[BtS] Star Trek Mod

deanej

Deity
This mod* is a total conversion of Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword to Star Trek. You can play as one of 25 Star Trek civilizations, starting with a "city" and a deep space probe and are tasked with building a civilization to stand the test of time. Like the Final Frontier scenario for BtS, there are space features such as black holes, asteroids, and solar systems. Unlike Final Frontier, concepts such as Great People, unique units, etc. are back in the game**. This mod also has scenarios such as Deep Space Nine and Xindi Attack that let you play out specific events in the Star Trek universe.

*This is actually a mod-mod of the Final Frontier scenario. But is has its own mod-mods, so let's just call it a mod to keep things simple, OK?

**Corporations and random events are not in the game.

Requires the Beyond the Sword expansion pack (windows version) with 3.19 patch and the game language set to English.

Updated 9/27/11

Full Install (version 4.31)

View the forum for this mod.

really? your making somthing from star trek?

and im interested to see how youll encorporate the final front' scenario - should be cool.

also, i wonder about the corporations system that youll use.

and most off all,
theres a need for graphic models,
i hope you have some people for creating starships and such!

i see you have profound knoldgle of star trek, impressive,
im currentlry - watching deep space 9 from season 1-7 - got to season 4 by now :)
so im very excited on playig a star trek civ game :)

Here is more content concerning the mod. Included is the sound files (they are for both the Warlords and BTS versions of the files), a patch for the warlords version that will make the game use them, as well as the BTS version. The BTS version will get a CTD if you enter the TOS era (easily fixed by commenting out the sound data in the EraInfos file) as well as contacting/playing as the Federation, Klingon, or Borg civs.

As for units, I certainly could use someone making models. I'll have to make some kind of chart, but here is a list of the federation ones as well as a few others.

Federation:
-Constitution
-Constitution Refit
-Miranda
-Soyuz
-Excelsior
-Constellation
-Nebula
-Ambassador
-Nova
-Galaxy
-Intrepid
-Sovereign
-Akira
-Prometheus
-Defiant

Generic:
-Deep Space Probe
-Advanced Deep Space Probe
-Tactical Missile
-Subspace Warhead
-Colony Ship (will probably use graphics from Final Frontier)
-Construction Ship (will probably use graphics from Final Frontier)
-Spy
-This will probably include all the types of Great People from the epic game
-This will include missionaries for the various religions.

Space Lifeforms:
-The creature from "Encounter at Farpoint"
-The creature from "Galaxy's Child"
-The cloud creature form "The Cloud"

Wow. This looks awesome.

My request, take it as you will - Use Dale's Ranged Bombardment to allow firing proton torpedos at adjacent targets! Wheee!

Here is more content concerning the mod. Included is the sound files (they are for both the Warlords and BTS versions of the files), a patch for the warlords version that will make the game use them, as well as the BTS version.

I am not exactly sure for which version and/or expansion pack of Civilization 4 does the new Star Trek Mod work. You said that there is included a patch for the Warlords. Which version of the patch? Where shall I install the mod? Shall I install it in the Mods-folder under Warlords or under Beyond the Sword?

Kalkas

For some reason I get a CTD whenever I decide to build a building that has had a custom button made instead of using a default button. Why would this occur? The art displays fine in the game.

I am not exactly sure for which version and/or expansion pack of Civilization 4 does the new Star Trek Mod work. You said that there is included a patch for the Warlords. Which version of the patch? Where shall I install the mod? Shall I install it in the Mods-folder under Warlords or under Beyond the Sword?

Kalkas

The Warlords patch is for the Warlords version of the mod available from the first post that allows it to use the sound data included in the zip file. Also included is a version of the mod that works with BTS 3.02.

EDIT: Fixed crash. Had to remove comma before the path to the button.

EDIT: The Audio files now work. I don't know what caused the crash for the old ones, but the new ones I made work fine.

hey deanej,

i ws just about to write you that you should see if theres a comma,
and then noticed the "edit" tat you found it....
i had this problem too,

im gladto earyou got over the audio problem,
i sorry but i didnt get the time to workon your problem....
so keep up the good work :)

Yay Star Trek mod! (I actually got through watching Generations not half an hour ago.)

Downloading, comments coming soon...

Seems pretty good (though it's tough to comment when you're playing as the UFP and the first unit you build is three guys with clubs). The rock music files don't seem to fit, though - especially the electric guitar screaming out the Generations overture. My suggestion is to stick strictly with the classical-ish.

I don't really have any other suggestions, but it's great!

EDIT: Oh, there are also a couple of spelling errors - I think you misspelled 'rules of acquisition' and 'Original Series'.

Top Bottom