Buce 02 - The Son's Of Ghengis Khan

Exactly.

I'm still more than a little rusty with my Civ3 routine, but I have been really enjoying finishing off this game with you guys.

It's been a great game. I'm glad Buce started it so many moons ago :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

I think it's a bit early for nostalgia posts, guys - Xerxes is still proving somewhat resiliant - but I know what you mean, it's been a blast.

Phaedo said:
I left all the armies I didn't use for the attacks with full movement so Buce can organize them as he likes.

Thanks, Phaedo, but it's TT up next - I'm sure he'll appreciate it, though.

Persia has infantry now?

That's going to slow things down a little.

I propose we declare on Japan soon - our armies are in the area anyway, and we can divert some of them to Japan after we raze Giza. This will save some work later, as we don't have to walk our armies back, and don't have to face their resettled towns.

Just make sure they keep one until last.

That makes me up I think? I can play in the weekend.

OK, mate - give 'em hell.

That was certainly one of the most absurdistic war movie scenes ever - that quote, and then the surfing. Unbelievable, completely unreal and thereby terrifying. It is sort of interesting that Saving Private Ryan (another fantastic war movie) obtained the same effect by opposite means: very realistic (maybe not the plot, but for sure the action scenes) and therefore terrifying.

I'm no hero - I prefer the smell of coffee in the morning. :)

It is a shame about the mobilization. I should have caught that. Still, it only affected our cav production, of which we already have plenty.

Persia has infantry everywhere. The last city I took had 3. I'm not sure if they upgraded everyone or just shuffled down their troops. Probably the former. It's slow going without arty.

Kicking Japan off the beta continent seems like a good plan. We have plenty to deal with the 2 cities they have on our continent. It does seem silly to leave Toku to build cities over those that we have just razed.

@TT The workers are in monster stacks (clear, road, rail and irrigate). It's at that point where what they do doesn't matter too much. Sorry that there isn't any real order to it. I think there might be one more jungle tile that could be cleared for a city. Other than that, I think they are just decorating our home.

There is a stack of settlers as well. I couldn't see much use for them. We might want to join them up to farms to max cash.

I highly recommend Hearts of Darkness. If you liked AN, the making of it was really interesting.

I played. Egypt gone, Japan down to 1 city, Persia down to 5 cities. 5 more turns I guess.

Handover notes:

Most our armies are healthy now and have movement still.
There are some huge worker stacks near Mandalogovi, though thye have nothing useful to do I guess.
There are a fair number of Persian infantry and guerillas moving south towards our dye colony. There is an arty stack and 2 armies waitng for them.

Turnlog:

Spoiler :
0: 1400 AD

Inspect the save.

Military

I change some cav builds to infantry as I want some as sentinel on strategic points on our rail netwrok on the other continent,
for guarding our worker stacks, and for safekeeping our 2 settlements on the other continent. No point in holding up our armies for these tasks.
I also want some arty to more effectively shell the foreign ships, this wil slow them down as they will return to a city for healing.
Update some cannons, and start a rax in New Tabriz 2 for upgrading our cannons on the other continent, will be rushed next turn.

Most of our armies are tired so I give them a rest.
Cover a big stack of capture workered in Persia with a pillager army so that Persia won't recapture them. I will disband the workers next turn, no point in keeping the army from pillaging.

Diplomacy

Both Persia and Egypt will talk. Both have The Corporation now. Make peace with Egypt adding TC for 100gpt, redeclare immediately. Remobilize.
Egypt also has steel and refining, Persia only refining. This means that techwise Egypt is 2 techs away from either bombers or tanks; Persia 3 techs. They will be too late, probably, but some counter measures can't hurt. Bombers need oil, tanks oil and rubber. That sets our pillaging targets I think.
Make peace with Persia adding refining for 150gpt, redeclare immediately. Remobilize.

There is only 1 source of oil in our teritory and it is in Japanese control near Matsuyama. This probably means we need to leave Fukushima as the last Japanese city, not Matsuyama.
We do not need oil right now, but if we can get combustion, we can have transports, which have 6 movement, galleons 4, and these do need oil.
There is also a source of oil near New Tabriz 2, we can found a city there and it would be connected right away.

Economy

MM-wise the cities are in order.
We have 14 spare settlers. We'll need 2 for oil cities, 1 for a wine colony, and maybe 1 for a dye colony. Then again if the number of infantry in Persia is really going to slow us down we may also need artillery and war-settlers (forgot the actual term) to speed up artillery movement. So for now I decide not to join any settler back to cities, let's see how the set goes.

IBT

Lots of ship movement, see an Egypt transport.
Persia lands 1 guerilla near Danger Zone.
3 cav builds complete, 4 infantry.

1: 1405 AD

MM the 14 cities that have grown. Shell and kill the Persian invader.
Upgrade 2 cannons in the homeland to arty. Rush rax in New Tabriz 2. Ship 3 infantry and a settler to New Tabriz 2.

Egypt: Mendez destroyed. 5 healthy armies gang up on Giza for a fight next turn. Hyangsan destroyed. Egypt down to 3 cities.

Persia: captured arty shells Hieraconpolis (1 infantry and 2 guerrillas), an army razes it. Wonsan razed (2 vet infantry, an army goes to 5 hp on 1 of them).
Disband worker stack in Persia in order to free up the covering army for pillaging duties, it moves towards a rubber source to see if it is reconnected.
I will be a little careless about captured workers in not going out of my way to protect them - use them if possible without being captured, but otherwise disband them.

Rush army in KK.

IBT

Seoul (Persian) destroyed by Egypt.
KK army -> army. New Tabriz 2: rax - arty.
3 settlers complete, 2 cavs.

2: 1410 AD

Egypt: raze Giza (2 rifles, 3 guerillas). Regrouping armies and resting. 4 will remain south to take out the Japanese cities.
Found a dye colony, just for the hell of it - we'll see. Ship new army to New Tabriz 2, upgrade cannons to arty there.
Pollution on a mountain near Tatu, 35 workers are not enough to clean it up in 1 turn. It is still on exactly 80s for 1 turn cavs though.
6 arty near Danger zone redline 3 trespassing Persian ships.

23 cities have grown, MM them. Halfway, CA2 crashes; after I restart it, the "... have grown" list is gone. Bummer.

IBT
Persian lands 2 guerillas near Danger Zone.
1 cav, 2 settler builds complete.

3: 1415 AD

Japan has founded another city.
17 cities have grown, MM them.
Shell and kill the 2 Persian invaders, get an MGL for that. From a 3 cav army that goes to support our Japanese campaign at Matsumaya.

Egypt: raze Pithom (1 rifle, 1 guerrilla). They won't talk - we could maybe extort steel from them. Decide not to wait on this and go for Abydos now.
Full health army looses 15 hp on a vet rifle but then kills it. Next is only a conscript. Abydos razed, Egypt is out of the game.
Found New Choybalsan 2 on an oil source N of New Tabriz 2.

IBT

1 cav, 4 settler, 4 infantry, 2 firgate builds complete.

4: 1420 AD

I though I had stopped all settler builds but I apparently did not, do that now, switch the 6 or so remaing ones to arty.
5 cities have grown, MM them.
Shell and kill the 2 Persian invaders.

Declare on Japan. We raze Pyongsang, Bizen, Echizen (founded last turn) Suo, Tokyo and Matsuyama. They are now down to 2 cities.
Persia: raze Taejon, Merv and Asyut.

IBT

KK: army -> army.
3 cavs and 1 infantry complete.

5: 1425 AD

Form a 3 cav army, to pillage around Fukushima. New Erdenet 2 founded near an oil source.

Japan: Kagoshima destroyed, Japan now down to 1 city, Fukushima. When pillaging is done there next turn, we can make peace if we want to.
Persia: Dakyanus, Tyre, Ghulaman and Istahkr razed. Each had 2 infantry.

Lux slider from 20% to 10%.

IBT

Persian land 1 guerilla near Danger Zone.
A cav build completes.

6: 1430 AD

Remobilize, forgot to do that when Egypt was destroyed. Sorry.
New Tsetserleg 2 founded near the wines. Found a fur colony. Lux to 0%.
14 cities have grown, MM them. (Guess I forgot that last turn too, sorry).
Kill the Persian invader.
Rusk army in KK. Raze Dariush Kabir. Many armies need a rest now. Others are set on a 2 turn walk to north Persia.

IBT

1 cav and 1 infantry complete.

7: 1435 AD

14 cities have grown, MM them.
Loose an army at Hamadan against a vet infantry. Send 2 armies as reinforcements. Many armies still healing. Two 3-army stacks arrive at Gordium and Antioch.
Gems City founded, we now have all 8 luxes.
Merge some settlers into size 5 cities that don't need a duct, this is good for unit support. Then I notice that we are already about 70 units under unit support ...
Use the remaining settlers to found 3 new size 5 farms. We're close to 1000gpt now.

IBT

3 cavs and 4 infantry complete. Wine city: walls-> wealth

8: 1440 AD

Kill Japanese rifle near Wine city.
16 cities have grown, MM them. We're now at 1023 gpt.
Hamadan razed (2 infantry, 2 rifles). Gordium razed (1 infantry + 1 rifle). Ergili razed (1 infantry + 1 rifle).
Antioch razed (3 infantry + 1 rifle + a guerilla), loose a full health cav army against a vet infantry.
Persia down to 6 cities.
6 armies have healed and move north now.

IBT

1 cav and 1 infantry complete.

9: 1445 AD

11 cities have grown, MM them.
Armies moving and healing.

IBT
Persian geurillas come out of nowhere and attack a redlined army, we loose the army.

10: 1450 AD

Kill the 2 invaders.
11 cities have grown, MM them.
Raze Sidon. Persia down to 5 cities. Leave it at this.

What's left of Persia:

Spoiler :

The Save:

Attachments

• SG_GK_TT_1450AD.SAV
    260.9 KB · Views: 58
Right, CAII isn't working at all now, so no mm this turn; I've also fortified all worker stacks.

Plenty of movement left, so let's see if I can do it in less than TT's predicted 5 turns.

Enter:

1455AD:

Two Armies kill two infantry and three rifles to raze the capital (Samaria), one down, four to go - capital moves to Borazjan; four healthy Armies will be there next turn. Armies outside Zohak and Jinjan.

IBT:

You gotta love the AI - several galleons drop into Borazjan and head to Mongolia, presumably loaded with units from the Borazjan garrison.

1460AD:

Zohak is only lightly defended, and one Army is enough to raze it; two down, three to go.
Jinjan is better defended, and I red-line two Armies before razing it; three down, two to go.
Borazjan and Turang Tepe are surrounded by forest, so I've lost too many movement points to attack this turn; however, it will all be over next turn.

1465AD:

Note to Xerxes: conscript rifles do not perform well against cavalry Armies - Borazjan is razed; four down, one remaining.
Turang Tepe is defended a little better but is razed anyway.
Xerxes is dragged through the streets in chains - Persia is destroyed.
Finally it's time to put Tokugawa out of his misery - Fukushima is razed. Game over.

Attachments

• Victory screen..JPG
    Victory screen..JPG
    271.4 KB · Views: 119
Definitely an enjoyable game. Thanks all!

We should consider another one.

congratulations to you all, the worthy sons of Ghengis Khan (or "wosogks" ;)). it was a great SG to read and follow.

templar_x

A genocide game is to easy for you guys. How about all enemy cities must be kept and if they flip, must be retaken, and no city can ever be abandoned or destroyed by the team. Call it 'winners, keepers, losers weepers'. It could be AW or not, or even a 5BC. That would be challenging enough. If you guys don't want to try it, I might with my next SG.

Top Bottom