[BtS] Rise of Mankind

:) Ok, the game just crashed. Me and Asoka were in Industrial already, and nobody looked like they were gonna get there this turn. Maybe I'm just missing something. If you give me your email, Ill send the saved game to you. Heres a screenshot.

Where is the soylent green facility? Also, the game crashed whenever I click on its link the the civilopedia. Groundwater wells make no sense to build. What are desert windmills for? and why is the town the only thing that receives boosts by techs? why not the village, hamlet and cottage?

What type of map is that, looks fairly distributed.

Is this mod playable start to finish?

How does the .13 patch work with this?

Thanks for your hard work on this mod it was fun up to the crash point.

What do you mean, distributed? Execpt for the crash, everything works great.
patch.13?

Heres my test of the european civs. I managed to get to industrial ok, but the game crashed here. Im guessing ragnar is the culprit, since he is about to finish explosives.heres a screenshot

as for the crash, I have a theory. When you first research a tech of a new era, you get the pop up window saying youve gotten to the new age. Explosives does not do that, to my knowledge, even though it is an industial tech. It can be researched before being in the industial age. The game is trying to switch the art because of someone researching an industrial tech. But, since the tech does ot bring up the advanced to industrial age message, the game crashes. Theres my 2 cents.

ps. ragnar and america use eurpean build style, right?

Keilden,

you cannot play any mod after installing a patch.

the patch changes almost all of the files ingame, thus making mod to be non compatible.

you have to wait until rom will be converted to patch 3.13,
this may take a while to do - cause this is tons of work for a huge mod like rom.

:)

Anyone else then me having problems launching ROM after the new patch?

Yes was a bit of wishfull thinking here aswell.

Ill have to reinstall to be able to do some bughunting. Lets do what Zap said and start a game in the industrial age/ renaissance with one culture group. I take it two civs of one culture group is enough to test?

Ill start with european civs. Lets all do our piece! :goodjob:

The description of the MOD looks great. Great work so far. Does this Mod still have the random events from BTS?

Keilden,

you cannot play any mod after installing a patch.

the patch changes almost all of the files ingame, thus making mod to be non compatible.

you have to wait until rom will be converted to patch 3.13,
this may take a while to do - cause this is tons of work for a huge mod like rom.

:)

I have the game fully updated and the mod seems to work as good as ever.

Yes was a bit of wishfull thinking here aswell.

Ill have to reinstall to be able to do some bughunting. Lets do what Zap said and start a game in the industrial age/ renaissance with one culture group. I take it two civs of one culture group is enough to test?

Ill start with european civs. Lets all do our piece! :goodjob:

I dont think so. I, as the germans, was able to get to industrial ok, then the game crashed quite a while later, when all the civs were european.

yes there are still random events. I think Zap even put in his own but im not sure. But i know he is working on them.

Right back to business :D

I started a duel game with (me)William of Orange(dutch) and Victoria(english).

Settings Chieftan for fast testing. Pangea for sure contact, advanced start in the industrial age. I reached the modern age without a crash.

Ill use the same settings for a renaissance game, but thats for tomorrow.

It could have something to do with the fact that I installed the mod, then downloaded the update.;)

Huh. I installed ROM a week or two ago, and just yesterday downloaded the patch file and ran it to update. Upon loading the mod, the program crashed. I'll try again, but I don't expect it to work.

Are you SURE you are running ROM with v3.13? Can you confirm with the build version in the About as you are at the main start screen for cIV, and that you actually have ROM additions in the game too?

I figured out about the patch. I was downloading from inside the game, so thats why I thought I had patched it when I didnt.

Top Bottom