BTS won't Install - Patched Failed

I was having the same problem as Skyline, I have no warlords and Civ IV reg edition along with BtS. Civ IV was installing fine but the patch would fail during BtS installer. So I saw Sky's post about manually patching to 1.61 and thought I'd try it, though 1.74 wouldn't manually install (said it was incompatible with version 1.09) Anyway, 1.61 installed just fine, then the BtS installer worked just fine too. Thanks Sky! Hope someone else can get use of this too!

-Gadwin

I'm having installation problems too. I have the vanilla edition of Civ 4, warlords, and BtS ... but BtS won't install. Everyone else seems to be getting an "aborting installation error" but all I get is a CTD.

During installation, it will get up to the point where it says, "There is a newer version of Sid Meier's Civ 4, installing patch now." The computer works for about 2 minutes, then the hard drive light stops flashing and the entire program just disappears. No errors, no beeps, nothing. It just crashes out of existence.

I've tried just installing the programs with no patches. I've tried installing 1.74 after installing everything else. I've tried installing 1.74 before I install Warlords. I've tried installing 1.61 but not 1.74 before and after installing Warlords. I tried patching Warlords before BtS but I just get the standard "sorry, but you don't have the game installed" error message, so I gave up on that.

In other words, I get the crash during installation regardless of which patch I use or in what order I install them in.

I'm beginning to think I just wasted $30. Anyone want a copy of BtS?

Does anyone know if the Civ 4 complete set will work on vista given the problems with installing bts on top of gold edition?

:sad: so, I'm screwed? is there no way around this? what do I do? :( :cry:

To clarify I try to install beyond the sword, I have civ 4 gold edition, it says "a newer edition of civilization exists patching now, then it says failed to patch." what do I do...?

yeah old thread but I am having the same problem. Whenever I try installing BtS it says that it found a new patch and after 2 minutes or so it says "Patch failed to install" (Background info: I first bought CIV IV Complete on Steam and later on Civ V and well everything was great and all except trying to play all the great Mods on here and to my dismay, someone tells me that Steam is "borked" meaning its hella effed up and there's no easy solution for it. So last week I was going to buy Civ IV Complete but ended up buying Civ IV Gold and BtS seperately. Which so far according to the past queries seems to be a huge mistake instead of getting Civ Complete) Is there a way that I can simultaneously use the Steam BtS and the BtS CD? I mean sounds redundant but whenever I install mods from here, it won't install properly because the filename is too long or I put it in the wrong folder and whatnot. I am almost at wit's end:cry:

I can't address the total problem, but the disk version and the Steam version are installed in separate locations. The regular patches can't find the Steam version, you have to get the patches for that from Steam. Also, don't use the in-game patcher on the disk version it is - SNAFU. Download the patch for the disk version from these forums and then run the installer in the package.

Top Bottom