[BtS] Star Trek Mod

No joy. I still need someone to walk me through the necessary registry change. :(

Massive bummer. :badcomp:
Well hopefully someone can help you that has had this problem! They must of had gone Boldly before where No Man has gone before. Or at least least they stopped just short of going boldly, to take some pictures. :p

good luck.

Copied for completeness:
It looks like the registry entries that tell Windows where civ4 is installed do not exist on your system for some reason. Not really sure what to recommend; the only thing I can think of is to create a key INSTALLDIR in the registry at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword and set that key to where you have civ4 installed.
Click start, type regedit, hit enter, and click yes to the UAC prompt. Navigate to the location using the folder tree on the left (HKLM is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE); after a couple levels it becomes less intimidating mixed case (I seriously think the all caps portion is meant to scare away those who would break their machine by editing the registry just for fun). If you need to add any folders just right click and select new key. Once in the folder right click, select new string value, give it the name and double click it to set the path to where BtS is installed (the folder with the .exe file; typically C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword).

I've played it and have enjoyed a lot. But some questions/suggestions:

- The game it's very fun, I really feel inside StarTrek... :) but a little limited. I mean that there are few wonders, the technology tree it's finished a bit early, and there are not many buildings to build. Will you improve it in a future? :scan:

- WHY the Maquis ships are so ridiculously small? :eek: Is it intentional? On the other hand, Dominion ships seem a bit large...

:thanx:

The Maquis ships were usually armed runabouts at least the ones seen on screen. The Domion ships could be scaled back to almost just above the size of a normal starship. That is why the Maquis ships are so ridiculously small, because they are usually carried inside a lot of the ships. Most of the Federation ships are Starships. Most other races have Starships which is why you notice the difference. The Maquis aren't exactly a race but an armed protest group relying on sympathy to get weapons, equipment and medicines. This mechanic would be hard to actually implement inside Civilization IV without including a black Ops component...

Wohoo. I like this mod a lot. It is easy and fun to play. My favorite leaders are Annorax, Gowron, Gul Dukat. I like Annorax because his ships get many upgrades at start.

too bad that romulan daughter of tasha yar is not a playable romulan, i mean she had a lot of influence in various episodes including the duras scheme.

Well I cannot post a screenshot in this thread because it requires an url. I DON'T KNOW WHY THE WEBSITE WON'T LET ME PASTE OR UPLOAD IMAGES. I am having an error with this scenario and I didn't have it before. I dled Civ 4 just to play this scenario. It simple says that Civ 4 BTS is not responding. There are several error codes I can list. Any advice?

I DON'T KNOW WHY THE WEBSITE WON'T LET ME PASTE OR UPLOAD IMAGES.
instead of using the Quick Reply, Go Advanced. There you can manage attachments like a pic. Upload directly to your post. (like I have done as an example..)

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 129
Top Bottom