1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS noob] Adding resource to one city instead of civ

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by DisAstro, Jan 27, 2010.

1. DisAstro

DisAstro Chieftain

Hello everybody!

I just got into Civ modding, and I still have to learn a lot. That explains why I'm about to ask such a newbie question :)

How do I add a resource to only one city instead of the entire civilization after a certain building has been build? Think of synthetic oil factories in a limited-resource envoirment. Or has that idea already been done?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

This sounds like an inverted BUILDING_NATIONAL_PARK. With xml, i guess, no.

3. DisAstro

DisAstro Chieftain

Inverted National Park? That's pretty smart. I'll research how it achieves it effect, and try to reverse engineer it :)

4. DisAstro

DisAstro Chieftain

"Reverse engineering" the National Park NW didn't work: it simply uses the <NoBonus> XML tag.

Anybody else have any ideas?

5. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

honestly this isn't possible with xml only. It would require python or sdk changes, and I'm not sure where to start with that

6. orlanth

orlanth Storm God. Yarr!

You might try making a Corporation that provides a resource, if I'm not wrong I think they provide them to only that city.

7. Tripod

Tripod Chieftain

There exist a modcomp called Building Resource Converter Mod in the database(ModComps),but that means you have to merge the SDK