1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS Mod] European Empires: Bts

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by ArbitraryGuy, Jul 26, 2007.

1. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

If I delete the "Entry Points" folder in the "Python" folder will I be able to set the starting points in WBS?

2. Thanatosimii

Thanatosimii Chieftain

An interesting mod. I was entertained, but a few points.

The way the game works, different religions make civs hate each other. There shouldn't be as much bad blood between the catholic and orthodox religions, and I don't think that calvanism and lutheranism have any reason to go at each other either for that matter. I don't know if this can be done, but it would be more realistic.

Also, Europe has never prospered without trade with (or exploitation of) africa and asia. The current map, though good for focusing the events of the game on Europe, unrealistically isolates it. You have special techs for starting religions- if you're going to have a totally european map, perhaps you can have special means to get spices and sugar and silks and things like that via trade structures.

3. Thanatosimii

Thanatosimii Chieftain

Oh, additionally, it seems like the small icons which indicate what corporations are in a city are offset by one. I suspect this might be on account of there being only six religions. Something got confused and is looking for an extra religion, and is taking one of the corporation icons, shifting them by one.

4. wotan321

wotan321 Emperor

Fantastic mod, really enjoying playing, but one thing I noticed that may be a "bug" or perhaps just standard procedure.

Its the quests I get. I've played this mod twice, and both times, early on, I get a quest that is impossible to achieve. I had 3 cities on a crowded map, at the very most I could expect to get 8 cities, but the quest wanted 15 stables. In the first game, similar situation in central Europe, the quest asked for a dozen harbors.

Are the quests variable such that I just got an unlucky roll of the random number generator, or are the numbers of hoops I have to jump through hardcoded?

In either case, the numbers need to be brought down a bit. I saw these numbers and just dismissed it out of hand.

5. KaiserBenjamin

KaiserBenjamin Warlord

I noticed that too!

6. Thinker19930602

Thinker19930602 Ideas Guy (a.k.a.Thinker)

Could you and some more UU's and UB's for the Different civs

Also, Could you take care of the bug the makes white lines appear in diplo and resolution text.

Great Mod!!

7. ArbitraryGuy

ArbitraryGuy Rusty Shackleford?

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I hadn't noticed a few of those minor gliches, yet. Every criticism and idea helps. Thanks.

Keep in mind, this is just the first generation, an experiment if you will, before I create EE:BtS. EE:BtS will have the colonies and monopolies system for non-European resources. UUs and UBs will be included in that.

I'm pretty busy this month, but expect to work more on EE:BtS by the end of the month. Expect a release late September or early October.

8. wotan321

wotan321 Emperor

This mod is great, thanks for all the work you put into creating it, and thanks for your future efforts as well.

9. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

Hey AG!

Cool project. I just got back from a three week trip so I've been completely out of it, glad to see that you've gotten something tangible going. Good luck on this.

10. Devil Inside

Devil Inside Chieftain

i just sat through nearly an entire game in one session (dont ask, i have a crazy sleep schedule) as the french. i rushed catholicism, while justinian rushed orthodoxy.

i was amazed at how well the religions divided themselves along historical lines!
    300 years later, i had historical catholic nations and historical orthodox nations...a cold war was brewing.

luckily for me, i was somehow able to keep izzie happy the entire game (i played with no portugal, and she expanded to HUGE proportions), got a defensive pact with her, and kept it running until communism. permanent alliance.

at this point, there was no reason to continue furthering peace in europe. up until this point, i had been focusing on a cultural victory.

now HRE, Germany, Russia, England, and Vikings are nicely capitulating!

very very very fun map!

(monarch difficulty, i believe)

11. Thinker19930602

Thinker19930602 Ideas Guy (a.k.a.Thinker)

Can you include more starting cities and more corperations and religions. also, include guilds as early corperations. Any new UUs and UBs yet?

12. Swedishguy

Swedishguy Deity

This mod was uploaded TODAY?! Cool! :goodjob:

13. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

The revealed tiles shouldn't be a big problem. Just
    1. start the world-builder
    2. press: "Reveal Tile Mode"
    3. Unreveal the tiles you don't want to see by right-clicking on them.
    4. if you have met another civ (example: rome has met isabella before start), I don't know yet how to solve it without rebuilding the map. Sorry.
    The problem is that you have placed the civ (spain) where another civ was (rome) so they meet each other. This could be solved by rebuilding the map, delete the civs first and then place them (all with worldbuilder).

This may take some time because you have to do this with all civs, but I think it will help:)

Good luck!!:goodjob:

14. Barak

Barak Emperor

Any updates on the mod?

15. Acantus

Acantus Chieftain

I don't understand... Have I to download something else before playing this mod? It doesn't work simply loading it from the "default" version (2.1.0)...

???

16. woodelf

woodelf Bard

I doubt it's been updated to BtS 3.13

17. Acantus

Acantus Chieftain

I really still don't understand what does it mean "BtS". It is written before many titles of mod and scenarios. Can you explain me something?

18. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

BTS stands for "Beyond The Sword" the latest expansion pack for Civ4

19. Acantus

Acantus Chieftain

So this mods are not for Walords, but Civ4? Thanks!

20. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

No...Civ4 is generally referred to as "Vanilla". Then there was the "Warlords" expansion that had added features and then the "Beyond The Sword" expansion with even more added features. Mods and Scenarios are labled by version because they are not compatible. Hope this helps.