[BtS] Rise of Mankind

i am using The Genghis Kia Gaint Earth Map (210x90) 40 civs set for BTS and it runs very well, i installed it in the same way like in Kalimakhus instructions is explained (but i did before i read them because i like to play earth maps in all mods, the difference is that Gengis map has the all 40 initial location already set).
The mod with the map now is only a little slow from 15 to 45 sec waiting for turn, because 40 civs are a lot to calculate, i dont know if i will have all the resources of RoM, the mod is so big and hard to handle but i like it a lot.:goodjob:
i am playing at monarch level marathon and till at 400 AC all run smoothly.I don't want to think now, because i have a lot of fun, about the waiting time in late eras perhaps with a so big map will become unplayable, anyway i will report here.
Perhaps adding FexFX to the mod can make it more longer and more easy to handle with so many things to do and so little time to make them 1200 are not enough hehe :)
Gratz anyway for this so good mod, i never stop to wonder how deep civ could become.
When the mod is played in a long turrs way, have a lot of different units to build is really cool, please if you can. add more :lol:

I wish I can play past the Medieval Age without lag and that bright lighting terrain bug I've been getting thought out the Civ 4 mods. I get lag from Classical, and it's get the worst at renaissance. I even got a good video card, but yet still get slow downs.

I need a brand new computer, something that is beyond my specs. My poor-ass family won't give me a good computer and they still say they are trying to pay mine off...

http://rapidshare.com/files/58227917/DxDiag.txt.html

(I place it there due to max character limit on post)

RTS = real time strategy, means the game is running continiously, like real time
TBS = turn based strategy, means the game waits till you press "next turn"

Now I might be mistaken, but how do you get the impression Civ 4 would be a RTS game?

I'd suggest you take a look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turn-based_strategy#Mainstream_PC_games especially this sentence:

I agree with you my Mistake!
Zap when can we expect the next patch and have you found what cuases the CTDs in Induastrial Age?

Sorry to bother you guys, but it seems I'm having trouble downloading this mod. I can download the main file, but the patch and the addon are giving me problems. Keeps telling me that I have to wait a few seconds before downloading. So I wait and then it gives me the same message. I'm logged in when I try it, and I can download other files from this sight. This seems to be the only dls I'm having trouble with.

Thanks in advance for the replies. I was reading over the features and am excited about trying it out :)

Cheers!

Sorry to bother you guys, but it seems I'm having trouble downloading this mod. I can download the main file, but the patch and the addon are giving me problems. Keeps telling me that I have to wait a few seconds before downloading. So I wait and then it gives me the same message. I'm logged in when I try it, and I can download other files from this sight. This seems to be the only dls I'm having trouble with.

Thanks in advance for the replies. I was reading over the features and am excited about trying it out :)

Cheers!

Do Not even Bother you will be pulling out your hair when you hit the Industrial age with error and Or Bad allcation program needs to close.
I have windows Xp and Vista Ultimate dam Mod still Crashes so im trying to find a way to play this Mod all the Way through and Google is My Best Friend:D
Good luck and remember i told you so!!
Please read the rest of the bugs with this Mod.

Hi I just want to say this is a great mod, I am 600 turns into the game and only crashed a few times. There is only one prob I see so far with the mod you can not load troops or rockets into any transport If this was fixed it would be alot better.

I agree with you my Mistake!
Zap when can we expect the next patch and have you found what cuases the CTDs in Induastrial Age?
I had planned to have patch ready this week but as life goes, there was changes to my plans for this week.. wasn't home wednesday, not going to be home today or tomorrow so I won't have enough time to get the patch ready this week. I haven't had even time to test the mod this week to see if that bug is gone :( Nevertheless, I will try to get that patch ready early next week :)

@segrix

I've looked about week ago 3.13 patch notes and tried to add the same changes to the mod that need to be changed in the xml files so that the mod would be 3.13 ready. I think most of them are now in the mod. AI and other 3.13 game engine / SDK changes should work without any need to make changes to this mod since this mod doesn't include any changes to those (except some python changes).

I had planned to have patch ready this week but as life goes, there was changes to my plans for this week.. wasn't home wednesday, not going to be home today or tomorrow so I won't have enough time to get the patch ready this week. I haven't had even time to test the mod this week to see if that bug is gone :( Nevertheless, I will try to get that patch ready early next week :)

No....No Please go home we need the patch!!!
I will test it for you I will be home all week playing PLEASE zAP i WILL TEST the patch and go home do it like in the wizard of OZ click you heels 3 time and say "there is No Place like home" "there is No Place like home" "there is No Place like home":goodjob:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :
Home Please go home.
Please all we need is one patch to rule them all.
Oh my Precious Patch.
I took another 2 days of work i called in sick so i can Play.
I am begin you on my knees with a cherry on top release the patch:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I notice a strange thing in marathon speed,king level, after 1000 AD the time goes crazy, and i have only 10 years increase, i am now in 1980 and i am in medieval era, i am first in score so i control tec that means that all AI players have less then me, is something related to the speed that i choose?
The game is working anyway fine and is a lot fun , is really a cool mod, one of the best i ever tryed.
I cross fingers waiting industrial age and the CTD related error.

I have noticed the same thing as bergrar. When I play at normal speed on a warlord level i have the highest score, not many cities so I don't have a high score because of that. When I discovered divine right it was already 1875 AD!

But I still think this is one of the best MOD's for Civ4:)

One minor bug:
When you detect Weaving, the sound is "Put your shoulders to the wheel!" but the message on the screen is "...fruit of thy cattle.."

Except for that, it is great fun!

Top Bottom