but thats all i can remember...
cheers!
ka
www.ninc.at
www.nincshirts.com
www.nnw.at
www.ninclabs.com

bmarnz, i have a question for you. have you made any changes within the marnzmod python folder(apart from adding BUG) that are essential to marnzmod working correctly?

the bug mod is a terrific addition to civ4. thank you for adding it to your mod.
now that i've played with it working, i can't imagine playing without the bug mod. imho its that much of an improvement to the base game interface.

as you know, initally i had a small problem that changes to the bug options screen wouldn't stick and that i couldn't get rid of the flashing ctl alt o message. was able to find the correct files in the marnzmod python bug options folder and edited them manually and that solved my problem and let me make adjustments to the marnzmod bug options.

the reason i asked about any crucial to the marnzmod adjustments you may have made within the marnzmod python folder is that i wanted to install bug v2.20 that just came out.

edited to remove a dumb idea 1:54pm 11/30

thanks

@soor
I havn't tested the mod in MP. Does oos happen often? :confused:

@kefauver
To get 1.8 on rapidshare, download alternate links for 1.5(both A and B), updates 1.7 and 1.8, and latest patch. Be warned that rapidshare has long queue times for free users. The mod is too big for a single file on rapidshare. I've yet to find a better alternative. :(

If you want to try filefront again, disable any download accelerators and avoid using AOL browser.

@kaeau
Glad you're having fun. :D

@psob2
You're idea wasn't exactly bright. :mischief: There are MarnzMod specific python files. Your biggest problems will be in using the inquisitor and building spaceship parts. You might even have problems changing religions. The best way to make the change to BUG 2.20 is to use WinMerge on the common python files.

Here is a list of python files with MarnzMod specific content:
Spoiler :
CvEventManager
CvGameUtils
GodsOfOld
PyHelpers

in screens folder:
CvCivicsScreen
CvCorporationScreen
CvMainInterface
CvReligionScreen
CvSpaceShipScreen

thanks for the quick reply, figured it might not be too smart, was why i asked.

i'll put it back the way it was

thanks for the list of files

Glad you managed to fix it too kaeau, I would have linked sooner but as you can see by my number of post I don't log in here all the time. :blush:

The mod really is wonderful Marnz. Thank you for the effort of putting it togheter. :)

thanks for your info about what files had to stay in. after fuddling around a bit i did get bug 2.2 to work from within the mod with all your files back in. the bug option screen works like it should now. ctl alt o brings it up, and i can make changes and they take.

had noticed some of the folks that had problems with bug had the complete edition of civ4 and there was a registry fix. when i checked my registry, it seemed to me the 'install dir' thingy was already there. i have civ 4 gold(warlords included) and bought BTS seperate. so i hoped that since bug 2.2 was supposed to fix the 'civ4 complete problem' maybe it would help me also. either it did, or i accidentally fixed whatever i had screwed up fooling around :)

wonder if some of the people who had problems with bug had the same installation as me. civ4 gold with BTS separate

anyway thanks again for your patience and quick response to my earlier dumb idea

I plan to download this soon, but as to the happiness issues, wondering should a few resources being mined actually cause unhappy face.

Coal mines/diamond mines/uranium, any mining in general (maybe not gold) , causes enviromental and health issues, so a nice econ. boost but unhappy effect would have historic logic, this would have to be balanced with enough need to get income from mines to boost your economy so it might need to tone down what other income effects are built in to other improvements other than towns.

Along those lines is their a way to limit the max cottage-town build around any given city radius, (maybe a max of 4 -6 per city), or you could greatly increase worker build times to build cottages.

The worker times can be a great way to change how income is being added if you are adding alot of resources and buildings into a mod which helps with unit spamming.

The mod sounds great!

noticed something that might not have been intended concerning the early aircraft bomb strengths.

biplane bomb 5
fighter bomb 4
spitfire bomb 8
a6m zero bomb 8

shouldn't the regular fighter have a bomb strength of 8 like the british and japanese unique fighters?

Maybe it's just me but when I fortify the Paddle Boat (America) it turns into a tiny destroyer.

Also, Fortified riflemen turn into infantry.

Great mod, but having some multiplayer issues.

Has anyone else had luck getting this mod to support Direct IP Multiplayer? I've tried on both computers, with various size maps, map types, options and the game CTD's right when it starts to create the map/world.

I have even tried having only 1 Human player and the rest AI's to see if I can get the multiplayer map to at least generate, then I can have the other human take over one of the AIs. But, that also doesn't work.

I have no problems with multiplayer on normal BTS, its just with this mod loaded it CTD's during map/world creation.

Ideas??? :confused:

Has anyone else noticed that the Amun-Ra and Shinto sounds are really loud? It may just be the nature of their sounds that bugs me, but I edited them to be quieter (same volume as the vanilla religions, to my ear).

If anyone wants those edits, I'd be happy to post them should Marnz have no objection. I won't unless anyone expresses interest.

prob with score, cant see them during the game on my screen, that's boring for diplomacy or religion

How do you modify the cathedrals so that they require fewer temples? It doesn't seem realistic to me to have only one cathedral for every ten or so temples. I can't figure out where the limit is.

Would it be possible to make the limitations a bit more complex, say, requiring a minimum population for both the city and the entire empire? In the real world, most large cities would have a cathedral. In fact, in the Middle Ages a city was defined as a town with a bishop.

Top Bottom