[BTS] MarnzMod

Hey everyone I just got BTS and thought I would try a decent MOD and this one looked to be quite good. However when I play the MOD it always crashes to desktop after about an hour and then if I try to load a save from before the game crashed it crashes again. I don't get any error message apart from the windows one asking me if I would like to file an error report.

I have 1GB of RAM and about 2-3GB of HDD space. I also installed mod 1.8c then patch 1.8f.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Hey everyone I just got BTS and thought I would try a decent MOD and this one looked to be quite good. However when I play the MOD it always crashes to desktop after about an hour and then if I try to load a save from before the game crashed it crashes again. I don't get any error message apart from the windows one asking me if I would like to file an error report.

I have 1GB of RAM and about 2-3GB of HDD space. I also installed mod 1.8c then patch 1.8f.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Really not enough info to be certain, but with only 2-3gigs left on your HDD it could be a virtual memory issue.

AIMackey, would you mind copying and pasting just the changed bit of code?

Sure... This is from near the end of the file, inside many nested loops and conditionals (which is why it's indented so far).

These are the lines that were breaking the scoreboard, which can be commented out (like I've done here) or deleted:

Code:
#										if (gc.getGame().isGameMultiPlayer()):
#											if (not (gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isTurnActive())):
#												szBuffer = szBuffer + "*"
#												if (bAlignIcons):
#													scores.setActive()

Just below this, there's the bit of code that figures out the player name:

Code:
# BUG - Dead Civs - start
										if (BugScore.isShowBothNames()):
											szPlayerName = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getName() + "/" + gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getCivilizationShortDescription(0)
										elif (BugScore.isShowLeaderName()):
											szPlayerName = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getName()
										else:
											szPlayerName = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getCivilizationShortDescription(0)

Immediately after the lines above, I inserted these lines to add the star to the player name:

Code:
# Al's Alternate Turn Over Star
										if (gc.getGame().isGameMultiPlayer()):
											if (not (gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isTurnActive())):
												szPlayerName = "*"+szPlayerName
# End Turn Over Star

This probably isn't the most elegant solution. I don't really know Python, but I know enough of other programming languages to mess around a bit.

No, very nice. Simple, but that's the best fixes.;) I'll test it out, and update the SVN for BUG with it. I can't do anything with Marnz Mod though. Thanks!

BTW - If you want to do some other tweaks with BUG, let me know... we are looking for another Coder.;)

It's mostly still aligned. Since the turn-over star is part of the player names now, the names shift slightly when the players' turns end in a multiplayer game. Operation in single player mode is completely unchanged.

As I said, I don't really know python yet. I'm just starting to get into Civ modding. If I learned the language more, I'd find a way to give the stars their own column and align them properly.

Hi...

I need some help ! I can't open the civilopedia and the Options when I'am running Marnzmod ... and I miss all the Icons during the game. I'am using Windowas Vista ! is that the problem ?

thank you for the help

Hi...

I need some help ! I can't open the civilopedia and the Options when I'am running Marnzmod ... and I miss all the Icons during the game. I'am using Windowas Vista ! is that the problem ?

thank you for the help

and the last time i have seen his presence was 30 Nov in this thread area?

If Bmarz doesn't return this great mod is dead....:cry:
Bmarnz used a lot (and added even more!) from my Warlords modpack so, if he doesn't come back I can certainly see what could be absorbed into Amra v3 for BtS that I am currently working on. It's still a while yet before I am to that point as I am currently finishing up some LH's for the new civs to be included.

Hopefully, Bmarnz will return (I know how necessary it is to get away sometimes) and do more with this for everybody.

Well, I would love to see this mod that this Amra person is making because I really liked the Marnz Mod. For the most part all it needed was a bit of balancing, and maybe a bit of debugging (The Israeli civ always glitches).

I agree with Geddon . . . Arma seems to have a nack for "getting it right". I often wonder what he does in "real life". He must be a bookie to call some many game play aspect correct !!!

Top Bottom