[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

I'm playing a normal speed tiny game and am unable to choose a technology. I'm almost done researching fission (with %0 gold in research, it'll be done in 1 turn), but when i select another technology to research the game crashes. It doesn't matter what technology I select, the game always crashes.

Dear LT,
I looked back upon my installation and did discover that I did indeed unzip into program files (although when I look under program files the denotation "(x86)" is not present.:confused:

Dear The J,
While in the BTS menu I went to Advanced then hit load a mod and it wasn't there; is that the right procedure? Also when browsing my computer, I have to hit the "compatability files" button once I'm in /mods in order to even see the Thomas war folder (the real one). P.S. thank you for your imput:p
Thanks,
edingess

i very much suggest you get Just Another Civ 4 Mod Chooser.
Its an excellent mod choosing utility. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=200145

Hi, have been playing this for a long while, but have just upgraded BTS to version 3.19 and now I have no interface on the mod, BTS works fine, but Rise of Mankind will not load, and Thomas' War loads the map, but no interfae of any kind, any idea of what could be wrong? I am running Civ IV complete on a vista machine.

Same for me in Thomas' War. No problems at startup, seems like game starts normally, but eventually it loads only the map but no interface of any kind. No error messages at all!!!
I have BtS 3.19 and Win XP. I know this mod leaves the dlls, so it is unlikely to happen because of the civ upgrade. And if i remember correctly it was the same problem when i had 3.17, altough I did not try with that version today just months ago...
So I'm pretty sure the problem doesn't connect with the version of my civ 4, but i have no idea how/where to find the bug :confused: :confused:

EDIT: found out that this is/was many other players problem too, so i don't expect any quick solutions. Just hope something based on tsentom1's first post might work eventually...

Great mod! Visually stunning, stable, great trait dynamics - flows very well. There is only one feature I would really like to see added: the option to disable espionage (for custom games). I never cared much for the espionage aspect of the game, but everything else is great!

If you load BTS, set up a custom game and disable espionage, then close that game and open Thomas' War, espionage remains disabled, it works for me :)

I started up the game, and my interface was missing. I cannot see the scores, modify my city production, and the Civilopedia does not show the images and info of the units. I got these two windows with python exceptions enabled:

Window 1:

traceback (most recent call last):
file "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent
file "CvCustomEventManager", line 151, in handleEvent
file "CvCustomEventManager", line 162, in _handleDefaultEvent
file "CvEventManager", line 599, in onGameStart
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'resetNoLiberateCities'

Window 2:

traceback (most recent call last):
file "CvScreensInterface", line 710, in forceScreenRedraw
file "CvMainInterface", line 891, in redraw
file "CvMainInterface", line 1308, in updatePlotListButtons
AttributeError: 'CyUnit' object has no attribute 'getButton'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Guys!

I've the same problem like AbsintheRed, when I start Thomas War. Game starts normally, but I cant use Options, Civpedia, etc. and In-Game I've no Interface (no tax rates, city interface and so on). Does someone how to fix this problem? I love Thomas War, becaus it is awesome, but I cant play it anymore -.-

My Bts is 3.19, it didnt worked with 3.17 either

Same for me in Thomas' War. No problems at startup, seems like game starts normally, but eventually it loads only the map but no interface of any kind. No error messages at all!!!
I have BtS 3.19 and Win XP. I know this mod leaves the dlls, so it is unlikely to happen because of the civ upgrade. And if i remember correctly it was the same problem when i had 3.17, altough I did not try with that version today just months ago...
So I'm pretty sure the problem doesn't connect with the version of my civ 4, but i have no idea how/where to find the bug :confused: :confused:

EDIT: found out that this is/was many other players problem too, so i don't expect any quick solutions. Just hope something based on tsentom1's first post might work eventually...

@ dopingman: Yeah. Still not be able to fix that, but honestly, not even tried too eagerly.
I think without any further help, i'm out of options for this mod...

I just downloaded version 2.8, and I have a question. I'm new to the whole mod thing, so maybe this is a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway:

When I started a game with this mod, the bottom menu where all of the buttons for unit actions are isn't there. At all. Because of that, I can't do anything. At all. I looked through the options and there doesn't seem to be an option for this. How do I get the buttons back?
I posted this on page four with regards to version 2.8. I gave up on that version and just checked today to see what version he was on now. I downloaded the most recent one and tried it but had exactly the same problem. What am I supposed to do?

And when I'm talking about those buttons, I mean I can't even settle my first city. I can't do anything at all.

Hey Guys!

I've the same problem like AbsintheRed, when I start Thomas War. Game starts normally, but I cant use Options, Civpedia, etc. and In-Game I've no Interface (no tax rates, city interface and so on). Does someone how to fix this problem? I love Thomas War, becaus it is awesome, but I cant play it anymore -.-

My Bts is 3.19, it didnt worked with 3.17 either

You should make sure, that the thomas war folder is exaclty named like the downloaded file, and that you didn't rename it.
If that doesn't help: Go to the civ4.ini (My Documents\My Games\BtS\Civilization4.ini, rightclick -> open with notepad, wordpad) and activate the python exceptions through setting

PHP:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1

to 0, and please post the exceptions you get.

Personnel: Can you PLS let this mod die in comfort, or if someone else can resurrect it, have at it, but PLS the author has been gone for a LOOONG time now, can WE pls let dead dogs lie.:(

Hey, the mod is well done and playable, so there's no reason to complain, when somebody want to play it.

Huh, the author has talked to me, so I don't think he's long dead. :(

Hi Thomas,

Thanks again for this amazing MOD, it s just so real !! I love your works (like ozymandias).

Now the only thing is that I see in the civilopedia a few new religions (caanism/vodou /etc...) that can be found through 2 tech which are Faith and Shamanism. But when I play the game and Check the tech tree I DON T SEE THEM...No Idea how to research those 2 techs! !!!!!

ANYBODY KNOWS WHY OR HOW TO FIND THEM ?

PS : If you answer me I ll teach you how to fish (it will feed you for a lifetime;) )

Can someone please explain to me where EXACTLY do i put the file once i downloaded it. When i did, I went to BTS, Advanced, Load a mod, and the mod wasn't there? What do i do? and can someone explain to me as simple as possible where to put it and what to do if i get error messages. I don't like mods that don't work especially ones that look cool like this one.

Top Bottom