• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Star Trek Mod

I can't wait for Star Trek 4.0, and I shall make sure I stay current with this thread until it is out, but in the meantime, Deanej, thank you again for 3.0.

I won't tire of saying that I think the musical accompaniment to this MOD is the best I have ever heard for either original game or MOD and really adds to the atmosphere.

Live long and prosper.

so as trekky me lookin for version 4 comin too and am civvy lol

Hi, I just found this mod a week ago and wanted to say it's great.

The ships, the music, the characters popping up everywhere, I love it!

It's obvious an insane amount of work has gone into it, so let me just say thank you on behalf of one very pleased gamer.

Looking forward to 4.0, keep up the good work!

Darn it, I was really excited to try this but I cant get it to work. I know I am just doing something wrong because I am not very computer savvy. Would someone be willing to look over what I've done and tell me where I went wrong? This is what i did so far:

Downloaded and extracted from the zip, had two folders (Assets and Mods) and readme in the zip

Cut/pasted Assets and Mods to C:program Files/Steam/Steamapps/common/BeyondTheSword

Loaded BTS and then tried to load the mod. Didn't see Star Trek in the list of mods I could load, but did see Mods, the folder that had the Star trek mods in it, so loaded that. When BTS restarted it was just standard BTS, no mod

Darn it, I was really excited to try this but I cant get it to work. I know I am just doing something wrong because I am not very computer savvy. Would someone be willing to look over what I've done and tell me where I went wrong? This is what i did so far:

Downloaded and extracted from the zip, had two folders (Assets and Mods) and readme in the zip

Cut/pasted Assets and Mods to C:program Files/Steam/Steamapps/common/BeyondTheSword

Loaded BTS and then tried to load the mod. Didn't see Star Trek in the list of mods I could load, but did see Mods, the folder that had the Star trek mods in it, so loaded that. When BTS restarted it was just standard BTS, no mod

you have putt the assets solder into wrong place and have put the mods folder into wrong place I would say, otherwise you would see under mods when bts 3.19 all mods ever you would put into there, you also can start the mods separately without starting bts at all

preconditioned all files are well downloaded the asset folder goes into where civ4 bts is installed folder under assets and the mods folder under where civ4 bts is installed folder under mods

then it should work, preconditioned no partitionerror (dataerrors of harddisk) is there and all datasectors are not corrumpied and working flawless

We wants 4.0! :mad:

4.0 Beta is VERY playable... I haven't touched 3.xx since the Beta was released. It is much faster; time between turns for a similar setup on my old machine went from 20seconds to 5-10; and will have more features when finished.

This MOD is 3+ years in the works, and the next release will be 'final' and will be a culmination, so it will take some time for it to be perfect in Deanej's mind.

Yeah, I think all the major bugs have been worked out. Pretty much what's left is updating all the older scenarios, adding a couple new ones, and random events. I don't have any plans to add any other major new features, especially since I'm about half way converting the 1.x scenarios right now and don't like having to do updates across several mod folders (which is the reason those scenarios haven't been updated until now in the first place, and also one reason why 3.0 was released with no new scenarios).

I love this mod. It was very well done. Only issue is the Galaxy Mod is very lagging, impossible to play.

Also it would be nice to see a Borg mod, maybe a fictional one where they invade the Alpha Quadrant and all the races there have to ally against the Borg or something.

Also the tech tree goes way too fast, would love to see more tech in there.

Sorry 8472 could not make it, would have made for a nice Mod.

Top Bottom