[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

I've had some difficulties running the mod... Mostly the Civilopedia and Options menus won't open, the UI is missing, and I can't use the hotkeys for civics, religion, ect.

My Civ version is 3.17, and the mod version is 3.01, I believe... I'm running Civ IV Complete on Vista. I tried the majority of the troubleshooting tips that were written, and I've finally turned off the python exceptions, and written down the messages.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
File "CvEventInterface", line 13, in ?
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 23, in ?
File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
File "CvScreensInterface", line 3, in ?
File "CvMainInterface", line 11, in ?
File "CvConfigParser", line 26, in ?
File "CvPath", line 128, in ?
File "CvPath", line 113, in _getUserDir
File "CvPath", line 118, in _getInstallDir
File "CvPath", line 102, in _getRegValue
WindowsError
:
[Errno 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Failed to load python module CvEventInterface.

Hello, is Thomas' War development still active?
If yes, i'd like to suggest some things:

- expand ancient and medieval era techtrees
- more religions
- create a prehistorical age (like Caveman2Cosmos mod)
- include more amerindian civs (Carib, Anasazi, Je, Chimu, Cherokee, Zapotec, Cree etc.)

There's a newer version released on Atomic Gamer from september or something last year that adds some civs, apart from that I don't think any more develop by the original author.

Time permitting, I'll release my personal mod which uses Thomas' War as a base but adds some more traits, civs, unique civics, SDK stuff and so forth . Like Thomas' War, it will act as a unofficial expansion for vanilla BTS rather than a complete rework with only a couple of changes in the Techtree.

Hello, is Thomas' War development still active?
If yes, i'd like to suggest some things:

- expand ancient and medieval era techtrees
- more religions
- create a prehistorical age (like Caveman2Cosmos mod)
- include more amerindian civs (Carib, Anasazi, Je, Chimu, Cherokee, Zapotec, Cree etc.)

He no longer updates his stuff, sadly, but I have taken his latest build and have had many techs, units, Unique Units, and buildings. I am about to release a new version of my Extreme2.

I also used his older Thomas build to make ExtremeMod which adds magic and steampunk stuff.

Age of Discovery does not use Thomas War mod, but is just a basic mod.

Just for anyone having problems with where you install this mod if you bought the steam version of the game, you put it in ProgramFiles/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword/Beyond the Sword/Mods. Hope this helps somebody.

Just for anyone having problems with where you install this mod if you bought the steam version of the game, you put it in ProgramFiles/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword/Beyond the Sword/Mods. Hope this helps somebody.

Also; if you want a desktop Shortcut try...

If you own the Steam version
1. goto Steam Library
2. find Civ4 BtS
3. goto Properties
4. goto set launch options
5. Copy/paste " mod=\ModName " w/out quotes
6. go play your game. :crazyeye:

With this you should be able to play your Mods w/out starting up Vanilla BTS. Just use your Steam BTS shortcut, or start- through Steam Library.

Note: to play original game remove this " mod=\ModName " from start properties. It is useful to make a notepad on your desktop to store all of these shortcuts, sometimes I find myself playing multiple Mods, this helps keep it organized. Cheers!

Hello all!

Thomas' War seems to be an amazing mod. I will play to it, but I don't know what to download and how to install it.
I don't possess any of the former versions of Thomas' War. Have I to download everything from the begining? And if I have to, where can I do it?
Now, I just have de 3.5a patch, and it doesn't seem sufficient to play.
Do I need the animated leader patch, the static leader patch, the wonder movies and wonder static patch to play?
Could you also help me to install it?
Thanks for your answers
Bye!

P.S: Excuse-me for my English, which is not good everytime.

Spoiler :
Hello all!

Thomas' War seems to be an amazing mod. I will play to it, but I don't know what to download and how to install it.
I don't possess any of the former versions of Thomas' War. Have I to download everything from the begining? And if I have to, where can I do it?
Now, I just have de 3.5a patch, and it doesn't seem sufficient to play.
Do I need the animated leader patch, the static leader patch, the wonder movies and wonder static patch to play?
Could you also help me to install it?
Thanks for your answers
Bye!

P.S: Excuse-me for my English, which is not good everytime.

Celtiktom,
It seems that your missing the main file , you'll want this to start as it is the core game files. And to answer your question about Animated Leader Heads , and Animated Wonders ,those are completely optional. The Mod author does say that you will want a powerhouse computer to run the game with them, so by default the Static version is included. I'm guessing that they were both made available so that you can choose what is best for you.

As far as the installation goes download: Boxed version Thomas's War 3.5 which already has the patch to your Mods folder in your BtS folder
...usually this is (driver game installed)/Program Files (X86)/Firaxis/Sid Miers BTS/Beyond the Sword/Mods

if you have the Steam version:
...(driver Steam installed)/Program Files (X86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meirs Civilization iv beyond the sword/Beyond the Sword/Mods

After you download the file use WinRar, Winzip, or w/e to open the file. Now my memory on whether or not this is an Exe. file, or folders is vague...so If it's an Exe, direct the file to the appropriate folder (as stated above).

And in the case the files are in folders, just copy/paste the Thomas's War folder to your Mods folder(as stated above).

Good luck hope it helps :beer:

I still love the Thomas' War mod even after years of playing it and more than a year making my own mods. I recently returned to my roots and found my Thomas' War mod and played it again, but after modding I found it lacking in a few areas. I decided I was going to a make 10 small changes to the core rule systems and provide a link to it for others to enjoy.

I take absolutely no credit for this mod, as it is all the work of Thomas. I have simply made a few XML alterations.

With that said, these are the small changes I made:

Added 2 horse units: Light Cavalry and Heavy Cavalry
Added a new bow unit called a Composite Bowman that is a 4/1
Changed the construction of lumberyard earlier in the game with it now requiring Iron Working
Allowed hamlets and workshops to be placed in desert
Altered resources so that each has a pre-required technology for it to appear
Added more significance to roads -- generally giving areas with roads a +1 commerce/gold.

If you have not tried the Thomas War -- this is a great opportunity to give it a shot. You can download it from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DFECBRK0

All hail the mighty Thomas!

Great mod. One question, how do I include a modified CvGameCore.DLL with 40civ into the mod? I think copying it into /Thomas'War/Assets should work. But it didn't. The mod just crashed after I selected more than 18civs. If I play CvGameCore.DLL as a separate mod, then it worked fine. Do you have any idea? Does Thomas'War mod need a customized CvGameCore.DLL with Thomas'War specified in the file? See attached DLL for more info.

Thank you.

Attachments

• BTS317_50civ_CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    947.5 KB · Views: 83
Hi, I seem to have encountered a minor gameplay error - after building the HERC Factory, I still can't built any more Assault Mechs than before. Whenever I attempt to build one in one of my cities, a turn or so afterwards I am informed that I "can no longer continue working on Assault Mech. The lost production is turned into ___ gold." I'm guessing this happened to someone else before. I am playing on the Earth 2 map if that helps. By the way, a HERC Factory lets you build unlimited Assault Mechs.

:lol: when I play this mod, i get a blank screen for the tech tree. I have no way to plan what tech advances i want. My Op sys is Win 7, if that makes a difference. Hope there is a simple fix.

Is there a minimum screen resolution or do I just have to change it in the options? I have a 17 inch widescreen so when I play on the minimum resolution I have it top-to-bottom full and have the black bars on the side. I can run C2C with this resolution though, so I was wondering..
It's just the interface missing. It specifically said it was due to resolution

Hi, I seem to have encountered a minor gameplay error - after building the HERC Factory, I still can't built any more Assault Mechs than before. Whenever I attempt to build one in one of my cities, a turn or so afterwards I am informed that I "can no longer continue working on Assault Mech. The lost production is turned into ___ gold." I'm guessing this happened to someone else before. I am playing on the Earth 2 map if that helps. By the way, a HERC Factory lets you build unlimited Assault Mechs.

Just to mention, I have the same issue, but I really don't think it'll get fixed here with this mod. It looks like other people have taken this mod and made their own version of it so maybe we can get one of them to fix it.

Does Thomas'war work with windows7?
When I play, I he began, but then once the game started, I have no bar at the top (search date, advisors, ...) or down (units, orders, mini-map). I have version 3.1b.
Anyone can help me please?
AdelineJ

I've had some difficulties running the mod... Mostly the Civilopedia and Options menus won't open, the UI is missing, and I can't use the hotkeys for civics, religion, ect.

My Civ version is 3.17, and the mod version is 3.01, I believe... I'm running Civ IV Complete on Vista. I tried the majority of the troubleshooting tips that were written, and I've finally turned off the python exceptions, and written down the messages.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "CvEventInterface", line 13, in ?
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 23, in ?
File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
File "CvScreensInterface", line 3, in ?
File "CvMainInterface", line 11, in ?
File "CvConfigParser", line 26, in ?
File "CvPath", line 128, in ?
File "CvPath", line 113, in _getUserDir
File "CvPath", line 118, in _getInstallDir
File "CvPath", line 102, in _getRegValue
WindowsError
:
[Errno 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Failed to load python module CvEventInterface.

Try running the game under administrator and see if that works.

Top Bottom